Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
165 views
How can i remove a treenode through a contextmenu via clientside and serverside?

Right now i only can get it working on the cleintside but i also need it on Serverside. The RadTreeView1_ContextMenuItemClick is ignored as soon as i have the clientside working. If i remove the clientside code for the MenuItems the Serverside only works for the "New Folder". It seems "delete" never gets to the cleintside....
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
80 views
I am using the following to automatically dock certain panes:

function beforeExpand(sender,eventArgs)   
{   
   var slidingZone = $find("<%= RadSlidingZone1.ClientID %>");   
   slidingZone.dockPane(sender.get_id());   
   eventArgs.set_cancel(true);   
}  


<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="RadSlidingPane4" runat="server" Title="Test" Width="100%" Scrolling="None" Height="405"  OnClientBeforeExpand="beforeExpand"  > 

In FireFox the "pin" icon shows the pane as "pinned".  In IE, the pin is not visible and you cannot close the pane.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Brent




Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
142 views

Hello Everyone,

I want to connect Telirik Promethes RadSchedular with MySQL, is it possible. If possible then do tell me some online example.

Most of the Company support/provided tools for connectivity with ADO and not supporting in scheduler.

If its supporting properly and all the relevant tools are there then kindly tell me online examples, enabling me to decide for purchasing.

Regards,
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
6 answers
197 views
Hi,

I've built a new page with the following code, but when I run the project, I can not select the dock to move. it acts as a static page and the text is selected rather than the control acting like a window.

Also I can't seem to get any of the examples working. When I paste the aspx and vb code in, they return a whole lot of errors every time which I have to play with till I have them all resolved, then they don't work like they should. There must be some step I'm missing in the project.

Example aspx not playing fair(no specific vb code):


<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Test.aspx.vb" Inherits="Test" %>

<%@ register tagprefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml11/dtd/xhtml11.dtd">

<html>
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
</head>
<body class="BODY">
    <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
        <telerik:radscriptmanager id="ScriptManager" runat="server" />
        <br />
        <telerik:raddocklayout runat="server" id="RadDockLayout1">
            Docking Zone 1
            <telerik:raddockzone runat="server" id="RadDockZone1" width="330" minheight="250">
                <telerik:raddock runat="server" id="RadDock1" title="doc box 1">
                    <contenttemplate>
                        <div style="padding: 15px;">
                            RadDock control 1.<br />
                            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                        </div>
                    </contenttemplate>   
                </telerik:raddock>
                <telerik:raddock runat="server" id="RadDock2" title="dick box 2">
                    <contenttemplate>
                        <div style="padding: 15px;">
                            RadDock control 1.<br />
                            <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
                        </div>
                    </contenttemplate>   
                </telerik:raddock>
            </telerik:raddockzone>
        </telerik:raddocklayout>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Kia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
15 answers
546 views
Hello

We are working on a WSS 3.0 SP1 env (version 12.0.0.6219), not MOSS.  We have installed RadEditor 4_5_0. 
The ImageBrowser is not working, when we click on the image icone, the  following error message appears:

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Invalid URL: /. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace  .......

When I modify the ListConfigFile.xml to add the following :
  <property name="ImagesPaths">
    <item></item>
  </property>
The ImageManager loads well but there are no picture library in the list so it is not very useful (See post from Ivar).

If I add :
  <property name="ImagesPaths">
    <item>SiteCollectionImages</item>
  </property>
or any existing Picture Library on the current site I get te same error as before ("Invalid URL: /.")

On another Enviroment where we did not install WSS 3.0 SP1 (version 12.0.0.4518), the ImageManager works well: the issue is really with SP1.

Any idea anyone?
Thanks

Rémi

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
129 views
Repost as this was (incorrectly) moved into Silverlight forum.


Hi all,
I have a heavily ajaxified webform. Some of the controls are: accordion panel, radgrids inside each accordion pane and a user control that hosts a silverlight viewer.

My accordion panes load-on-demand when the panel is clicked (via AjaxEvent). When I click a grid row, the page content (eg, accordion panel and silverlight control) are updated, again, via AjaxEvent.

I have used AddAjaxSetting to ajaxify the relevant controls (with RadAjaxManager as initiating control for all).

The problem is that I only want to update the silverlight control under certain circumstances (ie, when particular grids are clicked in the accordion). The other problem I have is that because RadAjaxManager is the initiating control for the silverlight control, silverlight gets updated just when I'm expanding an accordion - I only want it to happen when a row is clicked in one of the grids.

Anyone know how to get around this? If I could have more than one RadAjaxManager on the form this would work because I could use separate ones for different types of request.

I'm stuck and any help appreciated

Cheers,
Daron

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
491 views
Hi

How would i set up a rad date picker so that the maximum date the user can enter is today's date. Ideally i would like the calendar control to prevent the user from navigating to any days after today. For example on a calendar for today, March 11th, all the days after march 11th would be greyed out and the next month button would be disabled. I would also like it if the user typed a date after today the date is shown in red in the textbox.

thanks very much
andrea
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
164 views
Hi.  I'm trying to show the inplace edit template of a detail table 1 level down from the MasterTableView and I'm having difficulties.  I've tried using the example at..

http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/submission/b311D-keegd.aspx

but that seems to not work with the Prometheus Grid.  I've also tried modifying the code sample on the demos page for double click editing but that is only for non hierarchy grids.   

Here is the current script for non hierarchy grids that I am trying to use.  Can anybody give me any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks

        <script type="text/javascript">  
        <!--  
         var hasChanges, inputs, dropdowns, editedRow;  
              
         function RowClick(sender, eventArgs)  
         {  
             if(editedRow != null && hasChanges)  
             {  
                 if(confirm("Update changes?"))  
                 {  
                     hasChanges = false;  
                     $find("<%= grdChecklist.MasterTableView.ClientID %>").updateItem(editedRow);  
                 }  
                 else 
                 {  
                     hasChanges = false;  
                 }  
             }  
         }  
 
         function RowDblClick(sender, eventArgs)  
         {  
                if(editedRow && hasChanges)  
             {      
                 if(confirm("Update changes?"))  
                 {  
                     hasChanges = false;  
                     $find("<%= grdChecklist.MasterTableView.ClientID %>").updateItem(editedRow);  
                 }  
                 else 
                 {  
                     hasChanges = false;  
                 }  
             }  
             editedRow = eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical();  
             $find("<%= grdChecklist.MasterTableView.ClientID %>").editItem(editedRow);  
         }  
 
         function GridCreated(sender, eventArgs)  
         {  
         var gridElement = sender.get_element();  
         var elementsToUse = [];  
             inputs = gridElement.getElementsByTagName("input");  
             for (var i = 0; i < inputs.length;i++)  
             {  
             if(inputs[i].type.toLowerCase() == "hidden")  
             {  
                        continue;  
             }  
                   
             Array.add(elementsToUse, inputs[i]);  
                 inputs[i].onchange = TrackChanges;  
             }  
                  
             dropdowns = gridElement.getElementsByTagName("select");  
             for (var i = 0; i < dropdowns.length;i++)  
             {  
                 dropdowns[i].onchange = TrackChanges;  
             }  
 
             setTimeout(function(){if(elementsToUse[0])elementsToUse[0].focus();},100);  
         }  
 
         function TrackChanges(e)  
         {  
             hasChanges = true;  
         }  
     -->      
    </script> 
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
190 views
Hi there, I am using a radgrid within an iframe. The grid is very wide and scrolls the iframe out to the right. I have turned off grid settings for scrolling and saving scroll position. So we just scroll with the iframe. I really have 2 issues.

First is that when I do an Ajax call and Radgrid.Rebind() I try to set the iframe's scroll position back to default (0,0) in the case you are scrolled off the page to the right. So when you refresh the scroll goes to (0,0) then after the rebind finishes the scroll position goes back to its saved position creating a scroll to the left then back to where it was almost like a flicker. How can I prevent this? I am using the same settings as I used pre-Prometheus and this wasn't an issue. Thanks.

The second issue is that our loading panel does extend all the way out to the right where the grid is off the page. So if you scroll all the way right and hit refresh you see only half of the loading panel. How can I extend the panel to always cover the whole grid or whole page? Thanks you for you help. 
Missing User
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
3 answers
191 views
Hello,

I have a special scenario: A RadWindow is startet from the main parent-page through an RadWindowManager from a Button in a RadPane. Inside the RadWindow there is a form and an OK-Button. After pressing OK, there is some server-side Code being processed. In case of success the Radwindow should close (so far I'm done).

But now the main parent-page should refresh a special element (e.g. a RadGrid) in the pane (not the main parent-page but only in case of success.

Is such an scenario possible? Do you have a hint to do so?

I think I have to search for a way to communicate success from the RadWindow to the RadPane...

Thank you and kind regards,

Phil
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?