Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
158 views
Hello,
Is it possible to change the color of the content area in the editor?  I am using this to edit content on a web page that is not white but the text needs to be white and the background a different color than white.  Please let me know.  Thank you.

Christy
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
4 answers
162 views
I just put a radCombobx on an empty my page. Now I try to set font and size, but they will be ignored complely. Why?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
3 answers
501 views
Hi,
I want to know if it is possible to trigger an ajax postback on the parent page of a radwindow after you close the radwindow?

i.e. I have a parent page that displays a grid of some sort. Clicking on something opens a radwindow, in which you can edit some details. After saving and closing the radwindow, i need the grid to refresh using ajax

I currently do a whole page refresh (based on the documentation examples). Is it possible not to do a whole page refresh and only trigger an ajax update for the grid?

Thanks,
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
8 answers
139 views
We have an Prometheus AjaxManager that is controlling many of the updates on our page. First, a Prometheus treeview node is selected. Depending on which node, and ASP:Panel is made visible to the right of the treeview with information about the node. In the panel, we have a standard drop down list. When different options are selected in the drop down list, it displays different controls. One of the controls that we are having problems with is a calendar picker control (made by another 3rd party). When this control is visible it doesn't not allow the calendar to be displayed.

If we switch tabs (causing a postback), and then change back to the tab that has the treeview and panel, the calendar control starts working just fine. From looking at the output on the page, it appears that some additional ScriptResource.axd files and CSS declarations are output to the page. I tried switching over to the Prometheus Telerik RadDatePicker, but had similar results.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
1 answer
130 views
Hello,
how to add forbidden zones in javascript? I know the function set_forbiddenZones but I dont know the type of Parameter.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
2 answers
190 views
Hi,

I've tried to follow your help article ("Default Font for Editable Content") to set the default font for the RadEditor Content Element and the Webpart but with no success.

I tried a few things and hope this additional information is usefull to you (Skin was Default2006). I used the following code to see at least something:

.RadEContent, .RadEContentBordered
{
    font-family: Arial !important;
    font-size: 30px !important;
    background:lime !important;
}

- When I added the lines to the file Skins\Default2006\EditorContentArea.css nothing changed
- When I added the lines to the file Skins\Default2006\Editor.css the background changed to the color lime (although only in Firefox). The font family and size has not changed at all.

any idea whats going wrong here?

cheers
Jann
Jann
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
3 answers
233 views
Hi,
        I'm using prometheus version of Rad Editor in my page. I enabled the spell checker in the Rad Editor by reading the online documentation. It says to add the required dictionaries (Ex:- en-US.tdf) in the "App_Data/RadSpell" folder of the website application and add the following piece of code in the web.config file

<
add verb="*" validate="false" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI"/>

I tried doing the things and if i click on the spellChecker button in the Rad Editor I'm getting the alert message with the following text "The command SpellCheck is not implemented yet". Can any one help me out in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Reethish
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
1 answer
134 views
Hi, I logged a support call last week but have had no response at all within our agreed turn around time (ticket #122928).

We would like to empower content editors of our SharePoint to insert any XHTML/Javascript they wish via the Code/HTML View of the editor.

Currently when they try and insert script all script tags are stripped by the editor when they switch back to WYSIWYG view.

Effectively: I need to allow content editors to enter absolutely anything they want and have it rendered to the screen exactly as it was entered. I am only too aware of the potential hazards involved with enabling users to do this, but the only content editors in this site are a trusted content development agency so the risk is minimal at best.

Question 1: Is this possible? (If not, what can I do to make it as close as possible).
Question 2: If possible, can this be configured in a central location and be reflected in all instances of RAD editor in my page layouts.

Many Thanks
George
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
2 answers
105 views
Hello,

I'm having troubles figuring out how to populate detailtable with custom data depending which row was selected on it's parent view. This custom data could be array of string or collection of objects.

I did manage to get it working once, but unfortunately I forgot to save and lost everything :(

So I would like to ask if someone can post a small sample application which populates DetailTable on demand with custom data which has no relation to its master dataview, or at least some pointers on how to do this.

Thx in advance
Gregor Jaksa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
3 answers
202 views
Hi,

I create a RadGrid programmatically. Then I add it to a placeholder control of my usercontrol. It is displayed. Now I like to resize and to reorder the columns. But resize doesn't work. Reorder does. What is wrong?

Here are my settings for my grid:
Dim rGrid As New Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid     
Dim AddButton As New GridButtonColumn     
Dim DeleteButton As New GridButtonColumn     
Dim Countries As New GridBoundColumn     
rGrid.MasterTableView.TableLayout = GridTableLayout.Fixed     
rGrid.ClientSettings.Scrolling.AllowScroll = True    
rGrid.ClientSettings.Scrolling.UseStaticHeaders = True    
rGrid.Height = 410     
    
rGrid.AutoGenerateColumns = False    
rGrid.AllowSorting = True    
rGrid.AllowPaging = True    
rGrid.HeaderStyle.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center     
rGrid.ClientSettings.AllowColumnsReorder = True    
rGrid.ClientSettings.ColumnsReorderMethod = GridClientSettings.GridColumnsReorderMethod.Reorder     
rGrid.PageSize = 10     
rGrid.PagerStyle.Mode = GridPagerMode.NextPrevAndNumeric     
    
rGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(AddButton)     
rGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(DeleteButton)     
rGrid.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(Countries)     
    
AddButton.HeaderStyle.Width = 25     
DeleteButton.HeaderStyle.Width = 25     
Countries.HeaderStyle.Width = 80     
    
rGrid.EnableEmbeddedSkins = False    
rGrid.ClientSettings.Selecting.AllowRowSelect = True    
rGrid.ClientSettings.Resizing.AllowColumnResize = True    
rGrid.ClientSettings.Resizing.EnableRealTimeResize = True    
rGrid.ClientSettings.Resizing.ResizeGridOnColumnResize = True    
 
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?