Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
262 views
Hi,

I'm creating a custom sharepoint control (ascx) contains has a RadTreeView control.  I am trying to get the tree control instance from a javascript
function as follows:

   // Gets a handle to the TreeView.
   function GetTreeControl()
   {
       // Get a handle to the TreeView.
       var tree =  document.getElementById('radTreeModule');
    //var tree =  document.getElementById('<%= radTreeModule.ClientID %>');
       if ( tree == null || tree == undefined )
           return null;
       return tree;
   }  

Note: i tried two options for getElemenetById.

I get null when using 
       var tree =  document.getElementById('radTreeModule');

The tree nodes don't behave properly when using
   var tree =  document.getElementById('<%= radTreeModule.ClientID %>');



I read somewhere that the INamingContainer implemented by Sharepoint may not support document.getElementById('<%= xxx.ClientID %>'); syntax.

So how do I get the tree object for this custom control in javascript within the custom control?






Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
2 answers
151 views
I just downloaded the Q3 2007 release of Prometheus.  I'm running VS Express 2008 on WinXP SP2.

When I opened the "Live Demos" in VS, it asked me if I wanted to convert to .NET 3.5, so I said yes, not sure if that was unwise or not, but it didn't appear to give me any choice.  I created a backup though.

Anyway when I attempt to run any of the demos, I get a fatal error in web.config:

"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."

Am I doing anything wrong?  I did note that this line in web.config may have a problem in that there does not appear to be a "TechEd.xml" file in the ~/App_Data directory:

<add name="TechEd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.XmlSchedulerProvider" fileName="~/App_Data/TechEd.xml" persistChanges="true" />

but perhaps that's a red herring.  I can obviously create a dummy teched.xml file but that may be pointless if it's something else...

Thanks in advance,

  -- bill


Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
1 answer
132 views
I took a copy of the MAC skin and renamed it to my own.  I searched and replaced all references to _MAC with my new name and also the file name references from *.mac* to *.myname*.

I also added the EnableEmbeddedSkins = False to the code.

Now that I am referencing it in my code, there appears to be absolutely no style
being applied.

Is there a way that i am supposed to tell telerik the path to the custom skin?  If so, what is it? The help files do not make this easy to find if it is there...

Thanks,

Terry Webster
Chief Technology Architect
Highmark Technology
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
2 answers
296 views
I'm in the process of upgrading some controls that use 2007 Q3 to prometheus. As far as I know they worked perfectly with the Q3 but I'm having some strange issues with prometheus.

objective: a combobox which allows you to find stuff on a web 2.0 way: typ something in it > items get requested. use the dropdown button > first x items get requested.

So I have this defined in code
        _eLocation.MyDropDownList.MarkFirstMatch = True 
        _eLocation.AutoPostBack = True 
        _eLocation.MyDropDownList.AllowCustomText = True 
        _eLocation.MyDropDownList.ShowMoreResultsBox = True 
        _eLocation.MyDropDownList.ItemRequestTimeout = 500 
        _eLocation.MyDropDownList.EnableLoadOnDemand = True 
 
        AddHandler _eLocation.SelectedIndexChanged, AddressOf NewLocationSelected 
        AddHandler _eLocation.ItemsRequested, AddressOf ItemsRequested 
        AddHandler _eLocation.TextChanged, AddressOf TextChanged 

_elocation is a servercontrol which contains a dropdownlist.
the events are mapped to a custom function.

Now the problem:
1. First load of the page:
 -  click on the button = dropdown opens but no items request, no trace of any event, no postback
 -  click on  the  v  below  =   items get requested - postback
2. second load (after the previous postback)
- click on the button=postback, items get requested - works as expected

I think that a click on the button used to cause a "itemsrequested" event.
Is their a way to achieve this with prometheus - without javascript ? It's nice that this is optional so we can now use the combobox as an autosuggestion textbox  :)

tx in advance

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
2 answers
114 views
Hi,
I am wondering how can I display an image upon clicks on a RadMenuItem. I tried setting the ClickedImageUrl property but the image is not shown when the menu item is clicked. It works for both HoveredImageUrl and ImageUrl.

Thanks.
Kathy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
5 answers
132 views
ok, when I trace this, e.Appointment is available and e.Appointment.Resources is null, I am under a content page I dont know whether it has anything to do with it.  RadScheduler1.Resources have all the resources available, is there any other way to change colors for the resources? or this problem have been encountered before. thank you


    protected void RadScheduler1_AppointmentColor(object sender, AppointmentCreatedEventArgs e) 
    { 
        /*foreach (Resource resource in e.Appointment.Resources) 
            { 
                if (resource.Type == "Status") 
                { 
                    e.Appointment.CssClass = resource.Text.Replace(' ', '_'); 
                } 
            }*/ 
    } 
Doug Odegaard
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
3 answers
276 views
I have a main form (frmMain.aspx)which has an iframe element, setting src="frmChild.aspx" - both forms are AJAX enabled. When I trigger a client event (eg button click) from the main form and in javascript call the ajaxRequest routine of a RadAjaxPanel on the frmChild.aspx the main form is also posted back ( a normal postback as opposed to an AJAX one).

I have managed to get rid of the main form postback by introducing another iframe into the main form with src="frmToolbar.aspx"  (which i havent AJAX enabled yet); when this frmToolbar initiates the call to the frmChild RadAjaxPanel ajaxRequest the extraneous postback is eliminated.

Is this behaviour by design (and I can rely on it functioning this way into the future)?

Thanks,

Simon
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Feb 2008
4 answers
133 views
I'm having some trouble trying to test your Schduler control. I'm able to place the control on a page configured the following controls (RadScriptManager, SqlDataSource & AJAX Manager).

The page renders only the top have of the Scheduler Control showing the Day/Week/Month choices but then everything else is blank below. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

There's a script error indicating the following errors:
Line: 8
Char: 1
Error: 'Type is underfined
Code: 0
~~~~~~~~
Line: 43
Char:1
Error: Sys is undefined
Code:0
~~~~~~~~
Line: 368
Char: 4
Error: "Telerik is undefined
code:0

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Feb 2008
1 answer
91 views
I've got a GridView in which I'd like each row to contain a tooltip control.

The problem I'm running into is this GridView is being databound late in the page execution because I'm using an asp.net asynchronous page (the query that runs takes a long time and I don't want to take up an ASP.NET thread while the query is executing).  Async operations are triggered to be brought back around PreRenderComplete time.

On this page, when your control is rendered, I get the following exception:
Script controls may not be registered after PreRender.

What can I do to resolve this issue?
Anderson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Feb 2008
8 answers
152 views
Say I double click when in monthview and I have the scheduler to go to the advanced editor instead of the simple one. This results in a default of "alldayevent" checkbox checked and the start and end times being greyed out. When I try to click the checkbox it throughs a client side javascript error and I am not able to re-enable the time boxes to make it an hour only event.

How can I either repair that functionality or in the codebehind access those other controls to enable them and make it an hour event by default instead of alldayevent?

Thanks
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?