Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
177 views
me again!!

I read that we should use 'ToUniversalTime()' for each appointment start/end time. When I don't use that the scheduler displays appointment at the correct time. But when I use the ToUT() then the appointments are displayed for different times.

Funny thing is the client side get_appointment().Start returns correct time when ToUT() is used but returns different time when its not used.

Example,
there is An appointment at 9 o'clock in DB. bind it to Scheduler w/o ToUT(). It displays appointment at 9. check get_appointment().Start() - it displays 4 AM.

Now, use ToUT(). the appointment is displayed at 2 PM. the get_appointment().Start returns 9 AM.

How do I get everything in sync? I am not using TimezoneOffset property - which I read I don't have to.

-Piyush


Piyush Bhatt
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 28 Feb 2008
2 answers
125 views
I would like to do something similiar to your scheduler demo on 'First Look'. However, I would like to create my own custom form and have 2 panels: one for the scheduler and one, when they double-click, to hide the scheduler and show the custom form (functions same as demo with panels). How do I trap the double-click on the panel server side so i can enable/disable my panels?

Thanks,
Susan

Susan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
2 answers
120 views
hi there,
i'm using the treeview control and working within a confined space of 250pixels width. so i want to show a horizontal scrollbar when the item descriptions are longer than the viewable area but i dont ever want a vertical scrollbar, i just want it to expand down the page.

all is going well using:

style

="overflow-y:hidden;"



(which works in both IE and Firefox). there is just one annoying little glitch. in IE, the horizontal scrollbar hides the last item in the treeview whilst, in Firefox, it works perfectly?

any ideas? let me know if you need screenshots and i will open a support ticket.

full treeview code follows:

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlHelp"

DataValueField="edc_keyval" DataTextField="edc_title" DataFieldID="edc_keyval"

DataFieldParentID="edc_parent_keyval" width="230px"

style="overflow-y:hidden;"

OnClientContextMenuItemClicked="onClientContextMenuItemClicked"

OnClientContextMenuShowing="onClientContextMenuShowing">

<contextmenus>

<telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu ID="ROOT" runat="server" Skin="Outlook">

<Items>

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="View This Help File" ImageUrl="~/IMG/ICO/view.gif"

Value="VIEW" />

</Items>

</telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu>

</contextmenus>

</telerik:RadTreeView>

rdochert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
166 views
Hi, 

I woulld like to add a printer icon to the titlebar.  How do I add a custom icon to the titlebar?

- Kevin
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
9 answers
821 views
Hi

I've got 2 raddatepickers in templatecolumns in a radgrid.

How do I update the Min/Max dates on one of these datepickers when a date is selected in the other datepicker?

Thanks

Richard
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
2 answers
171 views
I am trying to use the CLIENT ID for the tooltip.

In AppointmentCreated event, I see that e.Appointment.ID value is correct appointment id value, but the client id is like:

ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadScheduler1_2_0
ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadScheduler1_3_0

I thought the last _0 is supposed to be the appointment id - isn't that true? How do I get the Client ID reflect the appointment id?

Piyush Bhatt
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
189 views
Hi

I've got 3 grids on a page and on the load of the page I can highlight the first row of each grid using the following code.  I'll mention here that the Leave and Cost grid both relate to the ID of the Employees grid.


'select the first row in every page if no row selected

Protected Sub radgridEmployees_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles radgridEmployees.PreRender

If radgridEmployees.SelectedIndexes.Count = 0 Then

If radgridEmployees.Items.Count > 0 Then

radgridEmployees.SelectedIndexes.Add(0)

radgridEmployee_Costs.DataBind()

If radgridEmployee_Costs.Items.Count > 0 Then

radgridEmployee_Costs.SelectedIndexes.Add(0)

End If

radgridEmployee_Leave.DataBind()

If radgridEmployee_Leave.Items.Count > 0 Then

radgridEmployee_Leave.SelectedIndexes.Add(0)

End If

End If

End If

End Sub

I can however get the 1st row of the Leave and Costs grids to highlight when I click on a different row in the Employees grid.

What am I missing?  I've tried to use the above code (without the DataBind's) in a number of events but cant seem to get it to work.  Enable Client Side Row Selection is enabled for all the grids.

Thanks

Richard

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
3 answers
217 views
Hi,

Can you suggest what is the best way to completely remove all javascript?  I know I can set allowScripts=false.  However, the following example doesn't got removed.
<a href="javascript:doSomething();">Click here</a>

Chris
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
5 answers
329 views
Using the latest version of RadGrid Prometheus and I have the following settings applied to my export.

'Make all columns visible to the export 
        RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel() 
 
        'setup properties for the data export 
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = True 
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = True 
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = True 
        'Set default file name of export file 
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.FileName = "type your file name here" 
 

The export turns out well except for the fact that something is plugging in 2 empty columns in front of all my exported data. Is this a known bug of some kind and if so is there a workaround?

I do have 2 columns that have Display="false" in their properties...is it linked to this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
139 views
I am trying to enable Telerik controls on MOSS website.

1- I have .Net 3.5 installed
2- I have configured the site as per MOSS_Whitepaper
3- I have created javascript files refering to MicrosoftAjax.js

But when I try to render the page on IE, the javascript functions are not recognized.

Thanks
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?