Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
131 views
Hey,

I have a case where the third level of a hierarchic Radgrid need to open a radwindow. I tried many approches but none were successful.

I tried opening a new window to a radwindowmanager on the button click but it seems that everytime the page render, it deletes it because if I try a second time, the radwindowmanager does not contain the window anymore.

I also tried to declare de radwindow in a radwindowmanager directly in the aspx and just change the 'VisibleOnPageLoad' attribut when needed. Again, when the page render it resets the attributs because second time I try the attrbut I just change de first for true is now false.

It seems like whatever I do the modification I do in codebehind are flushed.

Thanks in advance
George
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
158 views
Hi

I need to write a custom skin for a rad slider. I have downloaded prometheus and installed the documentation. There is a section called advanced skinning which points here

ms-help://telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/Skinning.html

but this page contains no information.

Is there any documentation to explain the html structure of the slider like there is for the other rad asp.net controls?

thanks
andrea
Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
54 views
I have not licensed any of the controls, but I noticed in the demos that the tree-controls that leverage AJAX are all standard 'folder' images.   Can the images that are generated in the tree be dynamically created? i.e. different images for different sub-nodes, etc.

This is probably a very dumb question, but I'm trying to determine if this will meet our needs.

Thanks!
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
203 views
I have a delete button inside the node template (which I am building programmatically similar to your example). I hook up the event handler for that button click but it never gets fired. Is this possible or does the TreeView eat all events for it's controls?
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
235 views
Hi,

I receive the following error:

invalid operation exception 
 
error message  = script controls cannot be registered before prerender 
 
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptControl[TScriptControl](TScriptControl scriptControl) 
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScriptControl[TScriptControl](TScriptControl scriptControl) 
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxPanel.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) 
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() 
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() 
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() 
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() 
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() 
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 
 
 


when referencing the following page:

     <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="../StandardTemplate.master" CodeBehind="CheckReq.aspx.vb" Inherits="Asi.AP.Web.CheckReq" %> 
 
<asp:Content id="body" contentPlaceHolderID="body" runat="server"> 
     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/> 
      
 
    <telerik:RadAjaxPanel id="ajaxPanel" width="95%" runat="server" > 
         <asp:Button id="complete" style="display:none" runat="server" /> 
          
         <asp:Panel id="validationSummaryPanel" visible="false" runat="server" >   
                <spring:ValidationSummary id="validationSummary" runat="server" /> 
         </asp:Panel> 
          
          <radts:RadTabStrip id="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" skinspath="/lxr2005/asi.ap.web/web/images/radskins/radtabstrip" 
          Skin="Office2007" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" 
                    SelectedIndex="0"> 
                <Tabs> 
                    <radts:Tab Text="Check Request" ></radts:Tab> 
                    <radts:Tab Text="Allocations" ></radts:Tab> 
                </Tabs> 
           </radts:RadTabStrip> 
                
           <radts:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" width="95%" SelectedIndex="0" runat="server"> 
            
               <radts:PageView ID="PV1" runat="server"> 
                
 
                    <asi:ItemList id="L0" runat="server" /> 
 
                
               </radts:PageView> 
                
               <radts:PageView ID="PageView1" runat="server"> 
                
                   <asi:AllocationGrid id="AG"  runat="server" /> 
                    
               </radts:PageView> 
                
           </radts:RadMultiPage> 
          
        <asi:ActionBar id="actionBar"  runat="server" /> 
         
    </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
   
</asp:Content> 

The ItemList control is the problem. This control is a server control that creates many nested controls based on an xml definition. When I nest this control inside an asp:Panel, the problem goes away. However, when building the radstrip and pageviews in code, the problem remains even if I nest the ItemList in a Panel,  so it seems that there is a subtle difference between asp.net creation and building the controls at page init. What is the root problem here?

Thanks,

Alan Polk
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
1 answer
226 views
When using the Prometheus RadAjaxManager and RadAjaxManagerProxy, I am having trouble with the Div wrapper placed around elements that are listed as an UpdateControl in the RadAjaxManager control.

Here is the basic code from a plain page:

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server"> 
  <AjaxSettings> 
    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button1"> 
      <UpdatedControls> 
        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Button1" /> 
        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Button2" /> 
      </UpdatedControls> 
    </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button2"> 
      <UpdatedControls> 
        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Button1" /> 
        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Button2" /> 
      </UpdatedControls> 
    </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
  </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
<table style="width: 100%;"> 
  <tr> 
    <td style="width: 100%"> 
      <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" /> 
      <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Text="Button" /> 
    </td> 
  </tr> 
</table> 

This causes the buttons to wrap onto separate lines.  The output HTML looks like this:

<table style="width: 100%;"> 
  <tr> 
    <td style="width: 100%"> 
      <div id="Button1Panel"> 
    <input type="button" name="Button1" value="Button" onclick="javascript:__doPostBack('Button1','')" id="Button1" /> 
</div> 
      <div id="Button2Panel"> 
    <input type="button" name="Button2" value="Button" onclick="javascript:__doPostBack('Button2','')" id="Button2" /> 
</div> 
    </td> 
  </tr> 
</table> 

Is there a way to force the Div wrappers to have a style of "display:inline;" to prevent the line break from occurring?

--David

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
3 answers
110 views
I have two web apps which use the RadEditor inside of a RadAjaxPanel.  They were working fine in release 2007_3_1314, but I recently updated to the 2007_3_1425 release and now the RadEditor works fine in IE 7 but not in Firefox 2.0.0.11+.  While the RadAjaxPanel is enabled, when I make changes inside of the editor then retrieve the contents I get back the unchanged content.  If I disable the RadAjaxPanel then Firefox works fine.  I have verified this within the debugger.  For reference this is a Visual Studio 2008 C# web app using framework 3.5.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
3 answers
234 views

Hello,
I have a radgrids with a details view that has a usercontrol with an ajax toolkit extender in it.  According to your help:
"RadGrid supports ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit Extender controls too.

There is known limitation when Grid's AJAX is turned on (EnableAJAX='true') though: if the extender controls are initially invisible, their scripts are not available for the Grid. This could be the case when extender controls are added into a Grid edit form - once the users open the edit form, those extender controls won't work for AJAX-enabled Grid. The solution is to enable outside scripts of Grid (set EnableOutsideScripts to 'true')."

This help topic describes my scenario however, the radgrid doesn't have an enableoutsidescripts property so maybe the help is outdated.  What is the current solution to this problem?  By the way, I'm am using the latest version of Prometheus .  Thanks in advance for your help!

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
11 answers
385 views
I'm trying to use the findNodeByValue function after adding a node to the prometheus treeview in order to put the new node in edit mode. I am writing out the call to my HighlightNode function from the server side using ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript.
function HighlightNode(text)  
       {  
        var tree = $get('<%=t.ClientID %>');  
 
        var node = tree.findNodeByValue(text);  
        if (node != null)  
        {  
         node.get_treeView()._startEdit(node);  
        }  
       } 
The tree does return an object if I do an alert on it. However, when it calls the findNodeByValue, I get the javascript error, "object doesn't support this property or method". What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to simulate the same thing that was demonstrated in the classic version of the treeview where you could add a node and then made it immediately editable for the user.
Senthil Sundaramurthy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
3 answers
245 views
Hi Telerik !
I have a problem when user Recurrence Rule , When I Edit one appoinment direct on panel of Scheduler and select type : Edit only recurring this occurrence .
But then , value of appointment select it's value of one row (It's never change value when select type Edit only recurring this occurrence ) :

DateTime StartTime = Convert.ToDateTime(e.ModifiedAppointment.Start);
DateTime EndTime = Convert.ToDateTime(e.ModifiedAppointment.End);


So , result it's false !!!!

So, You can help me about problem , how can get correct value of It (start time and end time that have modify ) ?

Thank you verry much !

uy_2008
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?