Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
125 views
The client side api is not complete.  Resources are not exposed client side.  I need them to get around this bug...

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-baeatm.aspx
Bloodhound
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Oct 2007
2 answers
154 views
Excellent took this is for MOSS users. Much better then the built in one... I have been playing with this Lite RadEditor, and I have not been able to figure a few things out... Hopefully someone can help.

I really like the feature which strips tags like span, font, etc... But You have to manually do this... Is there anyway to automatically strip these tags when the publish button is hit? I do not want any font tags, or span tags included (when people copy from the web), to be included.

As well, I was wondering is there a way to include some custom JavaScript so that when the Publish button is hit, it will do whatever is in the javascript function?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
2 answers
130 views
Hello,

I switched over from the "regular" version of RadWindow to the Prometheus version today (Q2 SP1) and noticed something about the event order.  It seems that in the regular version, the Closed client side event fires after the Callback client side event.  In the Prometheus version, this seems to be reversed. 

This is not a showstopper, but I had code in my Callback event that needed to run prior to the Close event.  Is this a bug, or can we count on these events now being reversed in the Prometheus version?  If so, I can easily adjust my code and move forward.  I just wanted to avoid making all the adjustments and then find it switched back in a later release.

Thanks,
Chris
Christopher Blickley
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
9 answers
310 views
Laying out an application.  The model consist of a default.aspx page with a dive on the left that contains the rad slider.  Then on this page I have an asp.Panel in which I load all my user controls dynamically.

page can be seen at:
http://n-sv.net/Webapps/test/ProjexUI/

I'm looking to implement Search functionality via a Rad Window on the default page.  I have the search window up and the value going back to the default page.  I was trying to load the projects.ascx control and set properties on a query object.  However, I'm finding the binding is taking place during my loadcontrols method and by the time I set the query values nothing is happening.  (What is suppose to happen is the projex grid should rebind using the values passed in.)

However, not having much luck, I'm wondering if I should reconsider and put the search Rad window on the projects.ascx page and use something like an trigger on the projects control instead of the way I'm doing it now.

To summarize, want to take the contents of the rad window when search is clicked and then pass them to the projects.ascx control which should use them to query the database and find matching records to display in a grid I have on the projects.ascx control?

Any thoughts?
k f
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
5 answers
186 views
I am currently working on moving our company Intranet to the new Prometheus controls and improving/updating it along the way. I am at the initial design phase and I am trying to figure out how to incorporate RadDock into a Master/Content Page situation. As of now I have a master page with 9 different Content zones 3 for the header, 3 for the body and 3 for the footer. Reason I have so many is that I want to be able to make the layout/design changes to the master, but still have the flexibilty to add things where I need them on my Content pages.

How RadDock comes into play is that right now I have a RadDockLayout control on the MasterPage as teh main container. I then have added RadDockZones and RadDocks to the appropriate Content areas on the pages that need them. Everything seems to work appropriatly, except I can't seem to float a RadDock after it has been docked in a zone and I have yet come to the part hwere I will need to save and load layouts. I am wondering if this will be possible since I have the RadDockLayout on my MasterPage. Is this the appropriate place for it? 

Anyhow hope all of this is kind of clear and that you can offer me soem direction. Below is my current MasterPage and my current Default content page. Thanks as always!

 MasterPage
<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.cs" Inherits="MasterPage" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<%@ Register Src="Controls/Search/Search.ascx" TagName="Search" TagPrefix="uc1" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
 
<head runat="server">  
 
<link href="App_Themes/Default/CSS/Style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> 
 
<title>KCDC Intranet</title> 
 
</head> 
 
<body> 
 
<form id="form1" runat="server">  
 
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> 
 
<telerik:RadDockLayout ID="layoutDock" runat="server">  
 
<table id="pageHeader" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">  
 
<tr> 
 
<td class="headerLeft" valign="top">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="HeaderLeftContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
<td class="headerMiddle" valign="top">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="HeaderMiddleContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
<td class="headerRight" valign="top">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="HeaderRightContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
</tr> 
 
</table> 
 
<div id="pageLogo">  
 
<asp:ImageButton ID="btnLogo" runat="server" SkinID="LogoButton" OnClick="btnLogo_Click" 
 
BorderWidth="0px" /> 
 
</div> 
 
<div id="pageTitle">  
 
<asp:Label ID="labelTitle" runat="server" Text="" /> 
 
</div> 
 
<div> 
 
<uc1:Search ID="Search1" runat="server" /> 
 
</div> 
 
<table id="pageBody" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">  
 
<tr> 
 
<td class="pageLeftColumn">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="LeftColumnContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
<td class="pageRightColumn">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="RightColumnContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
</tr> 
 
<tr> 
 
<td colspan="2">  
 
<table id="pageFooter" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">  
 
<tr> 
 
<td class="pageFooterLeft">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="FooterLeftContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
<asp:ImageButton ID="imgXHTML" runat="server" SkinID="XHTMLButton" OnClick="imgXHTML_Click" /> 
 
<asp:ImageButton ID="imgCSS" runat="server" SkinID="CSSButton" OnClick="imgXHTML_Click" /> 
 
</td> 
 
<td class="pageFooterMiddle">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="FooterMiddleContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
<td class="pageFooterRight">  
 
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="FooterRightContent" runat="server">  
 
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
 
</td> 
 
</tr> 
 
</table> 
 
</td> 
 
</tr> 
 
</table> 
 
</telerik:RadDockLayout> 
 
</form> 
 
</body> 
 
</html> 
 

Default Page

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" 
    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title="Home Page" %> 
 
<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/MasterPage.master" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeaderLeftContent" runat="Server">  
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeaderMiddleContent" runat="Server">  
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeaderRightContent" runat="Server">  
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content4" ContentPlaceHolderID="LeftColumnContent" runat="Server">  
    <telerik:RadDockZone ID="dockZoneLeft" runat="server" Width="99%" MinHeight="400px" 
        CssClass="dockZoneLeftColumn" HighlightedCssClass="dockZoneLeftColumnHighlight" 
        Orientation="Vertical" BorderStyle="None">      
    <telerik:RadDock ID="dockKCDCNews" runat="server" Width="99%" Title="KCDC News" CssClass="dockKCDCNews" 
        DockMode="Default">  
        <ContentTemplate> 
            News Window  
        </ContentTemplate> 
    </telerik:RadDock> 
    </telerik:RadDockZone> 
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content5" ContentPlaceHolderID="RightColumnContent" runat="Server">  
    <telerik:RadDockZone ID="dockZoneRight" runat="server" Width="75%" MinHeight="400px" 
        CssClass="dockZoneRightColumn" HighlightedCssClass="dockZoneRightColumnHighlight" 
        Orientation="Horizontal" BorderStyle="None">  
    <telerik:RadDock ID="dockWeather" runat="server" Width="99%" CssClass="dockWeather" 
        Title="Weather Forecast" DockMode="Default">  
        <ContentTemplate> 
            Weather Window  
        </ContentTemplate> 
    </telerik:RadDock> 
    </telerik:RadDockZone> 
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content6" ContentPlaceHolderID="FooterLeftContent" runat="Server">  
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content7" ContentPlaceHolderID="FooterMiddleContent" runat="Server">  
</asp:Content> 
<asp:Content ID="Content8" ContentPlaceHolderID="FooterRightContent" runat="Server">  
</asp:Content> 
 
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
1 answer
204 views
I have an application that uses a scheduler control to display appointments.  If the user want's more detail they can click an appointment and a tooltip displays using a RadTooltipManager.  If they then want to edit the appointment they can click a LinkButton control within the tooltip to display a new editing section on the screen, in a seperate update panel than the one containing the scheduler and tooltip manager.  The control structure is shown below.

UpdatePanel
  - RadScheduler
  - RadTooltipManager
UpdatePanel
  - CustomEditForm

This all works well until I edit a single appointment.  After the edit is complete, only one more tooltip will work.  After the edit I can click an appointment and receive the OnAjaxUpdate event.  I then click a second appointment and don't get an OnAjaxUpdate event.  I've verified that on the second appointment the async postback does occur.

I trapped the http request to see what was different and noticed that the ClientState field in the RadTooltipManager was empty on the second request.  This only happens after the edit panel has been opened.

I've tried to reproduce this in a simple scenario and have so far been unsuccesful.  Has anyone run into a similar situation or have any suggestions as to how the ClientState value is being cleared?

Thanks,
Chris
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
4 answers
223 views

I have a user control, that if I just put the rad ajax manager on it and disable it on the parent page, the page posts back fully (instead of ajax), and if I put the ajax manager on the page and the proxy (and a script proxy) on the user control, then it doesn't do anything at all.

Here's the basic layout of the page:

 

<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server"/>  
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="ram" runat="server">  
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rcMonth">  
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rcPlanning" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 
 
<asp:label runat="server" ID="lblMonth" AssociatedControlID="rcMonth">Month: </asp:label><br /> 
<radC:RadComboBox ID="rcMonth" runat="server" OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcMonth_SelectedIndexChanged" AutoPostBack="true">  
    <Items> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="1" Text="January" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="2" Text="February" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="3" Text="March" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="4" Text="April" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="5" Text="May" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="6" Text="June" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="7" Text="July" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="8" Text="August" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="9" Text="September" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="10" Text="October" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="11" Text="November" /> 
        <radC:RadComboBoxItem Value="12" Text="December" /> 
    </Items> 
</radC:RadComboBox> 
 
<telerik:RadCalendar ID="rcPlanning" runat="server" Font-Names="Arial, Verdana, Tahoma" 
    ForeColor="Black" Style="border-color: #ececec" MonthLayout="Layout_7columns_x_6rows" Width="950px" Height="600px" PresentationType="Preview" DayStyle-BorderStyle="solid" DayStyle-BorderWidth="1" WeekendDayStyle-BorderWidth="1" WeekendDayStyle-BorderStyle="Solid" WeekendDayStyle-BorderColor="black" DayStyle-BorderColor="black" > 
</telerik:RadCalendar> 
 

The combo box has an server side event that should fire on the ajax request and update the calendar. (or at least this is my understanding)

If I do this with an ajax panel with both inside it, everything works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Missing User
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
10 answers
361 views
Hi Guys

I was using the Q2 without service pack, and I just upgraded to SP1.

Now I am getting

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.918.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) 

error.

I don't have Telerik.Web.UI in my GAC, because I never installed them.

I just use the dll rather than installing. I was working before, but now it stopped working. As you can see it is trying to access version 918, not 1010.

I have done every thing that I can think of. How do I rectify this? :-)

Cheers
Shane
Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
1 answer
118 views
Is there a method for having the scheduler default to a Month view?
EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
1 answer
137 views
Hey,

I've been trying to get the parent to refresh on a window close.  The javascript function does not seem to be firing when I close the window, even those I have the following code:

Since there is little documentation, I used the code examples from the Radwindow for ASP.NET.

function OnClientClose(oWnd)  
            {  
                var oWnd = GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow;     
                oWnd.location.href = oWnd.location.href;   
            } 


Next, I'm using the OnClientClose event on the Window:

   <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="PopupManager" runat="server" Height="500px" Width="800px">  
            <Windows> 
                <telerik:RadWindow ID="Popup" runat="server" Style="display: none;" Behavior="Default" 
                    OnClientClose="OnClientClose" Height="600px" IntialBehavior="None" Width="800px">  
                </telerik:RadWindow> 
            </Windows> 
        </telerik:RadWindowManager> 

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?  I must admit, I'm not well versed in the previous version of the Radwindow to know if I'm making a mistake of if it is a bug.

Thanks!
Bob


Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Oct 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?