Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
185 views
Hello,

We are using the Prometheus Calendar control as a datepicker similar to the Shared Calendar Example. 

One of our customers is running the app through HiSoftware's AccVerify tool to ensure the application is Section 508 compliant.

If i run the shared calendar example through the tool and clear the date fields, the control is failing with the following errors:

<snip>
Rule: 1.1.2 - All INPUT elements are required to contain the alt attribute or use a LABEL.
  • Failure - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 183, Column: 110
  • Failure - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 187, Column: 129
  • Failure - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 187, Column: 215

<snip>

If i run the example through the tool without clearing the fields, it generates the following warnings that are still considered to be failures:

<snip>
Rule: 1.1.2 - All INPUT elements are required to contain the alt attribute or use a LABEL.
  • Warning - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 183, Column: 110 contains a non-empty 'value' attribute. This is a practice referred to as "self-labeling." Self-Labeling is argued to be accessible under Priority One or Section 508 guidelines/standards. We recommend using a Label as the Preferred method or the use of an 'alt' attribute to make this element accessible.
  • Warning - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 187, Column: 129 contains a non-empty 'value' attribute. This is a practice referred to as "self-labeling." Self-Labeling is argued to be accessible under Priority One or Section 508 guidelines/standards. We recommend using a Label as the Preferred method or the use of an 'alt' attribute to make this element accessible.
  • Warning - INPUT Element, of Type TEXT, found at Line: 187, Column: 234 contains a non-empty 'value' attribute. This is a practice referred to as "self-labeling." Self-Labeling is argued to be accessible under Priority One or Section 508 guidelines/standards. We recommend using a Label as the Preferred method or the use of an 'alt' attribute to make this element accessible.
<snip>

In the example, there is a label who's 'for' attribute is being set to '<%= RadDatePicker1.DateInput.ClientID + "_TextBox" %>'

but there are two other inputs rendered for each datepicker that still violate the 508 1.1.2 rule.


In my page, I tried adding the AssociatedControlId property on the label that precedes the control on the form, but I'm still receiving failures as well.

Any suggestions?
Missing User
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
160 views
hi all,
 i wish to dispaly the progress of a server process which starts after a user has uploaded a file.I do the processing task in a C# code file.Can any one tell me how to do it?

thanks
I
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
3 answers
193 views
Hi,
I have a simple page with a panel which contains a RadComboBox. When i dynamically set the panel to enable=false, the combo box also gets disabled appropriately. When i try to set the panel back enable=true, the combo box does not get re enabled.
I tried this with other Prometheus controls (i.e RadGrid), and they have behaved correctly

Here is this code to replicate this:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="PanelComboTest.aspx.cs" Inherits="PanelComboTest" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> 
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
     
    <asp:RadioButtonList ID="radioList" runat="Server" AutoPostBack="true"> 
    <asp:ListItem Text="disable" Value="0"></asp:ListItem> 
    <asp:ListItem Text="enable" Value="1"></asp:ListItem> 
    </asp:RadioButtonList> 
     
    <div> 
    <asp:Panel ID="myPanel" runat="server"> 
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right"> 
        <Items> 
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="item1" Value="1" runat="server" /> 
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="item2" Value="2" runat="server" /> 
        </Items> 
            <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
            <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 
    </asp:Panel> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

And the code behind:
using System; 
using System.Data; 
using System.Configuration; 
using System.Collections; 
using System.Web; 
using System.Web.Security; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 
 
public partial class PanelComboTest : System.Web.UI.Page 
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        this.radioList.SelectedIndexChanged += new EventHandler(radioList_SelectedIndexChanged); 
        if (!this.IsPostBack) 
        { 
            radioList.SelectedIndex = 0; 
            myPanel.Enabled = false; 
        } 
    } 
 
    void radioList_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (radioList.SelectedValue == "0") 
        { 
            myPanel.Enabled = false; 
        } 
        else 
        { 
            myPanel.Enabled = true; 
        } 
    } 
} 
 

Thanks,
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
4 answers
162 views
Is it possible to find out which group are currently open and what is the value of the group (I look for some kind of a "GroupHeader" collection)?

All rows in a grid are available in "Items" collection. There I can access the value of each column with "Cells" collection. Is it possible to access such a cell by UniqueColumnName?

When I expand a group the group collapses again on a rebind, how can I avoid this behavior?

After expanding a group I press on a button in "CommandItemTemplate" of grid. The result for "Visible" property for all items is always "0". So how can I find out which rows in the group are currently visible (maybe this has something to do that groups always collaps automatically)?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
80 views
Is there anyplace where I can find a list of all the javascript functions I can use with different controls without looking at the demos?  I would just like to keep a reference.
Thanks.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
5 answers
206 views
Hi all,

I am using a Promtheus radgrid on my web page.  I am using a user control to edit a row in my radGrid.  So when Edit is clicked, I display my user control with various textboxes and such.  I also use the radDatePicker for my date fields.  When I click Edit, my user control appears and the value I previously selected appears.  But when I click on the date icon, nothing happens.  Just as a test, I put a radDatePicker on my main web page and it did work.  So what am I doing wrong?  Here is how I defined the datepicker in my user control.:

<

telerik:RadDatePicker ID="tbPolicyAccountValueDate"

runat="server"

Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.PolicyAccountValueDate") %>'>

</telerik:RadDatePicker>

Thanks,
Bob

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
4 answers
208 views
Hi,

It looks like e.Appointment is empty when you bind the scheduler for the second time. The following code is heavily simplified, but it does show the problem:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
{ 
  if (!this.IsPostBack) 
    this.BindAppointmentData(); // first databind 
} 
 
private void BindAppointmentData() 
{ 
  //database SELECT query is done here, a dataset is the result 
  this.RadScheduler1.DataSource = {the dataset}; 
} 
 
protected void RadScheduler1_AppointmentInsert(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerCancelEventArgs e) 
{ 
  //database INSERT query is done here, new record is physically saved to database 
  this.BindAppointmentData(); //second databind 
} 
 
protected void RadScheduler1_AppointmentDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerEventArgs e) 
{ 
  // e.Appointment is filled here on the first databind, but empty on the second 
  //here, i manipulate some properties of e.Appointment (subject and tooltip) 
} 
 


Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Michel
Michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
3 answers
294 views
Hi guys,
I'm having the following problem with a page when using RadAjaxManager.

I have a page with a FormView and a RadAjaxManager defined as follow:

                    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="FormView1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="FormView1"  />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

I also have a button which change the FormView from ReadOnly to Edit mode.

However, In some cases I'm getting the following exception within an alert popup:

"Sys.Webforms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed.  Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, Httpmodules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near ' <html>
<head>
'.  "

Any idea what'`s going on here ?

thanks in advance,

François.

Steele
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
3 answers
161 views
I have a RadTooltip that is displayed on a hyperlink click and manually closed. I want to host a RadTreeView inside it, but I'm having some problems. The nodes added by default are rendering OK except for the nodes which should have [+] graphics for dynamic server-side expansion. The [+] is not rendering. They look as if they are leaf nodes that can not be expanded.

Is it possible to dynamically add tree nodes when the tree is inside a RadTooltip?

I'm not using a RadTooltipManager in this scenario. Should I be?

Thanks,
Terry
Keith Henkel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
1 answer
176 views
After upgrading a treeview to prometheus, I am having trouble getting some client side code to work.  In particular, when I do a node.get_checked(), the browser gives a javascript error:  Object doesn't support this property or method.  When I do a node.get_nodes(), I get a valid object back, so I know the object node is not null and some of the javascript is being loaded, but perhaps not all of it?  I cannot figure out why I cannot get the get_checked() method to work.
Andrew Short
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?