Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
87 views
Hi!
I wonder how to buy the schedular-control, is it even possible yet?

When will it be released if it´s not yet possible to buy it?

Best Regards
Kristian
Lin
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
127 views
I am using the latest Prometheus controls with Visual Studio 2008. My web pages work fine, but design mode fails to show any of the Telerik Prometeus controls. All I get are blocks showing the error below. I am targeting framework 2. What can I do to see my web site in design view?

Error Creating Control - RadScheduler1
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
0 answers
110 views
how can I use a marked zone for a particular chartseriesitem? I mean I dont want the marked zone to occupy entire width of the plot area. rather I want it to be used as a benchmark for a particular bar in my bar chart. How can I achive this?
Amey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
191 views

Hi,

I have upgraded my MOSS RadEditor to latest version.
I downloaded the "RadEditor_MOSS_4_5_0_dev.zip" from the Client.net area.

I retracted the old solution and deployed the new WSP package.
Now that I try to run my custom command I get this error message:
Could not find command CSWIKITOC. Please update your command list.

My listtoolsfile.xml has this tool configured in the <Tools> section:

<tool name="CSWIKITOC" ShowIcon="false" ShowText="true"/>


My javascript, which is loaded on the page, has the following function:

RadEditorCommandList["CSWIKITOC"] = function(commandName, editor, oTool)
{
   editor.PasteHtml('<div id="CS_WIKITOC">TOC will go here</div>');
}

This was all working before the upgrade.
Any idea what might cause this?

Also, I know I'm running the full featured editor because the Ajax spell checking is working in the editor.

Best Regards,
Rickard Lofberg

RickardLofberg
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
3 answers
240 views
hi,
i am working on bar chart and pie chart and am using the "Black" skin.

here is the problem
(1) the legend for the pie chart represents the coloration of the actual chart, whereas the legend of the bar chart shows a different color

(2) i would like to change the font color of the legend and the values on the chart from the default color(light gray) to white

here is the link to my web page
http://64.239.149.189:81/listing_stats.aspx

also, here is the code that am using, any help would be greatly appreciated.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="listing_stats.aspx.cs" Inherits="listing_stats" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="rad" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="rad" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" Assembly="Telerik.Charting" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Listing Statistics</title> 
</head> 
<body style="margin:0px;padding:0px;background-color:Black;text-align:center;">  
    <form style="margin:0px;padding:0px;" id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" > 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
        <rad:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server" SkinsOverrideStyles="false" Skin="Black" > 
            <PlotArea> 
                <XAxis MaxValue="5" MinValue="1" Step="1">  
                </XAxis> 
                <YAxis MaxValue="100" Step="5">  
                </YAxis> 
                <YAxis2 MaxValue="100" MinValue="1" Step="1">  
                </YAxis2> 
            </PlotArea> 
            <ChartTitle> 
                <TextBlock Text="Clicks for 123 Main Street">  
                </TextBlock> 
            </ChartTitle>                                                                              
            <Series> 
                <rad:ChartSeries Name="Series 1" Type="Pie" > 
                    <Appearance LegendDisplayMode="ItemLabels">  
                        <FillStyle MainColor="Blue" SecondColor="Red">  
                        </FillStyle> 
                    </Appearance> 
                    <Items> 
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="72" Name="C21">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>                                                                                           
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem>   
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="30" Name="MyWeb">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Gray" SecondColor="Red">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>                                                                                           
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem>                                             
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="54" Name="Google">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Green" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>   
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="31" Name="Trulia">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Blue" SecondColor="Gray">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>   
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="25" Name="Yahoo">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="pink" SecondColor="magenta">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>                                                                                           
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                    </Items> 
                </rad:ChartSeries> 
            </Series> 
        </rad:RadChart>          
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
            <rad:RadChart ID="RadChart4" runat="server" skin="Black">  
                <PlotArea> 
                    <YAxis MaxValue="300" Step="10">  
                    </YAxis> 
                    <XAxis AutoScale="False" DataLabelsColumn="Month" MaxValue="0" Step="1">  
                        <Items> 
                            <rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                                <textblock text="November"></textblock> 
                            </rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                            <rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                                <textblock text="December"></textblock> 
                            </rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                            <rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                                <textblock text="January"></textblock> 
                            </rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                            <rad:ChartAxisItem> 
                                <textblock text="February"></textblock> 
                            </rad:ChartAxisItem>                                      
                        </Items> 
                    </XAxis> 
                </PlotArea> 
                <ChartTitle> 
                    <TextBlock Text="Views vs Clicks vs Leads">  
                    </TextBlock> 
                </ChartTitle> 
                <Appearance> 
                </Appearance> 
                <Series> 
                    <rad:ChartSeries Name="Views">  
                        <Items> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="125" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                        
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="114" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                        
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="97" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                        
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="143" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                        
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        </Items>                                  
                    </rad:ChartSeries> 
                    <rad:ChartSeries Name="Clicks">  
                        <Items> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="79" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Green">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="43" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Green">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="71" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Green">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="98" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Green">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        </Items>                              
                    </rad:ChartSeries> 
                    <rad:ChartSeries Name="Leads">  
                        <Items> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="13" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="7" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="19" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="14" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red">  
                                    </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                                </Appearance>                                      
                            </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        </Items>                              
                    </rad:ChartSeries> 
                </Series> 
            </rad:RadChart>          
        </td> 
    </tr> 
</table>      
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
5 answers
163 views
Hi

When using a menu or context menu with the Vista skin, the separator is not displayed. Is this a bug in the skin or as designed. If the skin is designed to hide the separator, how can you change the skin to display the separator?

Thank you
Gavin
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
130 views
I found a Telerik KB article that achieves the same thing I'm trying to do -- Use a RadEditor in the EditFormTemplate. 

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-tae-b454T-cbb.aspx

However, in the Prometheus release, the Html attribute has been replace with the Content attribute. How can I bind my database values to the RadEditor's Content attribute? 

Pre-Prometheus we simply used Html='<%# Bind("DbColumn") %>'

I've tried the following and it does not work:  

<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1"
ToolsFile="~/xml/BasicTools.xml">
<Content>
<%# Bind("dbColumn") %>
</Content>
</telerik:RadEditor>


What is the correct implementation?

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
148 views

We tried to upgrade the Prometheus RadControls to the new version released this week and now we get this error on all the instances of RadGrid and the project will not build.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 

It seems there is some kind of error within the ASP.NET AJAX that Microsoft released a fix for, but this fix does not work for us:

Could not load file or assembly System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0

Is it possible there is some kind of error within the new RadControls version that is pointing to the 3.5 version of .NET and not 2.0?

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
72 views
My intention is to save the following information in a session variable so that i can set them when i return to the page
  • Current Sort
  • Current Sort Direction
  • Current Page
  • Current Page Size
How do i retrieve this information from the grid when using the NeedDataSouce eventhandler?

How can I set the initial sort so that the arrow icon shows up correctly?
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
6 answers
347 views
Hi

I am using C#, ASP.NET 3.5, Visual Studio 2008 and Prometheus Q3 SP1.

I need to add a HTML message to my footer in my RadGrid.

I tried the following:

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Item.ItemType == GridItemType.Footer)
    {
        GridFooterItem footer = e.Item as GridFooterItem;

        footer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("Hello World!"));
    }
}

... but I get the following error:

'TableRow' cannot have children of type 'LiteralControl'.


Basically what I'm trying to achieve is a custom HTML message just above the Page Index row.


Kind regards

Mark Eaton

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?