Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
147 views
Hey

I am trying to skin my Prometheus Editor but i can't get it to work.

This works:
<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" />

This does not:
<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" Skin="Vista" />

When i do not apply a skin-attribute, it seems like it loads some kind of default skin from the embedded resources in the dll, but whin i apply the skin attribute (Vista, Default, Office2007...) i get the System.NullReferenceException. I have tried both IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0, tried to deploy the Editor in an existing solution, and tried to make a simple new solution with just one aspx-page with one editor. The errors are the same...

As I understand from your support pages, their should be some of the skins mentioned above available as embedded resourses in the dll, and therefore i suppose it should work without any references two directories with ressource files.

Have anyone experienced the same problems or does anybody have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Anders
Denmark
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
4 answers
126 views
We're very happy to have the RadEditor installed and make it easier to insert/manage images.

Still, there's a couple things we're missing which SharePoint did well. Are these features possible in the latest release, or will they be available in a later one?

One, when you reply on a discussion thread, you don't see the text of the post you're replying to. Now, quoting text is way old-school, but consider that (a) SharePoint neatly collapses it on display, and (b) when you're composing a reply, it's nice to see the original text.

Two, SharePoint has this amazing bulletproofing feature that even if you leave the page (accidentally hitting the back button) and then returning, the text is unharmed: it stays. Using RadEditor it gets blanked. That's too bad.

thanks,

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
3 answers
118 views
As covered in http://www.uvm.edu/~jgm/wordpress/?p=85 there appears to be an issue where by in order for users to create a site that activates the RAD Editor for Lists, the user needs to be granted Read/Write access to the following files:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\RadEditorList.ascx
and
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\RadEditorFeature\RadEditorList.ascx

This is far from ideal from a security point of view...

Are there plans to address this in either the Lite or Full SharePoint RAD Editors?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
1 answer
147 views
The INamingContainer Bug continues to be a show stopper for me.  I'm quite surprised that this bug even existed in the "Sep 17" release.  Since that release was three days late it took me those extra days to find and diagnose the bug.  I've put my reputation on the line based on the solid telerik reputation but this is getting ridiculous.  An Interim Build was supposed to be available last week - which is nice because I'm working 7 days a week right now and I could have gotten caught up over the weekend.  No dice.  Then Monday morning it was promised later in the day.  No dice.  Now it's Tuesday afternoon in Bulgaria and I still can't find it anywhere?
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
4 answers
158 views
Hi,

I will use RadEditor for quite a large collection site. I have no problem to install and deploy the solution, but the feature's scope is site level which means that i'll have to go on every website to activate the feature. I was wondering if there were anything I could modify in the wsp or somewhere else to have the features activated by default.

Thanks,

Guillaume.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
1 answer
116 views
I have a test site that I am writing to test how some of the new controls work together.

Currently, I am loading several Docks into a RadDockLayout in the Page_Init. Then, in the Page_Load, I am running the following code:
RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add("CLIENT ID HERE", true) 

The clientID above references an Image control that I have placed in the Dock. This is working just fine. The tooltip loads w/o any issue.

However, when I dynamically create another Dock at a later point in time using the methods in the Dynamic Dock example, I cannot seem to get the TargetControls.Add method to register. I get no error, but no tooltip apears.

I have tried placing it in the ButtonAddDock_Click function: nada. What is the best way to pull this off?

Thanks in advance!
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
1 answer
208 views
A question only for WSS3:

I'd like to know when ToolsFile.xml or ListToolsFile.xml is used depending on what type of content I'm editing.

For example, is the ToolsFile.xml only used for the RadEditor Webpart and the ListToolsFile.xml is used for all others?

Plus, in the ListToolsFile.xml, it has basic and advanced sections. What determines which one is used?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
9 answers
367 views
Is there a way to disable the appointment delete.  We need to cancel appointments and keep the appointment information along with the reason for cancellation without removing the original appointment.
Michael Hanson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
1 answer
168 views

Hello:

Is that be possible to localize the advanced edit form of Radscheduler, and how can I customize it too. Could you please give me some hints.

Best regards

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
2 answers
217 views
On my site I get users to select their time zone in a Profile editor (ASP.NET Profiles) and use this in several places to localise deadlines for competitions.

Now on loading my new Meeting Place that uses the Scheduler I set the TimeZoneOffset to try and get the appointments to show the localised date and time for users so they know exactly when a meeting is taking place in their own timezone.  But it is not working.

For example I set up an online meeting for 19:00 BST last night using my own account, then on another machine changed the timezone in the profile of my test user to US EST.  I expected the appointment to show up at 14:00 in scheduler, but it didn't appear at all.  A similar one at 19:00 BST the previous day showed up at 19:00.

Am I missing something or is this broken? 
Michael Hanson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?