Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
124 views
I'm using user controls that are only one line tall. It looks great when put into the title of the dock with the dock itself empty:

objDock.TitlebarTemplate = Page.LoadTemplate("/Reports/Controls/searchDate.ascx");

I need to load these docks dynamically like in the 'My Portal' example. I think this is the line to modify:

            ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(
            dock,
            this.GetType(),
            "AddDock",
            string.Format(@"function _addDock() {{
    Sys.Application.remove_load(_addDock);
    $find('{1}').dock($find('{0}'));
    $find('{0}').doPostBack('DockPositionChanged');
}};
Sys.Application.add_load(_addDock);", dock.ClientID, DropDownZone.SelectedValue),
            true);

But I'm not sure what needs to be changed. Is this going to be possible?
BradleyDean
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
6 answers
199 views
Hi,

I am using the full version of RADEditor in MOSS and want to perform the spellcheck before user submits the form to the sharepoint (on the client side, thru Javascript). Is it possible to enable the spellcheck thru Javascript. If so, can you pls provide me with the sample.

FYI: I have seen few samples provided for ASP.Net Spell check to perform spellcheck at the client side, where you are taking the RADEditor control id and performing spell check. But in the SharePoint list, I am not able to get the ID of the RADEditor.

Regards,
Phani
Mahesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
3 answers
189 views
I have a self-hierarchy grid that has three boolean columns IsText, IsDate, IsParty. 

I want to set three other columns visiblility in edit mode to the value of the boolean fields. i.e. ...


EditTextColumn.visible = IsText;
EditDateColumn.visible = IsDate;
EditPartyColumn.visible = IsParty;

Where would this best be done? I am trying the ItemCommand but can't seem to cast the selected item to columns so I can set visibility.
Nancy Cara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
1 answer
178 views
Hi,

I have downloaded the new hotfix today.  And I realize there are folders called Scripts and Skins.  Please let me know what the use of those folders and where I should place those folders into my file structure.

Chris
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
1 answer
71 views
I've added the RadEditor for MOSS 2007 Webpart into a Webpart Zone on my page but when I select "Modify Shared Webpart" from the RadEditor Edit menu, all I see is the "Appearance/Layout/Advanced" settings on the right of the screen. There is no area to add any content.

Is there anything that you can think of that might cause this? Or any more info I can provide that might help solve the problem?

Thanks.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
2 answers
178 views
I'm new to the spellchecker control.  Everything I've looked up seems to be deprecated.

Did you yank all the server side control for the spell checker from the Prometheus version?

How do I force spell check on the assigned control or feed it text and check it via the codebehind/serverside?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
10 answers
176 views

Hi,
I need to wrap the prometheus menu control in a custom server control so that developers have limited control over changing styles, features, etc.

How would I go about creating the equivalent of this:
<telerik:radmenu id="mainRadMenu" runat="server" enableembeddedskins="false" enabletheming="true">
   <Items>
    <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="About us" AccessKey="U">
     <Items>
      <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Mission Statement">
      </telerik:RadMenuItem>
      <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Strategic Plan">
      </telerik:RadMenuItem>
      <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Executive Bios">
      </telerik:RadMenuItem>
      <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Contact Us">
      </telerik:RadMenuItem>
     </Items>
    </telerik:RadMenuItem>
   </Items>
  </telerik:radmenu>

This is as far as I’ve gotten (I’m stuck on creating the internal “telerik:RadMenuItem”s:

[DefaultProperty("Text")]

      [ToolboxData("<{0}:LISMenu runat=server></{0}:LISMenu>")]

      public class LISMenu : Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenu

      {

            protected void LISMenu_Init(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

            {

                  base.EnableEmbeddedSkins = false;

                  base.EnableTheming = true;

            }

             protected override void Render(System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter writer)

            {

                  base.Render(writer);

            }

      }

Thank you so much for your help,
Beth

Beth Krawczuk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
2 answers
121 views
Hi,

I am trying to open a context menu when right click any column from a RAD GridView. I couldn't give The RAD GridView Column as a target for the context menu.

I think it is not permited also to set the ContextMenuTagNameTarget  with an asp or RAD tag name, i think it is ok only with HTML Tags, please validate.

<telerik:ContextMenuTagNameTarget TagName="Columns"

/>

<telerik:ContextMenuTagNameTarget TagName="telerik

:GridBoundColumn" />




I have tried to use the client event OnColumnContextMenu and handle the function ColumnContextMenu to make it show the context menu

<ClientEvents OnColumnContextMenu="ColumnContextMenu" />



var

contextMenu = document.getElementById("<%= DWSRadContextMenu.ClientID %>");


contextMenu.Show();

but I recieve a javascript error that the contextMenu object doesn't support that function, also I have download several examples with the ASP Menu not the Prometheus,and they use the Show() function, and the ShowAt function.

Please advice.

Kind regards.

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
4 answers
254 views
How do we implement the dialog based Prometheus RadSpell with the Prometheus Editor using jscript?  The important distinction between the version provided on this site for a previous version of spellcheker are in the get_text() and set_text() methods.


<div> 
        <telerik:radspell id="RadSpell1" runat="server" buttontype="none" /> 
        <telerik:radeditor runat="server" id="RadEditor1"> 
         <tools> 
          <telerik:editortoolgroup> 
           <telerik:editortool name="spellcheck" /> 
          </telerik:editortoolgroup> 
         </tools> 
         <content> 
          There are somee miztakes in this text 
         </content> 
        </telerik:radeditor> 
        <script type="text/javascript"> 
        Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.CommandList.SpellCheck = function(commandName, editor) 
        { 
         var spell = GetRadSpell('<%= RadSpell1.ClientID %>'); 
         spell.set_textSource(new PrometheusTextSource(editor)) 
         spell.startSpellCheck(); 
         return false; 
        } 
        var PrometheusTextSource = function(editor) 
        { 
         this._editor = editor; 
         this.get_text = function() { return this._editor.get_Html(); }; 
         this.set_text = function(value) { this._editor.set_Html(value); }; 
        } 
        </script> 
        </div> 
Doug Beard
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
5 answers
300 views
I read many threads about adding Tooltip in grid and using Tooltip with ASP update panel.

Now, if I want to use Tooltip in Grid, using Tooltip manager is the only best way? In case of Tooltip manager it calls does AjaxUpdate - means its going to call a server method. Now, when the page is rendered first time, it gets all the info that should be displayed in tooltip as well as the grid. So, going to Server for that does not sound like a good idea to me.

Also, going to server and then finding out each and every information back again from GridRow seems a lot of work as per the examples. Like manipulating Ids etc.

I used Tooltip without manager in grid and it displays the tooltip fine. But as soon as I put RadAjaxManager in the page - the tooltip does not get displayed.

Let me know what approach should I take?
- Do I have to use Tooltip Manager?
- If Yes, can I avoid AjaxUpdate call?
- Is there a way I can do this by Javascript by writing onmouse over for all the target controls?
- Is it possible that the tooltip control be in an ASP Panel (in each row of grid) and then placing this panel within tooltip control either from server side or from client side?

Thanks,
Piyush.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?