Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
92 views
Hi

I am trying to make table with a border around the various entry fields in my WebUserControl.

However, after I have set the various attributes in my css file and set class="XYZ" on my table def., no Box appears.

What Am I doing wrong ?

Kind Regards

David
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
3 answers
270 views
I'm new to using the RadEditor.  Currently, I use a simple textbox control to edit the "text" fields from my db (SQL Server).

I'd like to move into using the RadEditor in order to be able to have clickable URLs and text formatting.

I'm having trouble getting my text from the db into the RadEditor on an aspx page. 

Can someone steer me in the right direction?  I tried setting:

RadEditor1.text = "something" (which was really my db field's value)

but I received an error that this "text" property is "read-only".  This method works fine for the textbox control.  My intution was wrong about the RadEditor's property apparently.

I'd like to set whatever code/properties necessary in the code-behind so if you could offer that in your response, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any assistance!

Mark
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
3 answers
136 views
As my grid is following http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/DataEditing/TemplateFormUpdate/DefaultVB.aspx to do, and I try to insert the FileUpload into  FormTemplate, when I click insert, that's a problem on it

   Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemInserted(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.InsertCommand  
 
             Dim Id As String = "1" 'I am not sure how to get the primary key when insert  
             Dim PhotoFile As FileUpload = CType(RadGrid1.FindControl("PhotoFileUpload"), FileUpload)' I think the findcontrol has a problem, but not sure how to modify  
            InsertedShoperPhoto(Id, PhotoFile)  
    End Sub 

    Public Sub InsertedShoperPhoto(ByVal Id As String, ByVal PhotoFile As FileUpload)  
        If (PhotoFile Is Nothing) Or (Not PhotoFile.HasFile) Then Return  
        Dim fileLen As Integer  
        fileLen = PhotoFile.PostedFile.ContentLength  
        Dim Input(fileLen) As Byte  
        Input = PhotoFile.FileBytes  
 
        Using cn As New SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("PLAZAConnectionString").ConnectionString)  
            Using cmd As New SqlCommand("UPDATE ShoperDetail SET Picture = @Photo WHERE spID = @Id", cn)  
                cmd.Parameters.Add("@Id", Data.SqlDbType.NVarChar, 10).Value = Id 
                cmd.Parameters.Add("@Photo", Data.SqlDbType.Image).Value = Input 
                cn.Open()  
                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()  
            End Using  
        End Using  
    End Sub 


And the other thing, there's two radcombobox and two sqldatasources inside the FormTemplate, there also have a problem when I run

    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource3" 
                                                    DataTextField="STname" DataValueField="STname" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right" 
                                                    Skin="WebBlue" SelectedValue='<%# Bind("ShopType", "{0}") %>'>  
                                                    <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                                                    <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
                                                </telerik:RadComboBox> 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource3" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:PLAZAConnectionString %>" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT [STname] FROM [ShopType]">  
        </asp:SqlDataSource> 

And the second combobox, it will check what client selected in combobox1, and bind this combobox.
 <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox2" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource4" 
                                                    DataTextField="STCategory" DataValueField="STCategory" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right" 
                                                    Skin="WebBlue" SelectedValue='<%# Bind("ShopCat", "{0}") %>'>  
                                                    <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                                                    <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
                                                </telerik:RadComboBox> 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource4" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:PLAZAConnectionString %>" SelectCommand="SELECT [STCategory] FROM [ShopType] WHERE ([STname] = @STname)">  
            <SelectParameters> 
                <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="RadComboBox2" DefaultValue="Shopping" Name="STname" 
                    PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" /> 
            </SelectParameters> 
        </asp:SqlDataSource> 



Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
1 answer
53 views
I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but...

I have 3 radComboBoxes on an ascx I use in DotNetNuke. Only the first control is enabled when I try to use them.
            <table> 
            <tr><td>Client : </td><td><telerik:RadComboBox ID="radComboBoxClient" runat="server"> 
                </telerik:RadComboBox></td></tr> 
            <tr><td>Contact : </td><td><telerik:RadComboBox ID="radComboBoxContact" runat="server"> 
                </telerik:RadComboBox></td></tr> 
            <tr><td>Owner : </td><td><telerik:RadComboBox ID="radComboBoxOwner" runat="server"> 
                </telerik:RadComboBox></td></tr> 
         </table> 

So what I need to know is how to have all 3 comboboxes enabled when the page loads.

Many thanks for any pointers on this.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
1 answer
136 views
Is it possible to refresh a grid in the parent page without closing the window?
FL-Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
1 answer
254 views
Hi,
 
I have  a RadComboBox(Prometheus ver Q3 1425) with multiple colums:

ASP:

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right" Width="391px" AutoPostBack="True" OnItemDataBound="RadComboBox1_ItemDataBound" OnDataBinding="RadComboBox1_DataBinding"
OnSelectedIndexChanged
="RadComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged">
<CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint"
/>
<ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart"
/>
</telerik:RadComboBox
>



C#:

protected void RadComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(object o, Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs e)
{
User currentUser = Session["USER"] as User;
currentUser.IdUser = mIdInv;
ctrlEditionInscription.IdInv = mIdInv;
}

The ComboBox display correctly but the event SelectedIndexChanged wont fire, any idea ?

thanks
J-Francois
Jean-Francois
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
2 answers
224 views
I realize this may not be specific to the radcombobox but I need to reset the selected value of a combobox after the page postsback.  Normally I would just do a page redirect at this point but the page is in a radwindow so that option is out.

I have tried just about everything I can think of.  The page always reloads with the last selected value.

I have tried disabling viewstate, setting the selectedindex = -1, .ClearSelection().

I want the user to be able to fill out the page, submit the page, and then fill it out again but I need the values to be reset.  I can reset textboxes, checkboxes, and the other controls but not the combobox.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Curt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
2 answers
346 views
Hi -

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but after wading through RadGrid and API documentation I'm still left puzzled...

I'm trying to better understand group expansion and collapsing.

First, what is the <ExpandCollapseColumn> item for in the <MasterTableView> section? By default, even with grouping enabled, its "Visible" property is set to false - yet the ExpandCollapseColumn is still visible. Why? (I'm assuming - perhaps wrongly - that the ExpandCollapseColumn is the column with the "+" or "-" image in it.)

So how do I hide the ExpandCollapseColumn? I've read about how others have hidden the image in the column, but how do you just remove/hide the whole column?

My second question is about two items in the <Columns> section of <MasterTableView>: What are <telerik:GridExpandColumn> and <telerik:GridGroupSplitterColumn> used for?
(And therefore how does <telerik:GridExpandColumn> differ from the <ExpandCollapseColumn> outside the <Columns> section?)

Many thanks,

Jake.
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
8 answers
536 views
I would like to rebind bound RadComboBoxes when insertions or deletions have occurred, however I get this error:
Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control. 

A typical RadComboBox declaration
                                <telerik:RadComboBox  
                                    ID="cmbCity" 
                                    runat="server" 
                                    DataSourceID="srcAllCity" 
                                    CssClass="rowtbxedit" 
                                    RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right" 
                                    Width="200px" 
                                    DataTextField="City" 
                                    DataValueField="City" 
                                    Skin="Office2007" 
                                    ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick="False"   
                                    text='<%# Bind("City") %>' 
                                    AllowCustomtext="false" 
                                    MarkFirstMatch="true" 
                                > 
                                    <CollapseAnimation type="OutQuint" duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
                                    <ExpandAnimation type="OutQuart"></ExpandAnimation> 
                                </telerik:RadComboBox> 

                <asp:SqlDataSource  
                    id="srcAllCity" 
                    SelectCommand="SELECT City FROM qryAllCities ORDER BY City"   
                    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:RentalSQL %>"   
                    runat="server" 
                 /> 
 
 

since this doesn't work, how do I get the comboboxes to repopulate? 
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
1 answer
123 views
Hi

I'm using Windows Vista, VS2008, C#.

When trying to remove an item from the combobox by:

    combo.get_items().removeAt(index);

I get the following error:
    "Object doesn't support this property of method'

What's particularly strange is that this method will show in the Watch window when dubugging Javascript.

I can call other member functions (e.g. combo.get_items().get_count()), just not this one.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?


Kind regards

Mark Eaton
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?