Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
147 views
Hi team!

I have a RadToolTip in my site web and within of this an RadAjaxPanel.

If the RadAjaxPanel have a property EnableAjax = True at the first time RadToolTip show, but when RadAjaxPanel do postback the RadToolTip don't shown. If I checked EnableAjax = false in RadAjaxPanel it show always.

What happening?

Best regards,
Francesc Jaumot
http://fjaumot.wordpress.com

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
2 answers
141 views
I'm interested in having a small button on all Scheduler timeslots that a user can click (ie New Appt) instead of requiring a double-click on the timeslot.  Is that possible?



Thanks
Mark
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
10 answers
165 views
I have a form that uses the editor to post comments on the page. It is not at the top of the page and there are many items on the page. If I am scrolled down, the image/other dialogs do not position in the center of the screen - they are positioned near the top and are only partially visible.

I attempted a demo app but it worked fine, so I presume it has something to do with the complex form it's on (it uses master pages and there are many tables/other elements).

I also switched back to the regular editor and the dialogs work OK.

Are there any known issues with the positions?
Thanks
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
0 answers
179 views
 Hi All
I am new to the forum
Can anyone help me finding out solution for the error...........

System.ArgumentNullException: No message was deserialized prior to calling the DispatchChannelSink.
Parameter name: requestMsg
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.DispatchChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

I found it while opening the Sharepoint Products and Technologies  Configuration Wizard or
Sharepoint 3.0 Central Administration windows
Please help me sort out it........
purni
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Nov 2007
1 answer
128 views
Can Prometheus RadAjaxManager be used to Update classic web.parts from 2.0 .Net framework . Or it is breaking some logic of a web parts controls.

WBR
Ilya
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
1 answer
103 views
I tried to copy the example in LiveDemo in my VS2008 - Chart/Examples/DataBinding/XML/DefaultCS.aspx

I got error that telerik:ChartSeries is nunknowned servertag.

Any suggestion what can be the problem?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
3 answers
172 views
Hi there,
2 questions for you all:
1. Getting Skins to work in an existing project
I have an existing project that is using the RadControls for ASP.NET and I'm starting to explore the Prometheus components, specifically the Tooltip and adding it to my existing project.  I added the components to the bin folder and also added the Skins folder to the project but tooltip is not successfully loading the skins.  The tool tip is displaying just no skin.  I have it set up to display a tooltip over the top of an img in a photo gallery.  Do I need to place the Skins folder somewhere special within my existing project?

2. Advice on how to accomplish something like SmugMug
The application I'm learning asp.net and building at the same time is an event photography application.  When a user hovers over an image I'd like to animate a popup menu over the top corner of the image allowing them to add or remove the image from their favorites or add the image to their shopping cart.  I was looking to Tooltip to accomplish this but thought maybe there is a better approach.  Smugmug does this with a cool dynamic slider that slides onto the photo from the edge.

I'm working on learning javascript, Telerik and the Ajax components but it's going slow and my site remains in the dark ages!  ;-)

Thanks for your input!
Justin
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
4 answers
981 views

Hello,

I'm trying to use the prometheus RadAjaxManager, but i have the follwing error:
"The control with ID 'RadAjaxManager1' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it. "

i'm using this code :

<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div>          
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" EnableAJAX="true">  
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px" 
            Width="75px">  
            <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Ok" onclick="Button1_Click" /> 
        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label" Visible="false"></asp:Label> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 


 so, i don't understand why i have this error.
I'm using RadControls_Prometheus_2007_2_1107, visual studio 2008 beta 2, and dotnet 3.5 beta 2.

o.courtois
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
4 answers
183 views
We are currently evaluating Telerik asp.net controls and need some clarification with web farm support. To my understanding Prometheus is built on Asp.net Ajax. We have had issues with gettig Asp.net Ajax controls to run on our web farm due to issues with the machine key and viewstate we have tried all recommended solutions without success but are using controls built with prototype and jquery ajax. Will this be an issue with the Teleik Prometheus controls and/or Asp.net controls?

Thanks
UT_DEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
5 answers
174 views
Consider the code below. I hava a link button and a panel below it. I instruct RadAjaxManager to use link button as a source and panel as a target of ajax postback. So far so good. But if I click in button "Postback" which resides inside the panel, I get an ajaxified postback, too - note, the only ajax linke is between link button and panel, no other instructions exist. Is this by design?
Furhter notes: I have a similary structured (big) project and it works like described above plus one problem: whenever I define a link from panel to (same) panel I get an object not set exception ( see my previous post).

<div>

<asp:ScriptManager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server">Ajax to bottom panel</asp:LinkButton>

<asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Text="No Ajax, just postback" />

<asp:Panel

ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="398px" BackColor="#E0E0E0">

Bottom panel<br />

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Postback" OnClick="Button1_Click" />

<asp:TextBox ID="ASPxLabel1"

runat="server" Text="ASPxLabel">

</asp:TextBox>

</asp:Panel>

<asp:TextBox ID="ASPxLabel2"

runat="server" Text="ASPxLabel">

</asp:TextBox>

</div>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" DefaultLoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="LinkButton1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel1" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Width="75px" Height="75px">

<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Skins/Default/Ajax/loading1.gif" />

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

UT_DEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Nov 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?