Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
257 views
Hi

I want to modify the default slider skin so that the zoom in and out buttons are a plus and a minus sign. I notice the graphics file for the slider buttons has 2 lots of images in them for the: one for when the button is 'inactive', one for when the user clicks the button and one for when the user hovers over the button. There also seems to be a line between each pair of buttons

How would i create a new button for the slider? Presumably there are some 'rules' about the spacing between buttons and the line in the middle. Possibly i have to modify the style sheet if i make the buttons a different size

thanks in advance
andrea
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
2 answers
249 views
Hello,

In http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/window/RadWindowObjectClientSide.html :
//Set the OnClientClose dynamically. Useful for RadWindows created on the client.
function OpenWin()
   {
       
var oWnd = radopen("Dialog.aspx", null);
       oWnd.OnClientClose
= function()
           {
               
// Your code here
               alert('Closed');
           }
   }


I tried this code but code inside function() is never called.

In http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/window/ClientSideModel.html :
/* Called when a window is being closed. */
                
function OnClientClose(radWindow)
               {
                   
alert (radWindow.Name + " is being closed");
               }

I tried this code but
radWindow.Name contains 'undefined'.

What is the problem with these 2 functions ?
Thanks
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
3 answers
156 views
Getting an error when trying to add a new item in a Custom List.  What seems to be triggering the error is the fact that there is a Rich Text field as a column.  If I make the field a Plain Text or Enhanced Rich Text, the error goes away.  If I Deactive the Telerik Editor.  Issue goes away.  Using the latest editor.

Shane
George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
8 answers
170 views
Hi

I would like to use a rad slider in a similar fashion to the configurator examples in the demos with a background that has lines at the different points on the slider. I was trying to work out how you would create the background so that the lines were at the same points as the slider.

I looked at the configurator example and i could not find any obvious mathematical formula or relationship. The background for the slider is 466px wide and there are 4 lines on it. These are at the following points:

100px; 188px; 277px; 365px;

Intuitively i would have imagined there would be an equal distance between slider points but there isn't. There seems to be a distance of 100px between the slider left edge and the first line and also a distance of 100px between the last line and the slider right edge. There is then a distance of 88px between the lines.

There must be a mathematical relationship in the slider implementation to calculate where the slider is position along the slider bar depending on the widht of the slider and the number of values on the slider but it is not immediately obvious to me. Please can you explain this relationship to me so I can make a slider like the configurator

thanks
andrea
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
178 views
I am using the Scheduler with Sharepoint by connecting a Calendar in Sharepoint to the Scheduler. All of the events from my calendar are showing up fine on the Scheduler except for recurring events. My recurring events are showing up as all day events every day from the first day that the recurring event is set for until the last day that it is set for. For instance, if I create a recurring event within my sharepoint calendar that happens from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. on Monday once a week, the event shows up Monday from 9 a.m. - midnight and then every day after that (Tues, Wed, etc.) it shows up as an all day event.

How do I get my scheduler to deal with recurring events from sharepoint correctly? Do I just set the DataRecurrenceField & DataRecurrenceParentKeyField of the scheduler? And if so, what are the values within a sharepoint list that I need to set it to? An example in C# would be helpful.

Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
140 views
Hi

I am having a problem with my radslider. It has autopostback set to true but when you change the slider value the page isn't posting back. The green bar in IE explorer looks like it is loading but the page doesn't postback. I have some code in the value changed event which doesn't fire. I also set the date/time in the page load event and this isn't changing either. Every now and again the slider will postback but it's tempermental.

I have no idea what to do about this

thanks
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
169 views
Can someone breakdown the actual filtering process for me? Not how to do it, but what actually happens when you filter.

Here is my situation and why I ask. I have a grid that displays a list of requests. Requests are categorized by type and my initial grid display is limited to this type based on a parameter in the url. For example, requests.aspx?queue=In Process.

My code behind picks up the parameter "In Process" and executes a particular SQL string based on this parameter For example, SELECT * where type='In Process'.

So all of this works great except that when someone selects a filter, somehow my original SQL statement is being overridden and it's filtering based on a different SQL string in my code...not the original.

The parameter that is read from the URL string is set to a public variable, so it's readable by all the subs in my code.

Not sure if this makes sense...I'm just trying to track down where in the filtering process it's requerying the database and how it's determining which SQL string to use.

Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
11 answers
188 views
We have beening using the RadAjax with Splitter in master page and it works fine.
but when we migrate to Prometheus Q3 sp1, the ajax doenst work anymore.

our requirement is as follow:
1.the toolbar in page header could ajaxify content and application messages
2. the content could ajaxify the application messages.
3. should use Master Page

I prepare a small demo but it will not working now, i could not find problem, could anyone help me. thanks so much

<%@ Page Language="C#" EnableTheming="false"%> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<script runat="server">  
 
</script> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="phdManager" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder> 
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramMain" runat="server">              
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="pnlPageHeader">  
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlApplicationMessage" /> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlMainContent" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="pnlMainContent">  
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlApplicationMessage" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Height="210px" Modal="True" 
            Width="400px">  
        </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rstPage" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%" Orientation="Horizontal" FullScreenMode="true">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadMenu" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="35px">  
                <asp:Panel ID="pnlPageHeader" runat="server">  
                    <div id="pageHeader" style="width: 100%;">  
                        <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Text="Button" />Top Menu:<%=DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString() + " " + DateTime.Now.Millisecond %> 
                    </div> 
                </asp:Panel> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadContent" runat="server" Scrolling="None" Height="100%" Width="100%">  
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" Orientation="Vertical">  
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpnLeft" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="200px" Scrolling="none">  
                          
                        <asp:Panel ID="pnlApplicationMessage" runat="server" Height="200px">  
                        AppMessages:<%=DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString() + " " + DateTime.Now.Millisecond %> 
                        </asp:Panel> 
                    </telerik:RadPane>                      
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="Radsplitbar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" Height="100%">  
                    </telerik:RadSplitBar> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="rpnContent" runat="server" Height="100%">  
                         <asp:Panel ID="pnlMainContent" runat="server">  
                             <asp:Button ID="Button3" runat="server" Text="Button" />MainContent:<%=DateTime.Now.ToLongTimeString() + " " + DateTime.Now.Millisecond %> 
                        </asp:Panel> 
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="rpnFooter" runat="server" Height="30px" Width="100%">  
                Footer  
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" /> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
125 views

hello

I have the following question,

In de radGrid, i set the loading data on the client (IE 7), but i get a problem with the performance on grouping and sorting function
This configuration affected the performance in the aboveor functions... I am doing something wrong???

Thank you.

Juan.

 
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
160 views
I am trying to center a Floating RadDock on my page.

When I make a call to RadDock.set_left(400), nothing happens.  Other functions such as set_collapsed work just fine.  None of the assignment functions for positioning, sizing, or title work.  In fact, if I call the get functions for those, it shows that the value has been changed, but it is not reflected on the client.

Thanks.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?