Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
229 views
The code below is not able to show XAxis and YAxis labels despite setting all properties relevant to axis label.

        RadChart1.Width = 700;
        RadChart1.Height = 500;
        RadChart1.ChartTitle.TextBlock.Text = "Modalities QR Comparison";
        RadChart1.Skin = "WebBlue";
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AutoScale = false;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.MaxValue = 1.2000;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.MinValue = 0.0000;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.Step = 0.1000;
       
        RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.LabelAppearance.RotationAngle = -90;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Left = 100;

        SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection();
        SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand();
        DataSet ds = new DataSet();
        string connstr = "Server=ZCONC;uid=sa;pwd=zcon@123;database=QMS_Feb20;Connect Timeout=30";
        string ConnectionString = connstr;
        con.ConnectionString = ConnectionString;
        cmd = con.CreateCommand();
        con.Open();
        cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
        cmd.CommandText = "Department_Modalities_QR_Comparison";
        SqlDataAdapter ads = new SqlDataAdapter();
        cmd.Connection = con;
        ads.SelectCommand = cmd;
        ads.Fill(ds, "chart");
        con.Close();

        RadChart1.RemoveAllSeries();
        ChartSeries SR = RadChart1.CreateSeries("SR", Color.Fuchsia, Color.Fuchsia, ChartSeriesType.Bar);
        SR.DataYColumn = "SR";
        SR.Appearance.BarWidthPercent = 50;
        //QR.Appearance.TextAppearance.RotationAngle = -90;
        RadChart1.AddChartSeries(SR);
        RadChart1.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "ModalityTitle";

        DataView dv = ds.Tables[0].DefaultView;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.Visible = true;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Visible = true;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisMode = ChartYAxisMode.Normal;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.Appearance.Dimensions.AutoSize = false;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.Appearance.Dimensions.Height = 20;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.Appearance.Dimensions.Width = 400;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Appearance.Position.Auto = true;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Appearance.Position.AlignedPosition = Telerik.Charting.Styles.AlignedPositions.None;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Appearance.Position.Y = 200;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Appearance.Position.X = 0;
        RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Text = "Qaisys Rating";


        RadChart1.DataSource = dv;
        RadChart1.DataBind();

What shall I do in order to display the chart axis labels?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
1 answer
137 views
I've been able to add and delete nodes by attaching them to button click events, but I'm having an issue trying to figure out how to edit a node with a button click event.  I want this to happen on the button click because I want clicking on the node itself to fire a different event.  What is the easiest/cleanest way to do this?

Thanks.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
1 answer
82 views
I'm dynamically creating a RadDock with a RadEditor as it's content.

When clicking on the image manager, it's rendering strangely in that I can only see part of the image manager, most of the control is not visible including the borders and buttons.

If I drop an editor that's not dynamically created on the same page.  The image manager shows up correctly, even when called from the dynamically created editor.

How can I correct this?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
2 answers
112 views

Hi,

 I am evaluating the RADGrid.  I need to be able to pass the FILTERED results from the grid to another page. Is there a way to acces the FILTERED data in the Grid and save it into a session (or anything else) and read it on another page?

 Thanks,

Jakub

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
1 answer
100 views

Hello,

 I have a Prometheus grid with AutoGeneratedDeleteColumn and I am wondering if there is a direct way to attach rad window or alert popup on the delete button click event, so when a user clicks delete to get alert message.  

Thanks,
Ivo

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
0 answers
117 views

I have a treeview that shows nodes according to a users role.  if the user is not in the correct role I set visible = false on the node they should not see.  However if a node has several children and all children are set to visible = false, the actual rendered HTML still includes an empty <UL> where they would have been.  This causes a gap in the display.

I have come up with a workaround for anyone experiencing the same problem. You need to hook the treeview pre render as follows;

    protected void RadTreeView1_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        // Note that although we set nodes that should not be displayed to visible = false 
        // Telerik still displays the <UL> for an empty section, we have to actually remove the nodes   
        // from the collection in order to display correctly.  
        // We use GetAllNodes for this as it returns every node in the tree and we count backwards  
        // so as not to upset the collection when items are removed.  
        for (int i = ((RadTreeView)sender).GetAllNodes().Count - 1; i >= 0 ; i--)  
        {  
            if (((RadTreeView)sender).GetAllNodes()[i].Visible == false)  
            {  
                ((RadTreeView)sender).GetAllNodes()[i].Remove();  
            }  
        }  
    } 

This removes the nodes from the collection and displays correctly.

Darren
Darren Hall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 Mar 2008
9 answers
289 views
Hello,

This is in regards to the latest change you have made to the editor that allowed it to enter a single directory by default in the file managers.

It does as advertised and opens the directory in my application but when I just choose "Upload" and upload an image it actually places it in the root of the web application and not in the folder it has opened by default.

If I instead click the item that allows me to navigate up a folder and then double click the folder to go back to where it put me by default and then upload an image it goes into the expected folder.

string

[] paths = new string[] {
    "~/Uploads/
};

radEditor.ImageManager.UploadPaths = paths;

radEditor.ImageManager.DeletePaths = paths;

radEditor.ImageManager.ViewPaths = paths;


So my question is what am I doing wrong?

Eirik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
1 answer
137 views
Is there a better way to do this?

I have IconUrl="blank.gif" but it still keeps the 16x16 box spacing for the icon even though its "blank".  IconUrl="" leaves the default icon.

I want the text flush left and no icon for some windows.  Any ideas?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
1 answer
77 views
I get this error while refreshing the Scheduler from Resource View to any other view or within resource view while changing dates etc. I have my EnableViewState="false" for the scheduler.

And this error does not come up everytime. It comes randomly and don't know why? What properties should I set to prevent this error?

Could not find ResourceType selected for grouping. Please, check that the GroupBy attribute is properly set and a ResourceType with the same name exists.] Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.get_GroupingResources() +637 Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.get_ActiveView() +171 Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls(Boolean bindFromDataSource) +90 Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls() +9 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87 System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +21 System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +289 System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +289 System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +289 System.Web.UI.Page.FindControl(String id) +40 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +654
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
1 answer
147 views
EDIT-- My bad.  I'd overridden the HtmlTextWriter method in base page class , to return a XHtmlTextWriter (recommended to fix a search-agent/url-rewriting problem), which was wrecking the rendering of the editors.
Never mind :-P


A bit embarrassing to ask.. but, how do you clear saved settings/config of the editor on client?

I presume it's stored in a cookie..  I've cleared cookies, (and cache/tem files) every which way I can, in IE and Firefox.  Both browsers continue to render the editor with previous settings; expanded size, to be exact. 
(IE7/FF on Vista)  Does editor store cookies somewhere else?

Also.. I don't see the "RadEditorGlobalSerializeCookie" property for the Prometheus editor.  Is there a like-setting?

Thanks
David
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?