Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
234 views
Hi,
I've been trying to understand how to use this property of the scheduler. What I need to do is be able to populate the controls of the AppointmentTemplate programatically. The example provided does everything 'inline'.
My scheduler is not directly linked to a database, but to an ArrayList of custom appointment objects (which contain a whole bunch of extra data). This extra data cannot be used as a resource of the appointment, but its required nonetheless.

<telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" DataKeyField="ID" DataSubjectField="Subject" DataStartField="Start" DataEndField="End" Width="100%"> 
        <AppointmentTemplate> 
              <asp:Image ID="calIcon" runat="server" AlternateText="Icon"/> 
        </AppointmentTemplate> 
</telerik:RadScheduler> 

Is there some sort of event/hook in which I can set the imageUrl dynamically based on certain data of an appointment? I need to have access to the 'parent appointment' to work out what to display for the image.

Thanks
EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Oct 2007
4 answers
245 views
Hi Telerik,

By testing your demos it seems like when right-clicking elements in RadEditor, that 'Set Image Properties', 'Image Map Editor', 'Set Link Properties', 'Set Cell Properties' 'Set Table Properties' etc. still isn't implemented - is this for real?

To add to the missing properties dialogs, my most used module - 'The Properties Inspector' is also missing, which makes it a little hard to set element properties...
 
I was really looking forward to the Q2 release with the new Prometheus version of RadEditor and especially the new Image control to crop, resize etc. images, which i have been wishing for for years. First the Image control was delayed (and not reschedule yet) and then when Q2 came out, the Editor had issues and missing features, so that it was no where near production ready. Now i have waited for the SP1, but still find all these features missing, which is really disappointing to me...

I have been a loyal (small) costumer for a some years, but my subscription is up for renewal soon, and to be honest i'm thinking about not extending, as i feel like the ASP.NET controls (which is the reason i subscribe) isn't getting as much time and dedication as they used too. This might be wrong, which i really hope, because you make the best controls on the web, and i hope you'll tell me that you have some good things coming, so i can't stop myself from renewing my subscription =)

Thanks in advance!

horsted 

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
1 answer
175 views
Hi,

Safari support seems to be somewhat downprioritized (for instance, images cannot easily be selected). How much work are you putting in cross browser support in the upcoming Prometheus release?

Regards,
Sjur
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
5 answers
140 views
How do I get the current monyth of the Scheduler ?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
1 answer
135 views
Hello,

Event when I set the properties of the RadWindow to prevent maximization, the user can still double-click the header to maximize the window.  Is there a way to completely disable maximization of the RadWindow?

Thanks,
Chris
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
3 answers
214 views
I have a rather complicated scenario of having an editor inside a formview inside a master page which is opened in a radWindow.  The editor worked except when trying to open any of the dialogs; it gave the JS eror of "this._container is null or not an object".

In order to hunt down the problem I isolated everything and it appears that the first confirmed culprit is the FormView.  As soon as the editor is placed inside one, the error shows.

I will also submit a bug report.
Wade West
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
5 answers
285 views
Hi,

Whenever I try to use EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" in the new Prometheus version of RadCalendar, I get an ArgumentException thrown stating that :

"The relative virtual path 'fastNavLeft.gif' is not allowed here."

Is there any ways to fix this?

Thanks!
Missing User
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
4 answers
165 views
If I drag an appointment on my calendar to say 11:30pm, and the appointment is 3 hours log, I would expect it to put the appointment at 11:30pm, and show the little arrow at the the bottom of the appointment that when clicked would take me to the next day.  That is how it worked prior the service pack.  Now what happens is that it takes the appointment that is on the schedule BEFORE the one I am moving and puts it at 11:30pm.  Looks like maybe the index is off by 1 in the move logic.
Bloodhound
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
1 answer
73 views
Hi all,
I basically need a way to list appointments differently on a month view. Instead of the giant space consuming block it puts each of the two appoints in, i need inline text so that i can fit many appointments on one day cell.
How would i go about achieving this?

Thanks

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
0 answers
121 views
Please include some kind of security layer for the Prometheus controls. For example, it should be easier to implement role-based security (admin-only edits) using either Forms or Windows authentication. Right now, it's basically roll-your-own security. In order to make sure that only people in the "Admin" group were able to edit, or to disable editing programmatically for people who aren't in the proper group, I would have to write a lot of the same code over and over.

Please build something like this into Prometheus.

Thanks.
Carlo DiCelico
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?