Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
138 views
Hello,

I have rowIndex got from ItemDataBound and I wanna get item object, not only dataitem but also GridGroupHeaderItem, from javascript function. How can I achieve that?

Cheers,
Elton
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
2 answers
97 views
When you highlight some text and use the document manager to create the link the text is replaced by the name of the document you are linking to.

In the link manager you are shown, and can amend, the link text.  How can a user do this with the document manager?

Thanks
Pete Cleary
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
3 answers
108 views
Hello,
I have to do an application similar to this:
http://dnn.mandeeps.com/Modules/LiveContent/ElementPicture/tabid/125/Default.aspx

Is it possible to do it using Prometheus?

Thanks in advance

Luca
Italy
luca bongioanni
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
339 views
All,

I'm putting a prometheus radGrid into a dynamically created User Control.  The containing table is set to table-layout:fixed, and I have static headers and scrolling enabled.  Now, what I'd like is for the height of the radGrid to fill up the User Control, which can be Dynamically sized (not resized) from database settings.  However, it currently appears that the radGrid is fixed as some specific height.  I'm using the Vista skin as a starting part.  If I set the .RadGrid_Vista to height:100%, all I can see is the headers.  If I set the grid to the height of the UserControl, I lose the paging section.

Any ideas?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
2 answers
177 views
Hi,

This is probably a very simple problem but I just cannot find the answer.  I have a series of splitters and panes defined as follows:

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="BannerSplitter" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%">  
    <telerik:RadPane ID="BannerPane" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" Height="30px" Scrolling="None" Width="100px">  
        Banner Pane  
    </telerik:RadPane> 
    <telerik:RadPane ID="OuterContentPane" runat="server" Scrolling="None" BorderWidth="0">  
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="EntityPaneSplitter" runat="server" Orientation="Vertical" BorderWidth="0">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="EntityPane" runat="server" Height="100%" 
                Width="280px" MinWidth="280" Scrolling="None">  
                Left Pane  
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="MainPaneSplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="Both" /> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="MainPane" runat="server" Scrolling="None">  
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="MainPaneSplitter" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" BorderWidth="0">  
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="SelectorPane" runat="server" Height="30px" Width="100%" Scrolling="None" BorderWidth="0" /> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="ContentPane" runat="server"/>  
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="BottomPane" runat="server" Height="22" Scrolling="None" /> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </telerik:RadPane> 
</telerik:RadSplitter> 

In a JavaScript function which is executed from within the page which the above markup resides, I am attempting to find the pane "ContentPane" so that I can load a page into it depending upon the user selection.

Try as I might to find it using the recommended syntax of $find("ContentPane"), I just cannot find this or any other panes on the page - I always get null back.

How can I access the pane from within the page in which it is defined?

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
6 answers
526 views
I am having trouble setting the alignment on my headers and footers:
FooterStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"
HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"

No matter what I do with the latest build, the headers and footers are all left-aligned. When I look at the source, there are not any alignments listed on the associated TDs.

The ItemStyle version works correctly, though.

Is this a bug in the 2007.3 SP1 version?
Joel

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
129 views
Dear Telerik,

I have developed a simple page with a RadScriptManager and a couple of rad textboxes.
This page works ok on IE7 and on IE6 sp2 but our client has standardised on IE6 sp1 on which, as luck would have it, the page has multiple javascript errors ending with a Telerik is undefined when loaded/posted (but ok when i hit the refresh button ... weird). If I set RadScriptManager EnableScriptCombine="False" or use microsoft scriptmanager the page works ok (on IE6 sp1).

I have looked into the IIS setting for the .axd files as instructed in other (similar) posts, and the settings are as prescribed.

Is there any other known solution (other than that I have found) as i would really like to get any speed increases i can (anything as old as a pentium 3 appears to chug when loading the numerous ajax javascripts ?

Thanks,
Simon
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
110 views
I created a stand application in VS2008 c#, I like to diplay images from a SharePoint Image library.
This is not a SharePoint application, but image are storage there.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
8 answers
174 views
Hoping someone can help with some really odd rendering behavior.  When a page with Rad Controls first load, it draws a page one way, then takes a second to render the page with the skin you've chosen, which makes everything "jump" and it looks really ridiculous.

Can someone explain why this happens and if there's a work around to it?   Our users are beginning to complain about it.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
113 views
Hello,

When i don't set the ItemStyle-wrap or set ItemStyle-Wrap="true", the last word  (that doesn't fit) stay on the first line, and is repeated on second line.

So this is how it shows with wrap in a cell:
|word1 word2 wor|
|word3                  |

Is there a solution for this?

I use many grids in my apllication, and all have this strange behaviour.
For now i have set in all my grids the wrap to false.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?