Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
176 views
I've been looking for a setting to remove that 1 inch block of space left on the bottom of the editor but the only way appears to be use a tools.xml file.  Is there a way in code or in when using the Tools tag in design mode?  Also, when using the Tools tag I haven't found a way to place the toolbars along the bottom of the edit area like you could with the tools.xml file (i.e. dockingZone="Bottom").

Thanks.
arich
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
1 answer
112 views
Hi,
I am starting a project with RadEditor and would like to try the Prometheus version, but it doesn't seem to be included in the version in my client.net. Can this be true? I will try the trial version later today (2.1107).

I have installed the above version and there are anumber of controls in my toolbox in Visual Studio, just not Editor. Also when I manually add the Telerik.Web.UI.dll makes no difference to intellisense.

regards,
Mark Thomas.

Mark Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
1 answer
121 views
I want to set my scheduler to open by default to MonthView, then when a user clicks (or double-clicks, doesn't matter) a day the scheduler will switch to DayView displaying the day clicked on in MonthView.  How can I do this?

I've worked around by adding a separate calendar control similar to the Black Pearl demo, but it would be nice to have this functionality all within the scheduler.

thanks
Mark
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
1 answer
120 views
I'm setting up a scheduler where 10 appointments can be added for a given timeslot.  This much works by default, but how can I indicate to the users when a timeslot is maxed out and no more insertions are possible? 

My first thought is to check each timeslot at databinding, then set a cssstyle on that row, but something tells me it's not possible to loop through each timeslot. 

Should be easy to check at inserting then cancel the event, but I want an indicator for users so they don't waste time trying slots randomly to find one that allows insertion.

Any thoughts as to how I might pull this off?
Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
1 answer
110 views
Hello:

I followed the instructions, and the schedule will not display properly
it will only show the header (today's date), the 'all day' tab, and the footer (show 24 hours).

day times will not show.  it will during VS design mode, not now when i run it.

any suggestions?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
1 answer
160 views
Hi guys,

With the new Prometheus, I'm hoping that when customers edit their pages, the editor doesn't produce a lot of suporfulous <span> tags. It'd be great to keep the output as clean as possible.

In your demo section, I double clicked on 1 word so it highlighted. I then added a foreground and background color to that word in one go. This is the HTML that was produced:

<span style="COLOR: #663333; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff6666">successor</span>

I then double clicked a 2nd word and added underline and foreground color to the word, again at the same time. This is the HTML that was produced:

<span style="COLOR: #ff6666"><span style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline">tight</span></span>

In the latter case, I'm wondering why there are 2 span elements produced? Can it not behave like the first case where style attributes are added together to a single <span> element?

Look forward to your reply.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2007
6 answers
207 views
Hi,

I am trying to use radwindow control in a moss layout application. I deployed the dll to the gac, and copied the radcontrols folder to the wpresouces folder as describled in the whitepaper provide by Telerik. However, I got an error message saying that the template files for the radwindow control cann't be find. But I can browser to the virtual folder via iis manager.
also I use rad treeview and radgrid. Those 2 controls work fine.

Any anybody has any pointers on this?

Thanks,

Tony
Richard Finn
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2007
3 answers
173 views
I have a specific set of classes that I want to show in the AppClass dropdown for the end users.  With the ASP.NET version I would just use CssFiles="~/StyleSheet.css" and I would only see those styles.  However, the best example I've found to for the new editor is telerik:EditorCssFile Value="~/StyleSheet.css".  However, when I do this I still get a couple strange styles on the top of the list (Clear Class, RadEWrongWord, RadEDomMouseOver).  Any idea why those 3 are showing up.  Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2007
3 answers
202 views
I made a a simple docking zone without using css, but there is always an scroll bar on the button of them page, would someone please explain to me why that is? and how do I remove the scroll bar on the buttom?

I've tried using %, px, on all combinations of the table as well as the docking zone and docks, but the scroll on the docking zone would not leave no matter what.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Nyceane/test.jpg
so what do I have to do to remove the scroll bar under the docking zone?

Peter

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MyMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title="Untitled Page" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
 
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server"> 
    <telerik:RadDockLayout ID="RadDockLayout1" runat="server"> 
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="12" style="width: 100%; height: 116%"> 
        <tr> 
            <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 400px; height: 342px;"> 
                <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="300px"  FitDocks="true"  Orientation="Vertical" > 
                    <telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock1" runat="server" Width="100%"> 
                    <ContentTemplate> 
                    Test Test, this is just testing 
                    </ContentTemplate> 
                    </telerik:RadDock> 
                </telerik:RadDockZone> 
            </td> 
            <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 400px; height: 342px;"> 
                <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone2" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="95%" > 
   
                </telerik:RadDockZone> 
            </td> 
            <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 446px; height: 342px;"> 
                <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone3" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="95%"> 
 
                </telerik:RadDockZone> 
            </td> 
        </tr> 
    </table> 
    </telerik:RadDockLayout> 
     
</asp:Content> 
 
 
Nyceane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Nov 2007
1 answer
107 views
I noticed a small "gotcha" today with ListToolsFile.xml.  I've written some C# code to generate XML from a SharePoint list to drive the Custom Links tool dropdown contents (the list of links within the<links> elements).  I had inadvertently spelled "link" with a capital "L" in the XML that I was generating.  With the capital "L", links within a folder (or group in Custom Links) weren't being displayed.  Changing the "L" to an "l" solved the problem.

See my blog post for more details or if you are unfamiliar with ListToolsFile.XML.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?