Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
256 views

Good day,

Is there a way to change the height of a day cell in a monthview? I can change the width of the scheduler without any problems, the width of the days change accordingly. However, if i change the height of the radscheduler, the it goes in a scrolling mode. The day cells always have the same height, in the monthview

Thank you!

Rory
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
4 answers
96 views
Hi there,

I'm using RADEditor for my rich text controls on SharePoint Tasks.  I wrote a custom feature that checks the value of a field, and if it doesn't meet the criteria, it displays an error message and tells them to hit the Back button on their browser to make corrections to the Task.

When using RADEditor and the user puts some text into a RADEditor field, this text is gone when the user presses the back button.  If I disable the RADEditor feature and just use the default SharePoint edit fields, the text is preserved.

Is there a setting to allow RADEditor text fields to keep data on back button presses?

Thanks!
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
1 answer
162 views
I have an issue with using The Prometheus RadSplitter control. The issue I have is adding another Telerik server control within a RadPane. When I scroll the content, the Telerik server control floats in a fixed position on the web page when scrolling is enable for the user to view all the content on the web page. I attempted to fixed the Telerik server control, in this case, a RadCalendar control in a html table to fix the controls location; the method did not work. I also placed other Telerik server control on the web page and I obtain the same results as before. Therefore, how does one implement multiple telerik server controls within a RadPane when a Telerik RadSplitter control is used.

Also, please note, I do not have the issue when I use Microsoft Server controls.

Thus, has anyone obtain the same results. If so, how did you solve the issue.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
1 answer
235 views
RadScheduler's UI doesn't get updated accordingly when we change the SelectedDate / SelectedView property through code (at runtime). I would like to know how I can  refresh the UI dynamically to display the content as on the date that had been set using the SelectedDate property.

Awaiting response,

Thanks in advance,
Sai
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
5 answers
233 views
I am trying to set up a CompareValidator against the RadDatePicker because the MinDate setting does not prevent a user typing in a date that is below that date. The control does provide a visual indication that the date entered is not in the correct range.

I am using the ValueToCompare property on the CompareValidator to perform this validation but it does not work. The declaration I'm using is :
<asp:ValidationSummary ID="validationSummary" runat="server" /> 
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> 
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpControl" MinDate="1900-01-01" runat="server" /> 
<asp:CompareValidator ID="dateValidator"   
    ControlToValidate="rdpControl"   
    Display="Dynamic"   
    ErrorMessage="Failed"   
    Type="Date"   
    Operator="GreaterThanEqual" 
    ValueToCompare="1900-01-01" 
    runat="server" /> 
<asp:Button ID="btnPostback" Text="Validate" runat="server" /> 

Should this work, or is there a known issue ? I am using Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 and Prometheus v1107.

Regards, Nick
GrievousAngel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
4 answers
149 views
I am using the radprompt call of RadWindow (11/7/2007 build) to obtain a text entry from a user. The function I pass into radprompt then looks at the arg value and saves the user's entry into a hidden field.

Under a normal scenario, this works fine. However, in this scenario:

1. User clicks on the link that causes the radprompt to be called
2. User clicks the "Cancel" button in the prompt
3. User clicks the link again to cause the radprompt to be called
4. User enters a value in the prompt field and hits "OK"

The radprompt window does call the function specified, but the "arg" value is an empty string, and not what the user entered. If you repeat steps 3 & 4, it then works fine and the arg contains the user's entry. It appears that the use of cancel and then OK on the next round somehow prevents the prompt value to be passed through.

Any ideas? Thanks.

don
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
1 answer
174 views
I have an instance where the page I'm on displays two RadWindows from different UserControls.  There is an interesting behavior that basically makes the one i click on have a transparency of 100 while the 'inactive' one sets its transparency to 10 or 20.  These RadWindows dont exist in the same RadWindow Manager.  Is there a property of RadWindow I'm missing to tell it to keep all windows transparency to 100 no matter what is opened?

J
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
2 answers
168 views
I'm using the LoadOnDemand example of tooltip and dynamically loading the usercontrol to show product details (just like the example).

The only difference is my RadToolTipManager is also in another user control.

When I change the quantity dropdown to "5" it resets to 1 and the quantity doesn't update on the tooltip. I assume because the control is getting reloaded on postback. I've looked into many solutions, but I cannot seem to get it.

Any suggestions?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Nov 2007
2 answers
77 views
Hi,

We are in the process of creating a proof-of-concept site for our business that uses a portal style to present information relevant to a specific customer.  The intent is to be similar to Pageflakes.com, in that it will give employees the ability to pick and choose the customer widgets that they need.

We are testing with the Prometheus RadDock, and have most of what we need working.  We can add and remove docks dynamically and move them around.

The place I'm stuck on is having a custom Edit button at the top of the dock that will control the collpased property of the collapsable panel that is inside of the user control in the dock.

Could someone give me some specific help in how I can accomplish this?  This looks like the last hurdle in determining whether or not we will purchase Prometheus.

Thanks very much,

Jim
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Nov 2007
2 answers
179 views
I have a fairly simple page that I display in a radWindow. The page consists of 5 sliders that are initialized (different preset values) on page load in code behind. Most of the time the sliders initialize correctly. Once in awhile the page loads and the code behind properly sets the slider values, but when the sliders display, they are all positioned to the far left and act like they are disabled. I can not slide them. If I refresh the page, they will then display properly.
Has anyone else seen this behavior and know how to fix it?
Thanks!
Brian Doner
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Nov 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?