Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
127 views
I have a pair cascading drop down lists in the InlineInsertTemplate. Initially I was having a problem getting a handle on the drop down list to get the selected value to avoid the container issues with databinding two-way bound controls. All that said, I was able to get a handle but it isn't the updated drop down list.

Is there a way to force the update of a control in the Scheduler's ViewState (If that is the problem)?

It seems that this is the problem considering that the control is never updated according to the Scheduler even though on the page it had been re-bound with new data triggered by the selected index change of the upper drop down list.

Here is the link to the thread for getting a handle.
https://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-babggb.aspx

Thanks,
Shawn
Shawn Iuliucci
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
167 views
Markup code is shown below. Problem is that tooltip will not hide when mouse out of the link. I have to move mouse on tool tip, than mouse out of tool tip and than will hide.

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> 
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
        <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton> 
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" Skin="Telerik" 
        TargetControlID="LinkButton1" 
        Sticky="true"         
         runat="server" RelativeTo="Element" Animation="Fade" OffsetY="1"> 
         Some text 
         </telerik:RadToolTip> 
        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager1" runat="server"> 
        </telerik:RadToolTipManager> 

Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
123 views
Hi,

We use RadScheduler with templates (InlineInsertTemplate, InlineEditTemplate and AppointmentTemplate),
because our appointmets are very complicated. The templates is a good idea.

When I want editing(or insert) appointment in day view then everithing looks good,
but in week or month view it looks terrible. In small part of calendar I cannot see what I edditing.

I've just view following thread:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mkbdt.aspx

It is possible to show templates (insert and editing) on dialog panel (not RadWindow)?
I thing that the feature will be very useful.

I try simulate dialog panel using tooltip but it is very dificult(especially for InsertTemplate).

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
9 answers
286 views
Hi,

I am trying to stop the scheduler from showing the in-edit appointment option. 

To explain, I have created ASP code in the .cs file which, when the user double clicks on the date (in the scheduler) it automatically logs the appointment based on a category of "morning" "afternoon" "all day". 

All of this code works fine, my problem is after you have double clicked on the scheduler it populates the appointment but waits for the user to click the "tick" to commit the changes. 

Can the commit be done within the ASP code at all?  I notice that the rad window example will do this, but in that example the clientside code (javascript) opens the rad window then cancels the appointment, then the radwindow reinserts the appointment.

In my case all my code is via ASP meaning the RadWindow example will not work for me as the clientside script will always fire before the server side. 

Below is a snippet of my code, Can anyone help?
    protected void RadScheduler1_FormCreated(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerFormCreatedEventArgs e)  
    {  
       DropDownList jobtype =  (DropDownList)fvNewService2.FindControl("ddlJobType");  
       DropDownList employee = (DropDownList)fvNewService2.FindControl("ddlEmployee");  
       DropDownList jobstatus = (DropDownList)fvNewService2.FindControl("ddlJobStatus");  
       DropDownList time = (DropDownList)fvNewService2.FindControl("ddlTime");  
       TextBox mileage = (TextBox)fvNewService2.FindControl("ServiceHistoryMilageTextBox");  
       TextBox hoursworked = (TextBox)fvNewService2.FindControl("txHoursWorked");  
       DropDownList paymenttype = (DropDownList)fvNewService2.FindControl("ddlPaymentType");  
       DropDownList paymentstatus = (DropDownList)fvNewService2.FindControl("ddlPaymentStatus");  
       string starttime;  
       string endtime;  
       string thedate;  
 
       thedate = e.Appointment.Start.ToShortDateString();  
       //create code for noew line  
       char chrCR = (char)13;  
       string strCR = chrCR.ToString();  
       char chrLF = (char)10;  
       string strLF = chrLF.ToString();  
       string strCRstrCRLF = strCR + strLF;  
 
//obtain hours based on the form value of time  
        switch (time.SelectedValue)  
        {  
            default:  
                  
                starttime = thedate.ToString() + " 09:00:00";  
                endtime = thedate.ToString() + "17:00:00";  
                break;  
            //Morning  
            case "1":  
                starttime = thedate.ToString() + " 09:00:00";  
                endtime = thedate.ToString() + " 12:00:00";  
                break;  
            //Afternoon  
            case "2":  
                starttime = thedate.ToString() + " 12:00:00";  
                endtime = thedate.ToString() + " 17:00:00";  
                break;  
            //All Day  
            case "3":  
                starttime = thedate.ToString() + " 09:00:00";  
                endtime = thedate.ToString() + " 17:00:00";  
                break;  
        }  
         
        e.Appointment.Start = DateTime.Parse(starttime.ToString());  
        e.Appointment.End = DateTime.Parse(endtime.ToString());  
        e.Appointment.Subject = "Job Type: " + jobtype.SelectedItem.ToString() + strCRLF.ToString()   
            + "Employee:" + employee.SelectedItem.ToString();  
 
    // how do I commit the appointment from here????????????  
          
    } 
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
288 views
Hi Telerik Team,

I am using RadInput Text control version 2.0.0.0 and Im loading the control in my aspx page as follows 

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="false" ValidateRequest="false"%>
<%
@ Register Tagprefix="radI" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadInput.Net2, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1432cd341173140" %>

<html>

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title >Test</title>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<radI:RadTextBox

ID="txtNewUser2"

runat="server" TextMode ="MultiLine"

EmptyMessage="code d'accès">

</radI:RadTextBox>

</form>

</body>

</html>

This is working fine for me and the text box gets loaded fine

But when I change the TextMode of the rad textbox to "SingleLine" or "Password" I get the following error 

<ınput type="text" size="15" id="txtNewUser2_text"> <ınput style="visibility: hidden; width: 0px; border: 0px;" id="txtNewUser2" name="txtNewUser2" type="text" value="" />

and a javascript object required error pops up.

What is the reason for this am I missing something here

Waiting for your  reply

Akhilaa

Missing User
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
286 views
Hi there,

how can I create a RadInput NumericBox at the client side using Ajax shortcut $create and attach it to an existing div?

Thanks in advance
Missing User
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
2 answers
230 views
I've just gone over the documentation for the new version of RadInput. Unlike all the other controls in Prometheus suite, RadInput does not use $find to get and instance of the control on the client, nor have the methods been renamed to start with lowercase letters as is the standard in ASP.Net Ajax.

Is this going to change in the future? Were the controls rewritten to use ASP.Net Ajax, or were they just moved to the suite?
Missing User
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
97 views
Hello,

I try to use the radChart in a slidingzone, but the chart shows up at the page where the slidingzone resides.
The chart is also showing in the slidingzone, but completly empty, with no data.
I tried to wrap the chart inside the slidingzone with div's, table's, etc. but this made no difference.
Is there a way to use the chart inside a slidingzone?

Thanks,
Marco
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
1 answer
156 views
in all your documentation, i've found that if i wanted the calendar to show in month form on load, to put

ViewType="MonthView"

however, this doesn't seem to work for me.  in just flipping through all the attributes, i found

SelectedView="MonthView"

i was just wondering what was up with this?  ViewType doesn't seem to work.

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
2 answers
159 views
Hi

I was hoping 
to use the slider control to set a number of lower and upper percentage value limits as part of a site I'm developing. I have a div for each slider and I'm using

function HandleValueChanged (sender, eventArgs)
{

$get("ll1").innerHTML = sender.get_Value();

}

to display value of the slider.

Rather than having a separate function to handle each sliders ValueChange and ClientLoaded event is it possible to pass in the id of the div into the function. I've tried one or two things but just keep getting JavaScript errors.

Like

function HandleValueChanged (sender, eventArgs, sliderDiv)
{

$get(sliderDiv).innerHTML = sender.get_Value();

}

??

Thanks

Nigel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?