Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
105 views
At least in my IE7-- my install and Telerik Demos-- it requires a 2 clicks on the icon to open the floating toolbar.

David
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
2 answers
91 views
I am trying to replicate the functionality in the sample...http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Splitter/Examples/SP_SlideDirection/DefaultCS.aspx

But I cannot see the slidingpane's content unless the slidingpane is open.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Johnnie Washington
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
1 answer
236 views
I just downloaded the latest hotfix release and it contains a new scripts folder, where should this folder locate within an application?

And how shall I update the skins?

It's not clear which folders and files are actually needed for prometheus. At the beginning, only the dll were needed, and now slowly the skins and scripts folders are coming, but it's not clear how they should be updated. It was clear with the ASP .NET version, because there is always a folder radcontrol contains all of those.

Kindly clarify.
thanks -- Bidan
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
13 answers
556 views
The QSF examples use a TreeView with it's nodes defined in the markup.  I cannot get the ContextMenu to work with a databound treeview.  I have tried

1) Setting the ID of the context menu in the markup and then setting the contextmenuID for each node in the nodedatabound event
2) Remvoing the ID of the context menu and allowing every node to "automatically" use the only context menu that is defined
3) In both cases above, added a "dummy" node in the markup (which gets replaced when the control gets databound)

What's worse, the expand/collapse fails in all cases.

More info...

If I copy/paste the QSF treeview below my databound treeview, the context menu works for the QSF  treeview AND the expand/collapse works again for my treeview BUT the context menu still does not work for my treeview.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
6 answers
151 views
Hello,

In your StripFormattingOnPaste property documentation it says that the CSS member removes style attributes, but does it in fact clean out more? From what i can tell it also cleans out classes. Can you please give a more detailed description of what the CSS member cleans?

Thanks.
Espen G
Espen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
1 answer
168 views
If I have a complex page with many initiators and many updated controls, is there any benefit in cancelling the event (e.Cancelled = true) for all updates that i know are not going to occur, or does the ajaxmanager do this for me?
I see the AjaxSettingCreating/Created event fired for each AjaxManager setting and wondered what the point of it was? My assumption would of been that only those updated controls for the particular initiator would fire this event...?
At the moment my single page will have 6ish 3/4 screen panels, with only one being visible at one time, so I know that all defined initator/updates pairs for the 'other' 5 panels are never required.

Thanks,
Kevin.  
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
2 answers
149 views
Is there a way to prevent client side selection so that selection only occurs when I set it in the code behind at the server?  All my nodes postback and I don't want the node that has been clicked on to appear selected before the postback.  The reason is because I am highlighting the path to the node on postback and the selection path momentarily disappears when the new node is clicked on the client.

Thanks,

Darren.
Darren Hall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
2 answers
112 views
Hello,

I'm migrating big asp.net application from old controls to new prometheus sp1, and this is really painful, for example:
- old radnumerictextbox doesnt want to work at one site with new one (js functions has the same names i guess and new control is using js from old one generating some js errors),
- radcombobox with customtext doesnt have Value property,
- etc..

But I have one big problem, and I'm really tired becouse of it. I have main aspx, with some ascx controls inside loaded dynamically to asp:panel on page_load, in this ascx I use RadScriptBlock to fix problem with <%# %> tags.
I have RadToolbar that on click updates content of these panels by AjaxManager and i can't get this to work.. when i remove radscriptblock from ascx everything works as before migrating to Prometheus. Is any way to make it works? :(
possible
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
2 answers
186 views
Hi,

I have a few users that are recieving an access denied message everytime they attempt to access the image manager. We were previously having this issue when we set the "ImagesPaths" property to a specific library in a site collection, but we've decided to eliminate it. Users should only be managing libraries within their own sites.

I've included the ConfigFile.xml below.

- <configuration>
  <property name="AllowThumbGeneration">True</property>
  <property name="ConvertToXhtml">True</property>
  <property name="EnableDocking">False</property>
  <property name="ShowHtmlMode">True</property>
  <property name="ShowPreviewMode">False</property>
  <property name="StripAbsoluteAnchorPaths">True</property>
  <property name="StripAbsoluteImagesPaths">True</property>
  <property name="ToolbarMode">ShowOnFocus</property>
  <property name="ToolsWidth">800px</property>
  <property name="Skin">Default2006</property>
  </configuration>

Thanks,

Derek
George
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
9 answers
192 views

my chart breaks with a 404.0, the trace indicates a security problem or am I looking in the wrong place here?

Requested URL: http://localhost:80/Instructor/ChartImage.axd?UseSession=true&ChartID=0bc1d5b7-11f9-440a-bf3e-c93e2568abc8_chart_ctl05$RadChart2&imageFormat=Png&random=0.0629161610561033

Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Instructor\ChartImage.axd

Logon User: Anonymous

Logon Method: Anonymous

Handler: StaticFile

Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 05 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?