Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
117 views
Hi,

When I click on disabled context menu item then whole menu hides which is not intuitive in my scenario. I tried to use

    function OnMenuItemClickingHandler(sender, eventArgs)
    {
            return false;
    }


but with no avail. Any idea appreciated

Rycho
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
2 answers
229 views
The RadTab for ASP.Net Ajax doesn't support setting the ID on the tab (a strange shortcoming that defies standard programming practices), and as such, I can't seem to set a RadToolTip to associate with a tab (as I did with the Rad Tab for ASP.Net).

I've tried:

RadToolTip1.TargetControlID = ControlTab.FindTabByValue("Info").ClientID
RadToolTip1.IsClientID = True

and

RadToolTip1.TargetControlID = ControlTab.FindTabByValue("Info").ID

but neither seem to do the trick.
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
157 views
I am using the AllowMultiRowSelection option to allow multiple selection of rows. Like the bottom table in the demo:-
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/Client/Selecting/DefaultCS.aspx

If you have single row selection then when you click on a row it will deselect the last selected row. Which is fine.

But with multiple selection I would expect to be able to click on each row in turn at get it added to my selection. But it you click on another row it deselects all previously selected rows. I think my clients will find this behavior very annoying. I know you can Ctrl click to select more than one row. But that is not obvious to an end user.

When you have a GridClientSelectColumn then you can click on the ticks to select and unselect rows. This works as expected. Clicking on a single tick box adds that row to the select without deselecting the other rows. I wish a row click did the same thing.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
140 views
I have radcombox databound to a SQL Server database table.  Some other place in my app modifies the database table, and I now want the combo to update to reflect the new values.  How do I get the combo to update w/o reloading the whole page?

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
193 views
I'm trying to encapsulate the RadWindow in a global, static method so I can display messages, alerts and errors from anywhere in my web app. I have a MasterPage which sort of complicates things. I'm sure I'm not the first to try to create a univeral DisplayMessage radalert, can anyone share how they've handled this? I'm trying to figure out how to make it more dynamic in terms of templating from within the static method, or maybe even a better way to do this. Also it it a good idea to put a RadWindowManager in the MasterPage?

In my MasterPage I have this:
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" />

In my aspx content page I have this:
    <asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
          ...
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

In my aspx.cs content page I have this:
string message = "Deleted user: " + userName;
Globals.DisplayMessage(message, 200, 100, false, this.Page);

In my static method I have this:
        public static void DisplayMessage(string message, int width, int height,
            bool error, Page currentPage)
        {
            string title;

            if (error)
                title = "Error";
            else
                title = "Alert";

            RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(currentPage).ResponseScripts.Add(
                "radalert('" + message.Replace("'", "\'") +
                "<br />', " + width + ", " + height + ",'" + title + "'); return false;");
        }
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
8 answers
246 views

hi

I have this piece of code in the userControl:

Protected Sub RadMenu1_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuEventArgs) Handles RadMenu1.ItemClick

Select Case e.Item.Text

Case "Invoice"
Label1.Text = "Invoice Administration"
End Select

End Sub

a Label control is also in the same userControl.

This userControl is used by a master page and in turn a default.aspx use this master page.

Now, the thing is that it works fine if i did not add a navigateUrl to the radmenu control (as expected it show on the label "Invoice Administration" when clicked on the Default.aspx page)

But when I add a url to the navigateUrl Property of the Radmenu. Is empty. How should i go about solving this? Thanks

L
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
127 views
When I change datasource of RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX programmatically where numbers of rows are different, the paging works only if number of rows is larger than ever before. So when the datasource has less rows than before the pagecount in paging always show the highest number of datasources before. It works correctly in 2007.3.1425.35, but it doesn't in 2008.1.415.35. Could be problem in the Q1 2008?

Thanks

Vita
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
219 views
I'm using the 2008 Q1 release of ASP.NETAJAX and the RadAjaxManager does not work in IE6.  I get a "'Sys' is not defined" javascript error.  I can replicate this simply by creating an empty aspx page adding a script manager to it, then adding a RadAjaxManager and running the app.  It was working fine until I upgraded to the Q1 release.  It also works fine in Firefox.  Please help.

Thanks,
Matt
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
5 answers
370 views
I am utilizing a RadToolBarSplitButton.  When the control expands, the rendering is shifted either too far to the right of the splitbutton or is off the page to the right.  How do I get the expanded portion of the split button to render directly below?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
168 views
Hello there, I'm using RadGrid with a default formatting, the vertical delimiters for the columns (black lines) seem to get interrupted whenever a cell contains null value. I could prevent nulls from appearing in my grid by applying isnull(FieldName, '') in the stored proc, but is there a better solution for the problem?

Thanks, Dmitry
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?