Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
82 views

Hi,
    I have a Tree using client side drag and drop and load on demand.
I want to be able to display a Context Menu in the onNodeDropping client side event so that the users can select wheather they want to copy the node, move it or cancel the action. How do I achieve this?

Thanks and regards,

Shwetal Mehta
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
139 views
In a javascript function, I am selecting a node based on user input using node.Select().  When this happens, the AfterClientClick is fired, just as if the user clicked on it.  Is there a way to not run the AfterClientClick function when node.Select() is called programmably?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
141 views
To confirm a delete menu item i set the following function on the OnClientContextMenuItemClicking event.

        function TreeMenuClick(sender, eventArgs){
            if (eventArgs.get_menuItem().get_value() == "Delete") {
                if (!confirm("Do you want to delete the selected Item?")) {
                    eventArgs.set_cancel(true);
                }
            }
        }

When cancel is selected in the confirm dialog the context menu remains displayed. I tried the following command, but it did not make any difference.

                    eventArgs.get_menuItem().get_menu().close();
Any idea how you get the menu to close.

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
3 answers
129 views
I'm using the following code to perform a row click on the client side that opens a new RadWindow.

 function RowClick(sender, eventArgs) 
    {         
        var MasterTableView = eventArgs.get_tableView();         
        var cell = MasterTableView.getCellByColumnUniqueName(MasterTableView.get_dataItems()[eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical()], "item");    
        var cell2 = MasterTableView.getCellByColumnUniqueName(MasterTableView.get_dataItems()[eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical()], "OrdNumb"); 
        var cell3 = MasterTableView.getCellByColumnUniqueName(MasterTableView.get_dataItems()[eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical()], "POS");  
        var cell4 = MasterTableView.getCellByColumnUniqueName(MasterTableView.get_dataItems()[eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical()], "HdrBuyFromBP");           
         var oWnd = radopen("Details.aspx?item=" + cell.innerHTML + "&Order_No=" + cell2.innerHTML + "&POS=" + cell3.innerHTML + "&BP=" + cell4.innerHTML ); 
          
          oWnd.add_close(OnClientClose); 
        }   
           
          function OnClientClose(sender,args)  
            {  
               // GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.location.reload(); 
            }  
 
    </script> 

There are 10 columns in my grid. Is it possible to remove the first two columns from the row click event? So it would only pick up the click on columns 3-10?

I put the rowclick event in for ease of use, but now they want to be able to copy some order numbers from the first two columns.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
3 answers
155 views
Now after I've upgraded to 4.3.2.0, the CssEditor.css file that I use to style elements inside the editor, is also referenced by a <link> tag in published view as the visitors sees the page.

Thats a problem because some elements are styled differently inside the editor. Why is that and can i avoid it somehow?

I know i can prefix all my selectors in the CssEditor.css with .RadEContentBordered, (ie. .RadEContentBordered H1{color:red;}), but i would've liked it a little cleaner than that.

Regards, Morten.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
137 views
Hi Telerik Team,

Is it possible to have Table styles show only in Table Wizard and not in the Apply CSS Class list?

Thanks,
Claudia
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
0 answers
98 views
I have marked zones in my prometheus rad bar chart to denote upper and lower thresholds. I would like to add tooltip for this marked zones. How to achive this functionality? Also when I use RadToolTipManager how to change the Text property of RadToolTipManager for various bars according to their active regions? I didnt find any active region property for marked zones and hence I am confused how to show different tooltip text for a mouse over event on marked zones.
Amey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Feb 2008
1 answer
164 views
Is there a way to programmatically trigger the OnClientNodeClicking() event via Javascript?

I tried tree.raise_nodeClicked(nodeIndex) but this seems to do nothing. Is there a node method that does this like node.click() ?
N
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Feb 2008
2 answers
166 views

Hi,

I have a RadMenu which contains some sub menu items. The RadMenu is inside a RadPane which is adjacent to another RadPane in a splitter.

The Menu works fine in IE7, but in FireFox, the sub menu items go behind the RadPane. I followed an earlier post to set the z-index to a large number, and also set the position to absolute but it has no effects.

Thanks,
Kathy

Below code demonstrates the issue.

<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<style type="text/css">
    .test
    {
     z-index:10000;  
     position:absolute;   
    }
</style>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" Runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" >
        <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" Runat="server" Height="30">           
            <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" Runat="server" Flow="Horizontal">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="A" CssClass="test">
                        <Items>
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="B"></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        </Items>
                    </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadMenu>
        </telerik:RadPane>
        <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" Runat="server">       
         Testing
        </telerik:RadPane>
    </telerik:RadSplitter>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Kathy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
0 answers
97 views
I have a RadGrid and I'm using GridTemplateColumns containing ItemTemplates and EditTemplates.  I have AllowAutomaticUpdates="False" and OnUpdateCommand="RadGrid1_UpdateCommand" so I can perform some custom work on the UpdateCommandEvent.

Can you explain how I can access the controls within the EditTemplates when I try to perform an update?

Thanks,

Jeff


* Never mind, I figured it out... e.item.FindControl   :)
JJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?