Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
155 views
Hi,

We are facing problem while aligning 3-levels of hierachical detail tables in RadGrid. One solution we have thought is to align the expand-collapse column with the first column of parent table but we are not able to figure out how we can implement it.

Please help us in this scenario.

Regards,
Bhanu
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2008
3 answers
165 views
I'm creating docks dynamically and trying to add a RadMenu, created in code, to the dock content.  I'm receiving the following error:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Script controls may not be registered after PreRender

The code that creates it is very simple:



else if (dockType == "Menu")  
{  
    dock = new RadDock();  
    RadMenu menu = new RadMenu();  
    menu.Items.Add(new RadMenuItem("Home"));  
    menu.Items.Add(new RadMenuItem("Benefits"));  
    menu.Items.Add(new RadMenuItem("Personal"));  
    menu.Items.Add(new RadMenuItem("Custom"));  
    dock.ContentContainer.Controls.Add(menu);  
} 

All other manner of controls and user controls work fine, but this is the first time I'm attempting to dynamically add a telerik control inside the dock.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2008
1 answer
78 views
Hi there,
I'm having troubles with the GridClientSelectColumn.
I'll expose you my problem so that you can easily understand:

I have a simple grid that has a GridClientSelectColumn as first column.
now, I put a button outside the grid that when is pressed needs to redirect to a certain URL by passing to it a list of the IDs corresponding to each row.
so:

------------------
MyGrid structure |
--------------+-------+-----+-----+-----+
checkColumn | DocID | Stuff |Stuff | Stuff  |
--------------+-------+-----+-----+-----+

outside of this as I said before I have an an
"asp:LinkButton"

so the main goal for me should be When I check / uncheck a checkbox I need to collect in a List of strings the "DocID", so that I can pass it to my url in a second time.

hope I made myself clear.

thanks in advance
cheerz

-k-
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Mar 2008
2 answers
267 views
How do you turn off RadToolTipManager auto 'tooltipify' all HTML elements?

I'm using radtooltipmanager to tooltipify hyperlinks inside radgrid, and this works great. However, when there is no record in the grid, then it automatically tooltipifies all elements on the page, which is undesireable in this case.

Thanks.
HHalim
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
3 answers
207 views
What is the suggested approach to cancel a window from being closed?

The scenario we would like to implement is the following:

- the user clicks on X to close the Window
- we initiate a callback to the page that lives inside the window to make sure the window can be closed in it's current state
- if the server page notifies that the Window cannot be closed, keep the window opened

Since there is only a closed event and no closing event, how can we implement this scenario?

Thank you
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
3 answers
312 views
After migrating our RadWindows to Prometheus I'm experiencing a problem I think is related to caching.

I have a window template defined on the master page, and two buttons on a web page, each of which launch a different dialog using that window template. When I click one and then the other I can see the previous dialog in the RadWindow for a split-second (along with its title in the title bar) before the new dialog paints itself. I believe it's displaying a cached copy of the previous window.

The HTML pages that display as RadWindow dialogs each inherit from a dialog master page with the following in the <head> tag:
    <meta http-equiv="CACHE-CONTROL" content="NO-CACHE" />
    <meta http-equiv="PRAGMA" content="NO-CACHE" />
    <meta http-equiv="EXPIRES" content="-1" />

So they shouldn't be cached, but it appears like they are. Can I do something to eliminate the refresh issue? Is there a way to not display the RadWindow until its finished downloading?

Thank you,
Terry
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
127 views
Hello,

    I'm using Rad Editor (Prometheus) in my page which is loaded dynamically by using Ajax. But the loading occurs too slow. Is there any way to load the editor as fast as possible. Is there any specific property that i have to enable or disable to achieve this?.

Regards,
Reethish
George
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
2 answers
305 views
In the RadControls for ASP.NET version, I was able to select a row when a user right clicked for a context menu using the ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu event:

function CabinetRowContextMenu(index, e)  
{  
     document.getElementById("radGridClickedRowIndex").value = index;  
     var menu = <%= rmCabinets.ClientID %>;  
     menu.Show(e);  
                  
     e.cancelBubble = true;  
     e.returnValue = false;  
 
     if (e.stopPropagation)  
     {  
          e.stopPropagation();  
          e.preventDefault();  
     }  
     this.SelectRow(this.Rows[index].Control, true);  
}  
 

I was also able to get the row index of the selected row using:
rgItemCategories.MasterTableView.SelectedRows[0].Index 

I assumed that the following was the equivalent for Prometheus:
var rgCabinets = $find("<%= rgCabinets.MasterTableView.ClientID %>");  
var selectedItems = rgCabinets.get_selectedItems();  
 
selectedItems[0].get_index(); 
 
But that doesn't seem to work and the documentation online does not have a valid page for this property/method.

How can I achieve these 2 things?

Seth
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
4 answers
134 views
I have extremely simple page just ScriptManager SQLdatasource and Prometheus RadGrid on it.
When I try to acces the page I get following error:
Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager' is null or not an object

Processing breaks on this statement

var _5=Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance();

in the ScriptResource.axd

What is the problem?

I have Prometheus RADUpload on a different page and it works fine (I setup the application for AJAX), I have other "Ajaxified" grids (Infragistics) on other pages in the same application and all work fine except RadGrid.
What am I doing wrong?
WinXP Pro, VS2005, IIS on localhost

Thanks,
Jakub
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
127 views
I have a webpage with a RadGrid which uses a modal RadWindow (let's call it Window1) as the details edit page. On that edit page, there's a button that will popup another modal RadWindow (let's call it Window2) to populate an item on Window1.

The problem is that Window2 appears behind Window 1 and I have to click on Window2 to bring it to the foreground.

I tried to set Window2 to active prior to calling show() but that had no effect. As well, I thought that since Window2 was modal, I would not be able to select Window1 (which is what I wanted). But since Window1 is also modal, I wasn't sure what to expect.

My setup has both Window1 and Window2 defined on the page with the RadGrid. Window2 is invoked with the following code:

    var oManager = GetRadWindow().get_WindowManager();  
   
    var oWnd = oManager.GetWindowByName('Window2');  
    oWnd.setUrl('Common/EmployeePicker.aspx?employeeType=Manager');    
    oWnd.setActive(true);      
    oWnd.show(); 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?