Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
213 views
Under a variety of the skins (specifically tested was the Office2007), when the grid has many columns and extends past the browser width, the overall outer grid line stops at the browsers natural width (and does not extend to the content past it). Furthermore, the group-by row stops a couple of pixels from the browser's natural border and does not extends the full length of the grid. 

Aside from scrolling, is there any way to dealing with this? 

Part of the issue is solved by wrapping the grid in a <div style="float:left"> tag - though that does not fix the repeat on the group background...
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
5 answers
231 views
Hi..
In the load on demand example I'm trying to display multiple columns by
concatenating several fields with spaces between... so I retain the performance of the load on demand and get the 'visual' of the binding (takes much longer)

Like this...

    for (int i = itemOffset; i < endOffset; i++)
                {
                    RadComboBox1.Items.Add(new RadComboBoxItem(data.Rows[i]["CompanyName"].ToString()+"       "+LASTNAME+"         "+FIRSTNAME, data.Rows[i]["CompanyName"].ToString() ));
                }


But the spaces are ignored.. how do I 'display' the 'needed' spaces ? do I need to override the render ?  &nsp - doesn't work
thanks!
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
146 views
I'm experiencing an issue using the Prometheus RadEditor. If the Editor is a ways down within my document it causes the window to scroll down so that the top (usually just the first row of pixels) of the Editor is within the viewport. The code within my aspx file is very simple and I'm not touching the Editor in the code behind:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>
<telerik:RadEditor ID="RichTextEditor" runat="server" OnClientLoad="initEditor"></telerik:RadEditor>


If I remove the OnClientLoad event this still happens.

Please note that I've only seen this happen in Internet Explorer on Windows XP, it is fine in Firefox.

Please help if  you can. Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
3 answers
141 views
Hello,

How can I modify ImageUrl with Client API (javascript) ?

Thanks !
Skypy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
2 answers
153 views
2 quick things...hopefully

1)I'm having trouble configuring the Image and Document manager using ImagesPaths, DocumentsPaths etc...

The way it is right now, when the user clicks the image manager button, it shows every folder within the current site/subsite. So basically every folder under Document Libraries, and Picture Libraries.

I would like to configure it so when you open the Image Manager it only shows you the image folders located under Picture Libraries. Likewise, when you click Document Manager, it only shows items under the Document Libraries.

Its looking in the right location as far as what site to look at, so I'm not sure if its an paths problem. I just want to hide or exclude items that it can't open(as obviously the image manager can't open a document, so whats the point of showing the folder)

I've tried
<properties name="ImagesPaths">~/Images</properties> and
<properties name="ImagesPaths">/Images</properties>

I've read through UsingTheConfigXML but just can't get the right path name. Is there a default name for the images and documents libraries for the current site? I know it can't be a difficult change, I just can't figure out what it is.

2) This next problem I'm not so sure of...When I'm opening the document manager, and I click on the 'Documents' folder(the default doc folder created by MOSS) it just says "Loading.." and doesn't do anything, I put a word document in there, but it doesn't show it. If I click it more for whatever reason, it just keeps saying "Loading.. Loading.. Loading.. " Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
113 views
Hi All,

I'd to export a self reference Rad Control Prometheus grid to pdf/excel.  Has anyone has an example how to do that.

Thanks,
Vinhlan
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
4 answers
195 views

I'm trying to set the height of an appointment equal to the height of the cell in month view. 

Basically, I'm only going to have one appointment per day on a small calendar, so I want that appointment to cover the entire cell.  I've set the initial height of each appointment div (see below) so the size of the cell is not enlarged when the scheduler is loaded.  Is there a way to overwrite this size of an individual appointment by using the AppointmentDataBound event and a CSS Class?  

   .RadScheduler_Default .rsMonthView div.rsWrap    
    {   
      height: 7px;    
    }       
     
   .RadScheduler_Default .rsMonthView td.rsCell   
    {   
        width:25px;   
        height:28px !important;  
    }         

I've already looked at the following articles but I did not find the answer there.

How to tweak the appearance of RadScheduler's cells

How to set the appointment's height to accomodate the entire subject's text in Month View

Thanks in advance!
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
117 views
I'm trying to open an edit window from the grid.
I followed the sample and it works fine.  However, if I sort the grid, I get an error    Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id 'DialogWindow' can't be added to the application.
DialogWindow is my window name in the open window call. I have the ajax manager updating the window manager when the grid changes.
If I remove the control pair in the ajax manager, it works again.
What am I doing wrong or not doing here?

Thanks,
Eric
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
193 views
It's my understanding that the controls for "prometheus" are in a single DLL.  I put this DLL into the GAC.

Does anyone know how to declare the "Telerik.Web.UI" in the web.config file so I can omit having this DLL in my "bin" directory and only in the GAC?

Also, is it possible to omit any version information in the declaration for this assembly so that any updates to it can just be done in the GAC without changes to the web.config?  If so, what's the declaration look like?

Thanks for any help,

Mark
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
1 answer
263 views
Hi,

I have a grid with skin "Telerik". The grid header displays with no header column separator line.

How can I include separator lines?

Thanks for your help.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?