Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
68 views
hi,

I'm not able to remove the style for the Parent grid in Hierarchial structure. I have applied gridlines="none", but still it shows me the grid lines.

Could anyone please help me out.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
5 answers
289 views
I am using a grid with an item template and set its ClientSettings.EnableRowHoverStyle = True.

However, the hover style is not applied to my rows. Sometimes when I move my mouse over each row, I see the row blinking for a short while with the hovers style before it reverts to normal.

When I try this on a grid that does not use item template, it is working fine.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
190 views
Hello,

I've just updated my RadAjaxManager to the latest version and I also updated the RadAjaxLoadingPanels.  Unfortunatly, any change to any control now does a full page refresh.  I assign the AjaxSetting programatically.  Switching back to the pre-prometheus AJAX manager and loading panels works fine.  Below are code samples. Thanks!
ASPX
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ramDashboard" runat="server">  
            <AjaxSettings>                 
            </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
 
<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="alpDashboard" Transparency="5" runat="server" Height="75px" 
    Width="75px">  
    <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" /> 
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
 
<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="alpDashboardSmall" Transparency="5" runat="server" Height="75px" 
    Width="75px">  
    <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading7.gif" /> 
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
C#
public void setupAjaxManager()  
    {  
 
        Control widgetStations = FindControlRecursive(rdzMain, "widgetStations");  
        Control rdzStations = FindControlRecursive(widgetStations, "rdzStations");  
        Control widgetAutoMode = rdzStations.FindControl("widgetAutoMode");  
        Control widgetUserMode = rdzStations.FindControl("widgetUserMode");  
        Control widgetOffMode = rdzStations.FindControl("widgetOffMode");  
        Control widgetFlow = FindControlRecursive(rdzMain, "widgetFlow");  
        Control widgetSetup = FindControlRecursive(rdzMain, "widgetSetup");  
        Control widgetDayTime = FindControlRecursive(rdzMain, "widgetDayTime");  
        Control widgetCustomPlants = FindControlRecursive(rdzMain, "widgetCustomPlants");  
        Control widgetAdvBtn = rdzStations.FindControl("btn_stns_settings_adv");  
        Control widgetBasicBtn = rdzStations.FindControl("btn_stns_settings_basic");  
                  
        //Edit Controller Top Button  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetAutoMode);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetUserMode);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetOffMode);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetSetup);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetDayTime);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetFlow);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, widgetCustomPlants);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, pnlTopControl, alpDashboardSmall);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_top_icon, pnlBottomControl, alpDashboardSmall);  
 
 
        //Edit Controller Bottom Button  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetAutoMode);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetUserMode);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetOffMode);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetSetup);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetDayTime);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetFlow);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, widgetCustomPlants);          
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, pnlTopControl, alpDashboardSmall);  
        ramDashboard.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btn_edit_controller_icon, pnlBottomControl, alpDashboardSmall);  
//...AND SO ON...  
} 


Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
2 answers
137 views
I need a little help here on identifying the correct level of hierarchy when running this code. I modified your code to hide the + sign for items that don't have sub-items. It's a little quicker than the one you guys document because it doesn't require you to set the auto-expand to true.

    Protected Sub RadGrid1_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) 
        If Not Page.IsPostBack Then 
            For Each item As GridDataItem in RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Items 
                Dim task_id As String = (TryCast(item.FindControl("lbl_task_id"), Label)).Text 
                If task_id = "" Then 
                    Dim cell As TableCell = item.Item("ExpandColumn") 
                    Dim expandCollapseButton As ImageButton = CType(cell.Controls(0), ImageButton) 
                    expandCollapseButton.Visible = False 
                End If 
            Next 
        End If 
    End Sub 

The query for my master table brings back the max id value of the sub-items. If it brings back an empty value, I know there are no sub-items and the code hides the +.

So all of this is working great. I'm trying to use the same theory on another project that has a 3 level hierarchy. I don't need to worry about the master table view since I want that to always expand. But I only want the 2nd detail level to expand if I bring back a value in my query.

My question is how to setup the loop in the above code to look at the detail table items. As you can see, it looks at RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Items. Is there another property I can use to look at Detail TableView Items?

Any suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
99 views
I need to use button control. Does Telerik provide for this?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
168 views
Hi,

I have a control which has three radcombobox as shown in the telerik demo:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Combobox/Examples/Functionality/MultipleComboBoxes/DefaultCS.aspx

Everything works fine on the selection of the first second fills up and on  the selection of second third fills up. But I have a submit button and after selecting all the values in the comboes when i submit i get the selectedvalue in the first one only. On sumbmitting again i get selectedvalue in first and second and on submitting third time i get values from the selectedvalue property of all three comboes.

Please let me know why this is happening.

P.S, I am using telerik Q1 2008 version.
Thanks,
Nishith.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
94 views
Hi All,
I have two questions
1)
I'm using RadChart and i want make the X-asix a Month  values like Jan, Feb, March.
I tried to set Axis.Values Format field to Short date, but still keeps the number system.
I want use something like this :
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/chart/
But i can't seem to do the months(jan, feb, march etc)

2) Can you hide or not show the values along the Y.axis? if so how?

Appreciated the help
MA
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
167 views
Hi All,
I have two questions
1)
I'm using RadChart and i want make the X-asix a Month  values like Jan, Feb, March.
I tried to set Axis.Values Format field to Short date, but still keeps the number system.
I want use something like this :
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/chart/
But i can't seem to do the months(jan, feb, march etc)

2) Can you hide or not show the values along the Y.axis? if so how?

Appreciated the help
MA
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
10 answers
322 views

Word Documents all Greek (of sorts) after format cleaning

Dear Support,

I have this very odd behaviour when I copy and paste a word document into the Telerik RAD Editor control v7.1.1. If I agree to the "Do you want to clean it?" dialogue then it will translate the document (which seems to resemble Greek of sorts?) with the first instance of a bullet point.

Is this a bug? Configuration issue? Or does it have something to do with the symbol font for the bullet point?

Any feedback would be most grateful.

Cheers.

Regards,
Keith.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
331 views
Hi

I have a chart that i am trying to use to display the prices for a particular stock over a given time period.

An example would be a stock with prices ranging from $35 to $40.  I am setting the y-axis min and max values in code behind when i get the stock prices from the database to something like 33 and 42 respectively.

uxRadChart_StockPrices.PlotArea.YAxis.MaxValue = stockPrices.Max(p => p.Price) + 2.0;  
uxRadChart_StockPrices.PlotArea.YAxis.MinValue = stockPrices.Min(p => p.Price) - 2.0;  
uxRadChart_StockPrices.PlotArea.YAxis.Step = (this.uxRadChart_StockPrices.PlotArea.YAxis.MaxValue - this.uxRadChart_StockPrices.PlotArea.YAxis.MinValue) / 10.0; 

But when the chart displays on the page the min and max values are 0 and 40 and the chart doesn't look very good because it just has a line near the top.

I also tried setting AutoLayout=true and got the same result.

Is there a different way I should go about doing this so that it will work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?