Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
327 views
I don't get any errors when using my development environment, but do experience the 'telerik undefined' problems reported in other threads when the site is published, but only on test pc's (IE6 sp2 + latest telerik promethius).
After a postback, then a refresh everything is fine.

I think my problem is related to the regular javascript that I place in my page. I am using a RadscriptBlock to enclose all the javascript functions. The javascript is within the <head> </head>section (I've tried moving it up and down)

Is there a  recommended placement or rules on how and where to place my javascript, with radscript or radcodeblock (i couldn't really get what the documentation was saying about the difference, it was a bit too thin for me)
I use the radscriptmanager & radstylesheetmanager as the first very two controls in the form.

When i change back to the asp:scriptmanager, i don't get any problems. But I would rather try to be more performant by using the rad controls, thats why i bought them :-)

any advice/help would be welcome

Thanks,
Kevin.
Remko
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
1 answer
154 views
I've got a Grid I am customizing and adding to a place holder control on a page. It seems as though setting AllowMultiRowSelection to true is causing the grid events to not fire. When I comment out the RadGrid1.AllowMultiRowSelection = true; line my ItemCommand event fires properly.

Any thoughts?

        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
            RadGrid1 = new RadGrid();  
 
            RadGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns = true;  
            RadGrid1.ItemCommand += new GridCommandEventHandler(LVRadGridView_ItemCommand);  
            RadGrid1.AllowMultiRowSelection = true;  
            RadGrid1.PagerStyle.Mode = GridPagerMode.NextPrevAndNumeric;  
            RadGrid1.ClientSettings.Selecting.AllowRowSelect = true;  
 
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.CommandItemDisplay = GridCommandItemDisplay.Top;  
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.AutoGenerateColumns = true;  
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ClientDataKeyNames = new string[] { "ID" };  
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.CommandItemTemplate = new FolderViewerCommandItemTemplate();  
 
            GridClientSelectColumn checkBoxColumn = new GridClientSelectColumn();  
            RadGrid1.Columns.Add(checkBoxColumn);  
 
            BindGrid();  
            PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(RadGrid1);  
        }  
 
        public void BindGrid()  
        {  
            DataTable tab = new DataTable();  
            tab.Columns.Add("ID");  
            tab.Columns.Add("Color");  
 
            tab.Rows.Add(1, "Red");  
            tab.Rows.Add(2, "Orange");  
            tab.Rows.Add(3, "Yellow");  
            tab.Rows.Add(4, "Green");  
            tab.Rows.Add(5, "Blue");  
 
            tab.AcceptChanges();  
 
            RadGrid1.DataSource = tab;  
            RadGrid1.DataBind();  
        }  
        void LVRadGridView_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)  
        {  
        ...  
        } 
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
2 answers
115 views
Hi,

Under certain circumstances I want to stop the user from changing the selection in the grid.  I have hooked up the OnRowSelecting and OnRowDeselecting events which will both check the value of a client-side variable to say whether the action can occur.  Here is an example of my client-side events code:

function GridRowSelecting( sender, eventArgs )  
{  
    if( CanSelectionChange() )  
    {     
        // .... do whatever I need to do  
        return true;  
    }  
      
    eventArgs.set_cancel( true );  
    return false;  
}  
 
function GridRowDeselecting( sender, eventArgs )  
{  
    if( CanSelectionChange() )  
    {     
        // .... do whatever I need to do  
        return true;  
    }  
      
    eventArgs.set_cancel( true );  
    return false;  
}  
 

This works fine for selecting - the event is cancelled and the new selection is not accepted.  However, when there is already an item selected in the grid, attempting to select another item results in the first item being deselected prior to the new item being selected.  The GridRowDeselecting event is correctly entered and the function chooses to disallow the deselection by setting set_cancel.  This then results in an IE popup window stating that the script has become unresponsive, and upon debugging the JavaScript, using set_cancel results in the OnRowDeselecting event infinitely firing and eventually the application breaks.

Can anyone suggest a reason why this is?  Am I cancelling the deselection event correctly?
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
1 answer
118 views
Just curious if there is a built in way to accomplish this or if I need to manually grab/store the coordinates on a client event?  Thanks.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
2 answers
241 views
Hi;

Is there a way to show full editor or specify tools file to the GridHTMLEditorColumn of RadGrid. Like in this example various column examples editor has very limited options.

Thx for help

Regards
Azhar
Azhar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
1 answer
102 views
Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble AJAX-ing a sign-up page which is based on the CreateUserWizard control.  I'm coding in VS2008 but the site is targeted for .NET 2.0.  I've AJAX-ed a bunch of page already but this one causes me issues.  The set-up is the following:  RadAjaxManager and RadScriptManager in a master page, and a RadAjaxManagerProxy in the actual sign-up page which inherits the master page.  I do the following setup in Page_Load:

RadAjaxManagerProxy1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(CreateUserWizard1, CreateUserWizard1, RadAjaxLoadingPanel1);

When I click next in the wizard the loading panel works properly, but when the everything is finished it stays no the same (first) page.  I tried to just wrap the control in a RadAjaxPanel but the AJAX does not work at all in that case.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,
Eugene
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
1 answer
157 views
How do I make a simple multiline tooltip on a RadTreeNode?

I have tried to add "\n", "\r", "<br/>" between the 2 lines but with no luck.

What am I missing?

Thanks - Kevin
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
3 answers
175 views
I have a simple test with two buttons and two x asp:panel, a raddatepicker is inside panel2 .
 Ajax manager has both buttons as initiator and both panels as updated controls.
If in the page load i set both panels initially to invisibile. Then button1 server side code sets the culture for the datepicker to "nl-NL" (or any other..), turns the visibilty of panel1=true (nothing in it for the purpose of this example) but does not set the visibility on for panel 2 (so still not visible).
Button2 code behind sets the visibility=true for the panel2, the datepicker is also now visible, turns panel1 visibility=false.
drop the calendar down, and the culture is not set.
Click the button1 again which executes the same culture settings (i tried all three, raddatepicker.culture, raddatepicker.calendar.cultureinfo & raddatepicker.dateinput.cultureinfo) and switches the panel visibility, Click button2, datepicker now visible with correct culture setting.
I gues this has something to do with the fact that panel2 has never been visible until the second button1 click, but I don't know how to work around this.
Any help?

Thanks,
Kevin.
p.s i'm using the latest promthius version
p.p.s using normal full calendar control works.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
1 answer
202 views
I am tryign to migrate from RadGrid for ASP.net to RadGrid Prometheus and having an issue.  I used to get Key Values like this

Protected Sub rgPartners_EditCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As GridCommandEventArgs)

'Get the value from the Grid column

Dim key As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Me.rgPartners.MasterTableView.Items(e.Item.ItemIndex)("PartnerID").Text)

Session(

"editKey") = key

Server.Transfer(partnerdetails.aspx,

True)

End Sub


But this prodcues an error (below) in prometheus version.  How do I got about this in the new grid?

Error:
Compiler Error Message: BC30408: Method 'Protected Sub rgPartners_EditCommand(source As Object, e As Telerik.WebControls.GridCommandEventArgs)' does not have the same signature as delegate 'Delegate Sub GridCommandEventHandler(source As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs)'.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2008
12 answers
285 views
Recently upgraded to build 1314, but I have been having issues with Skins for the Date and Time pickers in 1310 as well.

I have a theme setup for the application and when I set EnableEmbeddedSkins = false for the date and time pickers the image shows as a red x, when I set this to true it displays fine.

In the 1310 release even with EnableEmbeddedSkins set to true I was able to style the input textbox for the date picker with borders, font size, etc.  In 1314 whether it is true or false it doesn't take any custom css settings.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to style the input boxes for the date and time pickers?  Most of the documentation I have read talks about the calendar and not the pickers.

Thanks for the help,

Greg
Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?