Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
209 views
            function OnRowContextMenuCabinet(sender, eventArgs)  
            {  
                var rgCabinets = $find("<%= rgCabinets.MasterTableView.ClientID %>");  
                rgCabinets.selectItem(eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical());               
            }  
 
                <telerik:radgrid id="rgCabinets" runat="server" datasourceid="sdsOFC_Cabinets" gridlines="None" 
                    skin="Vista" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="14">  
 
                    <MasterTableView DataSourceID="sdsOFC_Cabinets" AutoGenerateColumns="False"   
                            CommandItemDisplay="Top" ClientDataKeyNames="CabinetID">  
                        <Columns> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CabinetName" UniqueName="CabinetName" SortExpression="CabinetName" HeaderText="Cabinet Name"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="CabinetTemplateEditColumn">  
                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                    <asp:HyperLink ID="EditLink" runat="server" Text="Edit" /> 
                                </ItemTemplate> 
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="CabinetTemplateDeleteColumn">  
                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                    <asp:HyperLink ID="DeleteLink" runat="server" Text="Delete" /> 
                                </ItemTemplate> 
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                        </Columns> 
 
                        <CommandItemTemplate> 
                            <a href="#" onclick="return ShowCabinetInsertForm();">Add A Cabinet</a> 
                        </CommandItemTemplate> 
                        <ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">  
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                        <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">  
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                    </MasterTableView> 
                      
                    <ClientSettings> 
                        <ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu="OnRowContextMenuCabinet" /> 
                        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" /> 
                    </ClientSettings> 
                </telerik:radgrid> 
 
        <!-- Cabinets Context Menu --> 
        <telerik:RadContextMenu ID="rmCabinets" runat="server" Skin="Default2006" OnClientItemClicked="OnClickCabinet">  
            <Targets> 
                <telerik:ContextMenuControlTarget ControlID="rgCabinets" /> 
            </Targets> 
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Edit" Value="Edit">  
                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Delete" Value="Delete">  
                </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadContextMenu> 
 

I have a number of RadGrids which all have a context menu assigned to them.  When the grid is updated via an AJAX request, whether it is call I make or simply navigating to the next set of records, the context menu is lost/does not execute when called.

Any ideas?

Seth
Seth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
99 views

My layout is following;

Select Item: <dropdown>

[Menu1] [menu2] [Menu3]....


When I open the combo box, everything is fine but for another machine (same IE browser) the drop down content does not overlap the menu below it. the drop down should overlap menu and it does it on my browser.

What could be the issue? Any way to fix it? should i use Z-Index?

-Piyush


Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
119 views
Not sure what I am doing wrong but all of the buttons in the template are rendered as disable...

class

PagerTemplate : ITemplate

{

public void InstantiateIn(Control container)

{

Button First = new Button();

First.ID =

"btnFirst";

First.Text =

"|<<";

container.Controls.Add(First);

}

}

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
109 views
Hi,

I'm on the way to migrate from RadGrid - ASP.NET to RadGrid-Prometheus.
MOST of the things worked without problems - but now I get stucked.

My Data has a DropDownList.
It refers to an external table.
This table holds entries like
Driver (fast)
Driver (slow)
Biker (cool)
Biker (fast)
Biker (old)
Diver (deep)
Diver (safe)
and so on.
Think of it that every "Member" is a Driver or a Biker or a Diver.
This role must never change.
But the "Subrole" (fast, slow) and so on can change.

So in editmode I want to restrict the DropDown Entries to those from the same "Class".

With the "old grid" (RC for ASP.NET) I manage the things by using:
protected void rgRaidMembers_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) {  
            if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode) {  
                GridEditFormItem eeditedItem = e.Item as GridEditFormItem;  
                GridEditManager editMan = editedItem.EditManager;  
 
                GridDropDownListColumnEditor editor = (GridDropDownListColumnEditor)(editMan.GetColumnEditor("ClassID"));  
                DropDownList ddList = editor.DropDownListControl;  
                string[] strA = ddList.SelectedItem.Text.Split(' ');  
                if (strA.Length < 2) {  
                    return;  
                }  
                for (int nX = 0; nX < ddList.Items.Count; nX++) {  
                    if (!ddList.Items[nX].Text.StartsWith(strA[0])) {  
                        ddList.Items.RemoveAt(nX);  
                        nX--;  
                    }  
                }  
            }  
        } 

This does not work in Prometheus Grid.
ddList.Selected item is null!
Debugging the things I found ddList is empty at the time the databound event fires.

I guess there is some differnt data binding logic, or the databound event is fired "too early".

Any ideas how I can manage this?

Regards

Manfred
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
95 views
Hi,

I am migrating a javascript menu over to the RadMenu.  I have a structure in which I would like to use the ExpandedImageUrl when a node is expanded.  Currently the image only changes to the expanded image when the cursor actually moves down into the dropped menu.  Instead, when the menu opens the image should change to the expanded image url.  Then there is an issue with this sticking.  Once the image does change once the mouse cursor is dropped it never reverts back to the regular ImageUrl even when the submenu collapses.

Here is a live link:

http://www.arcservicesco.com/testmenu.aspx

Here is the code:

    <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" runat="server" Skin="" Flow="Horizontal">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Home" CssClass="HandClass" ImageUrl="~/menu_home.gif" HoveredImageUrl="~/menu_over_home.gif" NavigateUrl="~/Default.aspx" /> 
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/menu_break.gif" IsSeparator="true" />
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Copiers" ImageUrl="~/menu_copiers.gif" ExpandedImageUrl="~/menu_over_copiers.gif" GroupSettings-ExpandDirection="Down" GroupSettings-OffsetX=-5>                   
                        <Items>  
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Color Copiers" Text="Color Copiers > " CssClass="Text"  GroupSettings-ExpandDirection="Right">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="New Color Copiers" CssClass="TextHand"  Text="New" NavigateUrl="~/newcolor.aspx" />
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Used Color Copiers" CssClass="TextHand"  Text="Used" NavigateUrl="~/usedcolor.aspx" />
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Black and White Copiers" Text="B & W Copiers > " CssClass="Text" GroupSettings-ExpandDirection="Right">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="New Black and White Copiers" CssClass="TextHand" Text="New" NavigateUrl="~/newbw.aspx" />
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Used Black and White Copiers" CssClass="TextHand" Text="Used" NavigateUrl="~/usedbw.aspx" />
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Request Print Samples" CssClass="TextHand" Text="Request Print Samples" NavigateUrl="~/samples.aspx" />                      
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Used Copiers Pricelist" CssClass="TextHand" Text="Used Copiers Pricelist" NavigateUrl="~/usedcopierslist.aspx" />
                        </Items>           
                    </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ImageUrl="~/menu_break.gif" IsSeparator="true" />
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem ToolTip="Services and Solutions" ImageUrl="~/menu_services.gif" HoveredImageUrl="~/menu_over_services.gif" ExpandedImageUrl="~/menu_over_services.gif" GroupSettings-ExpandDirection="Down" GroupSettings-OffsetX=-5 >  
                        <Items><telerik:RadMenuItem Text="HEY" /></Items>
                    </telerik:RadMenuItem>                
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadMenu>

Please Advice,
Eugene Ladyzhenskiy
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
210 views
I am populating a combobox in the Page_Init function and then retrieving the user's last selected value from db.  I set this to the combobox like this:

((

RadComboBox)this.FindControl(controlName)).SelectedValue = controlValue; 

In debug mode I can see that SelectedValue, SelectedItem and SelectedIndex are all set correctly and stay correctly set in the Page_Load method.

Despite this, always, the first item is displayed in the textbox area of the combobox. 

Any idea what I am missing here?

Thanks,
Lina

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
4 answers
73 views
I'm using a custom IEnumerator to enumerate some custom Objects in my RadGrid.  Sometimes, some of the properties I need to render turn out to be null.  All of that works as I expect during the rendering, leaving the grid cell blank.  The problem comes when I start to add the property name to the ClientDataKeyNames so that I can access the data from JavaScript.

Instead of emitting a null to JavaScript like I'd expect, RadGrid is throwing a NullReferenceException in RadGrid.DescribeProperties(ScriptComponentDescriptor descriptor) +2745 whenever I include one of the property names for which some of my objects have null data.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
6 answers
259 views
Hi Telerik support,

Is it possible to get the memorystream to an embedded aspx page and have that be the page for a RadWindow?

If so, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent
Doug Beard
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
2 answers
232 views
- Can I set the height/width of appointment slot?
- Can I set how far the slot should display from the Time Column
- Can I display any text in the Row for Slot outside the slot?

Basically,  I want to show mutliple appointment slots in a time row with a fixed width. Because currently, if some rows have one appointment and some row has 3 appointments, the total width is same so that user cannot distinguish how many slots are there in the row.

-Piyush
Piyush Bhatt
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
110 views
I wonder if there is a read-only mode of the slider control.
It would be useful for view-only forms.

Thanks,
Elmar
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?