Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
180 views
Hello,
I am using Rad combo box control and I want to populate it, initially, with only one default option and upon clicking on the drop-arrow image to populate the remaining items. However, it looks like the ItemsRequested event is not fired when there is one item in the combo box (the event is fired when there aren’t any items in the control).
Is there a way to get this event fired in my scenario?

Thanks,
Ivo
Ivo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
8 answers
269 views
Hi, I'm following the example about returning values from a dialog and I found an issue when changing the way in which I get the specified value from the dialog.

The example is working fine when I use
//Variant1: Passing the argument to the close method will result in the same behavior
 oWindow.close(oNewText);

Since I need to use the ClientCallBackFunction, I have replaced the above line with this one:

 //Variant2: Invoke the calback function, pass it the result as an argument
oWindow.CallBack(oNewText);

However, I'm getting an error on this line when trying to execute it.

Do you have any idea what's going on here ?


Thanks,

François.
rcbarth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
2 answers
233 views
I'm using a series of RadNumericTextBox controls in a RadGrid GridTemplateColumn's EditItemTemplate. Even if I set the HorizontalAlign to Right, the value still appears aligned to the left of the box. Is there a way to force the values to appear on the right side of the box on entry?

Here's the markup of my control:

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="FooEdit" runat="server" Type="Number" Width="70px" MinValue="0" > 
     <EnabledStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" /> 
     <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" /> 
</telerik:RadNumericTextBox> 

Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
1 answer
159 views
How can we set the distance or gap between individual bars or chartseriesitems? Also when we set activeregion->tooltip property, can we use any skins to show various stylish tooltips as we hv in case of radtooltip? I would also like to add tooltip to a marked zone by finding out its active region. Right now rad chart doesnt support tooltip for marked zone. But is there any way or any logic can be written to achive this functionality?
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
2 answers
101 views
Hi there,

I have put in the latest Prometheus release version 2007.3.1425 into my environment.  Ajax Proxy stop working anymore from my user controls in DNN.
My previous version 2007.3.1314 works.  Please help.

Chris
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
2 answers
93 views
Is there a way to know over which zone a dock is while dragging it?

That way I can display a message informing the user that the dock cannot be moved into that specific zone.

Thanks,
Gabriel Beauchamp
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
1 answer
142 views
I have just signed in the Client.net and  downloaded the trial version of RadControls Q3 2007 SP2 trial.exe and RadControls Prometheus, then I started the visual studio 2005 program (with AjaxControlExtension and .net Framework 2.0 already installed), then I opened an exsiting web site from an folder(including the RadControls folder in the root) in my hardisk which was created by my teamates and  copied to mine computer. I just find a problem, that when I try to open the master page in design view, there appears "error creating controls"----for RadScriptManager and RadStyleSheet and Rad Splitter with message "unregnized tag..." "adding reference to System.Web.UI..."

what should I do to solve the problem? Hope any help...
George
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
3 answers
351 views
Hi,
I seem to be having issues with the speed of the RadGrid (and other various controls) rendering on the screen and populating with data. I know that it is not a server side issue.
When loading a page containing a rad grid the rad grid displays, but their is a noticeable delay before we are able to make changes on it ... it seems to lag. This is also true for pages which have a number of RadTextBox's and RadComboBox's on them.

The controls will render on the screen, but the data will not be in them until 1-2 seconds later ... there is no post back or ajax call happening at this time

Does anyone have any idea? There is no specific example for this, it seems to happen on most pages which need to render more than 5 rad controls, or on a rad grid which uses simple item templates
Thanks,
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
1 answer
79 views
I believe I saw a sample application of having a RadGrid with data, opening a RadWindow, editing or inserting new data, then when the RadWindow closes, the RadGrid refreshes.  This was all done with Ajax so there was no full page refresh.

I'm having trouble doing this the "Prometheus" way.  Does anyone have a sample application that they could post which does this?

A page that displays a radgrid
A RadWindow that opens and adds data to the radgrid datasource
A button the RadWindow that closes the RadWindow and refreshes the RadGrid
All through Ajax so there is no full page refresh

If someone could post this so I can review, I think it would really make things "click" for me.

thanks!
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
2 answers
155 views
When adding a hierarchy of nodes server-side to a tree and then calling leafNode.ExpandParentNodes(), each parent node renders as [+] instead of [-].

Then clicking on the (invalid) plus sign to collapse the branch does nothing on the first click.On the second click it still does not collapse the branch, but it switches the graphic from [+] to [-]. On the third click it collapses the node and thereafter expands\collapses will work normally for that particular branch.

This behavior is in the most recent Prometheus update and the previous version as well.


Terry
terrysmith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?