Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
900 views
Trying to run the Prometheus demo, Visual Studio 2008.

I'm getting this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I've found System.Web.Extensions at:

C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\

If I the file (and System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll which I know I also need) to \bin\ then I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

What am I doing wrong? Am I getting my files from the wrong spot?

I thought when using Visual Studio 2008 everything (Ajax.net) was included and you didn't need to download anything extra.
BradleyDean
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
2 answers
267 views
'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager' is null or not an object

Sys.WebForms has no properties  
set_uniqueID("RadAjaxManager1")ScriptResource.ax... (line 124)  
Sys$Component$_setProperties(Object _element=span#RadAjaxManager1 _clientEvents=Object, Object ajaxSettings=[1] clientEvents=Object)ScriptResource.ax... (line 2776)  
Sys$Component$create(function(), Object ajaxSettings=[1] clientEvents=Object, null, null, span#RadAjaxManager1)ScriptResource.ax... (line 2837)  
(no name)()events.aspx (line 319)  
_handler(Object _disposableObjects=[1] _components=Object, Object)ScriptResource.ax... (line 2503)  
Sys$_Application$_doInitialize()ScriptResource.ax... (line 3792)  
(no name)()ScriptResource.ax... (line 50)  
[Break on this error] window[Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._uniqueIDToClientID(this._u... 

The Scheduler works fine on  the local machine. when i deploy the code on our test server, i get the above error, however the page is loaded, but none of the onclick functions work.

i have also installed the AJAX extensions on the test server, i see the System.Web.Extensions.dll in the C:\Windows\assembly folder.

Please advise if i am missing something here. (here is the code)
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="events.aspx.cs" Inherits="events" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Events Calendar</title> 
</head> 
<body style="margin:0px;padding:0px;">  
    <form id="form1" runat="server" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;">  
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">  
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadScheduler1">  
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadScheduler1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0" InitialDelayTime="500">  
            <asp:Image ID="Image1" Style="margin-top: 200px" runat="server" ImageUrl="images/loading7.gif" 
                BorderWidth="0px" AlternateText="Loading"></asp:Image> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>          
        <telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="RadScheduler1" OverflowBehavior="Expand" ShowFooter="false"     
            Width="750px" Skin="Default" EnableEmbeddedSkins="True" TimeZoneOffset="03:00:00" 
            SelectedDate="2008-02-29" DayStartTime="08:00:00" DayEndTime="18:00:00" 
            OnDataBound="RadScheduler1_DataBound" > 
        </telerik:RadScheduler>     
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Tanuj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2008
1 answer
162 views
I have a pie chart (see this thread for how I'm implementing it http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bcdmbm.aspx).  Anyway, I want to set the TOTAL size of the image to something like 600x400 but have the pie chart a little smaller because I want to show the legend without having the legend superimpose over the chart.

I have no idea how to accomplish something like this, everytime I try to resize the chart (using RadChart.Width = Unit.Pixel(600); and RadChart.Height = Unit.Pixel(400); it automatically scales the chart with it (as well as all the labels and stuff). 

Can I manually set the chart and label sizes and then introduce my legend so I know what the heck I'm looking at?
Fooberichu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
1 answer
391 views
RadSpell was only partially ported in RadControls Prometheus and that's why it was not included in the official Q2 release. The samples below demonstrates how to use the "old" RadSpell with RadEditor Prometheus:
 
external button
<div>
<asp:scriptmanager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<rads:radspell id="RadSpell1" runat="server" controltocheck="RadEditor1" />
<telerik:radeditor runat="server" id="RadEditor1">
 <content>
  There are somee miztakes in this text
 </content>
</telerik:radeditor>
<script type="text/javascript">
var _htmlElementTextSource = HtmlElementTextSource;
var PrometheusTextSource = function(editor)
{
 this._editor = editor;
 this.GetText = function() { return this._editor.get_Html(); };
 this.SetText = function(value) { this._editor.set_Html(value); };
}
HtmlElementTextSource = function(element)
{
 this.source = element.control && element.control.get_Html ? new PrometheusTextSource(element.control) : new _htmlElementTextSource(element);
 this.GetText = function() { return this.source.GetText(); };
 this.SetText = function(value) { return this.source.SetText(value); };
}
</script>
</div>

example with a custom tool
<div>
<asp:scriptmanager id="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<rads:radspell id="RadSpell1" runat="server" buttontype="none" />
<telerik:radeditor runat="server" id="RadEditor1">
 <tools>
  <telerik:editortoolgroup>
   <telerik:editortool name="spellcheck" />
  </telerik:editortoolgroup>
 </tools>
 <content>
  There are somee miztakes in this text
 </content>
</telerik:radeditor>
<script type="text/javascript">
Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.CommandList.SpellCheck = function(commandName, editor)
{
 var spell = GetRadSpell('<%= RadSpell1.ClientID %>');
 spell.SpellCheck(new PrometheusTextSource(editor));
 return false;
}
var PrometheusTextSource = function(editor)
{
 this._editor = editor;
 this.GetText = function() { return this._editor.get_Html(); };
 this.SetText = function(value) { this._editor.set_Html(value); };
}
</script>
</div>


The inline spellcheck mechanism will not be available in RadEditor "Prometheus" before SP1, which is expected in a couple of weeks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
2 answers
221 views

I am using a RadTreeView with TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack (an AJAX call fills in the tree entries when the plus is clicked. For each RadTreeNode, you can specifiy an ExpandMode of TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack to make the plus show up. Or leave it so that no plus shows up.

In client Javascript (from the OnClientNodeClicking callback), how do I tell if there are any "possible" children (if the plus is visisble)? The children are not yet filled in -- I call node.expand() to expand the node when clicked.

Thanks

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
2 answers
188 views
Has anyone encountered any issues with the RadUpload control in Firefox 2.0?  When a user clicks on the Browser's refresh button, the RadUpload UI control disappears and writes html to the page. Thanks.
Quang
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
1 answer
80 views
I have a RadWindow that is working fine ... and another RadWindow that is opened from the edit form of a RadGrid (RadControls RadGrid, not Prometheus RadGrid).  The first RadWindow works great but the RadWindow in the radgrid opens only sporadically; most of the time when I click the opener element I get no javascript errors and no window ... nothing.  But sometimes it does open.  Is this a known issue?  Is Prometheus RadWindow compatible with the RadControls RadGrid?  Do I need to do something specific to make it work?  Both of my RadWindows are both set up to open the window with the "OpenerElementID" property. 
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
7 answers
172 views
Hi,

Since putting on the latest Prometheus, the tlrkComboBoxes doesn't seem to work. It's still int the help file, but when I try to use it it throws up a message saying it's not defined.

Please tell me I'm not being a muppet again. :-(

Regards

Bobby
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
2 answers
153 views
I have an ASP.Net page with the following few controls:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="Scriptmanager1" runat="server">   
</asp:ScriptManager>  
         
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" runat="server" > 
</telerik:RadDatePicker> 
         
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> 
         
<telerik:RadToolTipManager Position="BottomRight" ID="RadToolTipManager1" runat="server">   
 </telerik:RadToolTipManager>  

In my code behind page, if I added a tooltip to the TextBox and the RadDatePicker, then view the page in my browser, the tooltips render just fine.
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
{ 
     RadDatePicker1.ToolTip =  "Added through c#"; 
     TextBox1.ToolTip = "Added through c#"; 
} 

If I explicitly add these controls to the tooltip manager, the textbox still renders the tooltip correctly and the RadDatePicker does not render the tool tip correctly.  The tooltip shows up as a stander HTML tooltip.
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
{ 
       RadDatePicker1.ToolTip =  "Added through c#"; 
       TextBox1.ToolTip = "Added through c#"; 
       RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(TextBox1.ID); 
       RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(RadDatePicker1.ID); 
} 


Do you have a reason why it would work this way?  When a page only has one tool tip manager, should I be explicitly adding the controls to the manager?

Thanks in advance!
Patrick Rivers
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
1 answer
229 views
I am trying to switch from the RadControls for ASP.NET RadWindow to Prometheus RadWindow.  I am having trouble finding an example of opening a RadWindow client-side?

I tried this but I got a javascript error that says "_28 has no properties"

        var oManager = GetRadWindowManager();
        var oWnd = oManager.GetWindowByName("NewDrugDialog");
        oWnd.Show();

Here is my RadWindow code:

        <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager" runat="server" Width="400" Height="400" DestroyOnClose="true"
            Modal="true">
            <Windows>
                <telerik:RadWindow ID="NewDrugDialog" runat="server" Title="Add New Drug" Height="400px" Width="400px" ReloadOnShow="true" Modal="false" Skin="Vista" DestroyOnClose="false"
                                    ClientCallBackFunction="CallBackFunctionDrug" OnClientClose="OnClientCloseDrug" />
            </Windows>
        </telerik:RadWindowManager>
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?