Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
79 views
The textbox seems to have a size of one and i cannot get it to widen or affect the style in any way.
The Dude
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
130 views
I am using RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007.  I have created marked zones on my rad bar chart to specify upper and lower limits for Y-axis values. I would like to know how can I add tooltip when user have his mouse pointer over those marked zones? Is there any direct property or I will have to go the ajax way? If yes how?
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
7 answers
279 views
I have followed the instructions here, and find that when I am editing Basic Page, it is still using the out-of-box editor instead of radEditor.

Did I miss some important steps?

Thanks.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
2 answers
128 views
Are there any plans to add support for checked/toggled menu items back into the menu control? I've been thinking about moving to Prometheus, but make extensive use of that functionality from the standard control suite. Thanks.
somedave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
1 answer
112 views
Hello guys

I m using grouping with prometheus grid.

I wanna access GroupHeaderItem from javascript and C# code.

I tried RadGrid.Items which just give me dataItems...

Any idea on this?

Regards,
Elton

Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
2 answers
147 views
i upgraded from the jan 15th release to the feb 25 release, as part of the release here is what i did

(1) uninstalled prometheus controls
(2) reinstalled the latest version of prometheus controls
(3) copied the new Telerik.Charting.dll (1.7.2.0) to the bin folder, its also present the c:\windows\assembly folder
(4) changed the web.config settings
under <httphandlers>

<

add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1425.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />


under <assemblies>

<

add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/>

but, all other controls are working fine except the chart controls, they give the following error

Field not found: 'Telerik.Charting.ActiveRegion.activeRegionList'.


here is the code

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="listing_stats.aspx.cs" Inherits="listing_stats" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.7.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763" 
    Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="rad" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="rad" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" Assembly="Telerik.Charting" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head id="Head1" runat="server">  
    <title>Listing Statistics</title> 
</head> 
<body style="margin:0px;padding:0px;background-color:Black;text-align:center;">  
    <form style="margin:0px;padding:0px;" id="form1" runat="server">  
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" /> 
    <div> 
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" > 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
        <rad:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server" SkinsOverrideStyles="false" Skin="Black" > 
            <PlotArea> 
                <XAxis MaxValue="5" MinValue="1" Step="1">  
                </XAxis> 
                <YAxis MaxValue="100" Step="5">  
                </YAxis> 
                <YAxis2 MaxValue="100" MinValue="1" Step="1">  
                </YAxis2> 
            </PlotArea> 
            <ChartTitle> 
                <TextBlock Text="Clicks for 123 Main Street">  
                </TextBlock> 
            </ChartTitle>                                                                              
            <Series> 
                <rad:ChartSeries Name="Series 1" Type="Pie" > 
                    <Appearance LegendDisplayMode="ItemLabels">  
                        <FillStyle MainColor="Blue" SecondColor="Red">  
                        </FillStyle> 
                    </Appearance> 
                    <Items> 
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="72" Name="C21">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>                                                                                           
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem>   
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="30" Name="MyWeb">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Gray" SecondColor="Red">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>                                                                                           
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem>                                             
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="54" Name="Google">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Green" SecondColor="Yellow">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>   
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="31" Name="Trulia">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="Blue" SecondColor="Gray">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>   
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        <rad:ChartSeriesItem YValue="25" Name="Yahoo">  
                            <Appearance> 
                                <FillStyle MainColor="pink" SecondColor="magenta">  
                                </FillStyle>                                                                                              
                            </Appearance>                                                                                           
                        </rad:ChartSeriesItem> 
                    </Items> 
                </rad:ChartSeries> 
            </Series> 
        </rad:RadChart>          
        </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr> 
        <td> 
            <rad:RadChart ID="RadChart4" runat="server" skin="Black" SeriesPalette="Gradient">  
                <PlotArea> 
                    <YAxis> 
                        <Appearance Color="62, 62, 62" MajorTick-Color="48, 48, 48" MinorTick-Color="48, 48, 48">  
                            <MajorGridLines Color="77, 77, 77" /> 
                            <MinorGridLines Color="77, 77, 77" /> 
                            <TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113">  
                            </TextAppearance> 
                        </Appearance> 
                        <AxisLabel> 
                            <TextBlock> 
                                <Appearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113">  
                                </Appearance> 
                            </TextBlock> 
                        </AxisLabel> 
                    </YAxis> 
                    <XAxis AutoScale="False" DataLabelsColumn="Month" MaxValue="0" Step="1" MinValue="0">  
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                                <textblock text="November"></textblock> 
                            </telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                            <telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                                <textblock text="December"></textblock> 
                            </telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                            <telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                                <textblock text="January"></textblock> 
                            </telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                            <telerik:chartaxisitem> 
                                <textblock text="February"></textblock> 
                            </telerik:chartaxisitem>                                      
                        </Items> 
                        <Appearance Color="62, 62, 62" MajorTick-Color="48, 48, 48">  
                            <MajorGridLines Color="77, 77, 77" /> 
                            <TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113">  
                            </TextAppearance> 
                        </Appearance> 
                        <AxisLabel> 
                            <TextBlock> 
                                <Appearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113">  
                                </Appearance> 
                            </TextBlock> 
                        </AxisLabel> 
                    </XAxis> 
                    <Appearance Border-Color="62, 62, 62" Dimensions-Margins="18%, 100px, 12%, 8%" SeriesPalette="Gradient">  
                        <FillStyle FillType="Solid" MainColor="51, 51, 51">  
                        </FillStyle> 
                    </Appearance> 
                </PlotArea> 
                <ChartTitle> 
                    <TextBlock Text="Views vs Clicks vs Leads">  
                        <Appearance TextProperties-Color="154, 154, 154" TextProperties-Font="Arial, 18pt">  
                        </Appearance> 
                    </TextBlock> 
                    <Appearance Border-Color="" Dimensions-Margins="3%, 10px, 14px, 6%">  
                        <FillStyle MainColor="">  
                        </FillStyle> 
                    </Appearance> 
                </ChartTitle> 
                <Appearance Border-Color="7, 7, 7">  
                    <FillStyle MainColor="25, 25, 25">  
                    </FillStyle> 
                </Appearance> 
                <Series> 
                    <telerik:chartseries Name="Views">  
                        <Appearance Border-Color="187, 149, 58">  
                            <FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient">  
                            <FillSettings><ComplexGradient>  
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="222, 202, 152"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="211, 185, 123" Position="0.5"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="183, 154, 84" Position="1"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            </ComplexGradient> 
                            </FillSettings> 
                            </FillStyle> 
                            <TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113"></TextAppearance> 
                        </Appearance> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="125" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow"></FillStyle> 
                                </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="114" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow"></FillStyle> 
                                </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="97" Name="Item 100">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow"></FillStyle> 
                                </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="143" Name="Item 20">  
                                <Appearance> 
                                    <FillStyle MainColor="Red" SecondColor="Yellow"></FillStyle> 
                                </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        </Items> 
                    </telerik:chartseries> 
                    <telerik:chartseries Name="Clicks">  
                        <Appearance Border-Color="129, 180, 193">  
                            <FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient">  
                            <FillSettings><ComplexGradient>  
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="172, 208, 217"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="149, 193, 204" Position="0.5"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="114, 162, 175" Position="1"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            </ComplexGradient> 
                            </FillSettings> 
                            </FillStyle> 
                            <TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113"></TextAppearance> 
                        </Appearance> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="79" Name="Item 20">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Green"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="43" Name="Item 100">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Green"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="71" Name="Item 100">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Green"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="98" Name="Item 20">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Green"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        </Items> 
                    </telerik:chartseries> 
                    <telerik:chartseries Name="Leads">  
                        <Appearance Border-Color="123, 154, 69">  
                            <FillStyle FillType="ComplexGradient">  
                            <FillSettings><ComplexGradient>  
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="185, 208, 152"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="164, 194, 122" Position="0.5"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            <telerik:GradientElement Color="131, 166, 80" Position="1"></telerik:GradientElement> 
                            </ComplexGradient> 
                            </FillSettings> 
                            </FillStyle> 
                            <TextAppearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113"></TextAppearance> 
                        </Appearance> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="13" Name="Item 20">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Red"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="7" Name="Item 100">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Red"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="19" Name="Item 100">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Red"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                            <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="14" Name="Item 20">  
                            <Appearance> 
                            <FillStyle MainColor="Red"></FillStyle> 
                            </Appearance> 
                            </telerik:ChartSeriesItem> 
                        </Items> 
                    </telerik:chartseries> 
                </Series> 
                <Legend> 
                    <Appearance Border-Color="" Dimensions-Margins="1px, 2%, 9%, 1px" Position-AlignedPosition="BottomRight">  
                        <ItemTextAppearance TextProperties-Color="113, 113, 113" TextProperties-Font="Arial, 10pt">  
                        </ItemTextAppearance> 
                        <FillStyle MainColor="">  
                        </FillStyle> 
                    </Appearance> 
                </Legend> 
            </rad:RadChart>          
        </td> 
    </tr> 
</table>      
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 



Tanuj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
6 answers
581 views
I apologize for the broad nature of this question, but here is the situation I'm facing...

I'm using a RadGrid that has some links in the rows that make calls to radalert, radprompt, and radconfirm depending on the data in the row. The call in the link is similar to:

<a href=# onclick="radalert('Text here', 330, 100);return false;">Click here for alert</a>

When there's a large amount of data in the grid, and the user scrolls down the page to get to a row, and then clicks on one of those links that fires off the radConfirm, radPrompt, or radAlert:

1. In Firefox, the page resets to the top of the page and then properly shows the popup.
2. In IE, the page position stays the same, but the popup presumably shows at the top of the page. The net effect, since it is modal, is that the page basically disables and the user is not even able to scroll to the top of the page to get to the popup box.

Of course, the preferred behavior is to have the page stay in the same place (not scroll to the top) and have the popup centered.

I built a separate test application with the RadGrid and the popups and it works fine, so there's clearly something interfering with it in my much more complicated page where this happens.

It would be a nightmare to try and send you my current application, so I wanted to see if you knew of any reasons, probably from other client-side scripts, that could interfere with the RadWindow popups' ability to hold the screen position and center the popup.

In case it helps, I do attach to some JavaScript events, such as:

window.onload
window.onscroll
window.onclick
window.onkeypress
window.onbeforeunload

Could any of my other functions attached to those events cause the problem?

Thanks for your thoughts...

Don

George
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
2 answers
138 views
We just started using the Prometheus grid and are having some issues. We can not seem to get a grip on the auto generated columns.

We have a simply lookup table that we are using LINQ/SQL as the datasource. We want to use the grid as a simple quick and easy data entry form/list.  IE:  id (int seed), textfield (varchar(50), datetime (datetime)

Our issue is that there appears to be many several properties for autogenerating columns and we are not sure which ones to use. When we turn all of them on we get duplicate columns.  If I believe correctly one property creates the columns, but all of the editform boxes are textboxes, but when we turn on the other autogenerate columns we get duplicates, but now these are properly typed contols (which we want) IE:  the datetime textbox is a datetime control :) etc.



Also what is required to turn this grid into full ajax? As I thought this control had this built in?
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
4 answers
402 views
I must be overlooking something and I've been searching the forums trying everything I can find.

I have a master page which has RadScriptManager1.  This is by design and I have a RadComboBox in the master page as well.

In my content page I have a RadGrid (which should be irrelevant to this issue), a RadWindowManager1 which contains a single RadWindow, and a standard Button1.

When you click Button1, the OpenerElementID of my RadWindow should make the RadWindow open modal.

If I put the exact same code on a page that does not have master pages and obviously add a scriptmanager, it works perfect.  As soon as I do this when the content page inherits a master page, when I click the button, a postback occurs and no RadWindow appears.

Version: RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1425

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or things to try.
Zachary
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
6 answers
228 views
Hi

I am using the SizeToFit() javascript function to resize my RadWindow when it opens as per the

I have an AjaxManager which I use the ResponseScripts to execute GetRadWindow().Close(); after saving the changes server side.

The problem is that the RadWindow closes for a second then reopens.

If I remove the SizeToFit function, it works ok.

How can I get round this?

Thanks

Nick
mb
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?