Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
109 views
Hello,

I would like to use different user controls in edit mode for selected item

In my scenario I have rad grid filled with some users.
To edit user data I use custom UserControl (ascx) wich handles the editing.

I would like to add another column "edit rights", so I would have two commands for each user: "edit profile" and "edit rights".

1) edit profile (edit_profile.ascx) works fine, but how to hook up "edit rights" to use second ascx (edit_rights.ascx) in edit mode?
2) as alternative I would like to have only one edit button in rad grid, and in User control that loads (edit_rights.ascx) I would have some button that switches user control to second one (edit_rights.ascx)

Thank you
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
5 answers
200 views
In myTtreeView do not popup needed ContextMenu with ServerSideCallBack node-expand mode. InServerSide mode all work fine :(

Code below:

 In node_Expand  Event:
(all nodes in ServerSideCallBack mode)
... 
Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode node = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode(proj.Name); 
node.ContextMenuID = "trvContextInstallation"; 
... 
 

On client trvContextInstallation-Context menu do not fired.

TreeView Context menus markup bellow:
                    <ContextMenus> 
                    <telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu id="trvContextProject" runat="server" Flow="Horizontal"> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem  text="Открыть изменения проекта" Value="cmdProjOpenChanges" ExpandMode="ClientSide" runat="server"> 
                                <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" /> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                        </Items> 
                        <DefaultGroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" /> 
                        <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                        <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
                    </telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu> 
                    <telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu id="trvContextInstallation" runat="server" Flow="Horizontal"> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem  text="Открыть изменения инсталляции" Value="cmdInstallationOpenChanges" ExpandMode="ClientSide" runat="server"> 
                                <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" /> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                        </Items> 
                        <DefaultGroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" /> 
                        <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                        <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
                    </telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu>                     
                    </ContextMenus>                     
 

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
1 answer
245 views
Hi, I have been researching some drag and drop stuff with the radgrid and wanted to see if the concepts would work in Prometheus (since all the examples I have found on the forums have been for the old version).

Frequently in the code, the following javascript is used:

function RowCreated(rowObject)
{
    ...your code etc.
}

and the rowObject is an instance of the RadGridTableRow class if I am not mistaken.

My question is how do I access all the elements (especially ItemType and Control) that were in the RadGridTableRow class such as:
Public Property Type String
Public Property ItemType String
Public Property Owner RadGridTable Object
Public Property Control HTML TableRow element
Public Property Index Array
Public Property Display Boolean
Public Property RealIndex Integer
Public Property KeyValues Array
Public Property Expanded Boolean
from the event handler as it works in Prometheus?
function RowCreated(sender, eventArgs)
{
    ...your code etc.
}

Thanks
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
1 answer
64 views
So how does the resource work exactly??
Say for example I link the scheduler up to an ObjectDataSource and only have a select and update type function in the ODS. I have one resource in the scheduler. When I debug and see it drop into the update function and stop at a break point in the ODS way before a commit would take place. Even though I kill the debug session the resource gets updated?? Maybe it is just my lack of visStudio knowledge but every other case that I have ever restarted or killed the debug session any further code is not executed. What am I missing here.

Thanks, 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
3 answers
167 views
I just places a radEditor on form, when I start the page I get error message about missing spell checker files. I do not need spell checking, so how can I disable spellchecking?

I find a way in documentation to define the toolbar, but how can I remove the status bar (buttons to zoom, and switsh between text and HTML)?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
1 answer
122 views
I am looking to see if this is even possible.  I would like to have a button in a row of the grid (normal mode (not edit mode) that a user can click to change a value up or down for that row.  I figure I can use the itemdatabound event to wire of the event etc. But I am unsure of how i can get access to the row I am on to change the needed value?  If even possible.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
2 answers
1,000 views
Hi,

I just wonder if Telerik Prometheus has similar control or features like Accordion provided by AjaxControlToolkit? 

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Accordion/Accordion.aspx


Chris
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
6 answers
862 views
Hello,

I'm using the newest Prometheus version  2007.3 1425.

Using the example from the documentation does not work.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox2" runat="server" Height="190px" Width="350px"> 
    <ItemTemplate> 
        <table> 
            <tr> 
                <td> 
                    Test 
                </td> 
                <td> 
                    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Text")%> 
                </td> 
            </tr> 
        </table> 
    </ItemTemplate> 
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem 
            Text="Winter"> 
        </telerik:RadComboBoxItem> 
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem 
            Text="Fall"> 
        </telerik:RadComboBoxItem> 
    </Items> 
</telerik:RadComboBox>   

The textfield ist not displayed in the dropdown. What do I wrong?

Thanks and kind regards,

Phil
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Mar 2008
1 answer
155 views
Hello

I have a senario where we want to update some textboxes and we dont know wich until we are in the codebehind, and we dont want to set the ajaxsettings to update all textboxes.

I tried to do like this RadAjaxManager1.ResponseScript.add(script);

where script is $find('" + txtTest.ClientID + "').set_Value = 'test';

but I get null from the $find. Cant you referense like this. If i take the same code on a test page on button click then it works, but not with RadAjaxManager1.ResponseScript.add.

What am i doning wrong. Is there another solution to my problem. Can you in the codebehind say exaktly wich textboxes that should be updated.




Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2008
3 answers
535 views
Hi all,

Still learning the RadControls, especially the RadGrid at the moment.


I am developing a website with a number of grids on it.  Each grid is populated using LINQ to SQL.  I am more than happy doing this and it works well.

My problem is the insert/update/delete process.  I have looked at a few examples on the live demonstrations and searched through the relevant chm files but I cannot find anything that tells me how I should be going about my insert/update/deletes.

First of all, I have a few questions if anyone has a spare 5 minutes to help me understand this properly (or can point me to documentation that covers it):
  1. What is the difference between using the AutoGenerateDeleteColumn/AutoGenerateEditColumn and creating one manually in the Columns tag?
  2. Can someone explain the difference between all the different Insert/Update/Delete events:
  3. What are the OnDeleteCommand / OnEditCommand / OnUpdateCommand / OnInsertCommand for - when are they triggered?
  4. What are the OnItemCreated / OnItemInserted / OnItemUpdated / OnItemDeleted events and when are they triggered?
  5. Has anyone got any specific pointers or tips on how to integrate the RadGrid with LINQ to SQL (specifically when using StoredProcedures to perfrom the SELECT / INSERT / UPDATE / DELETE commands?
Many thanks in advance, any help greatly appreciated!


Drammy
Missing User
 answered on 08 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?