Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
209 views
Hi,

I just changed my project settings to target .NET Framework version 3.5. After running a sample page that uses ScriptManager, RadWindowManager, and an UpdatePanel, I get the following error:

The control with ID 'Singleton' requires a ScriptManager on the page. The ScriptManager must appear before any controls that need it.

I've checked the GAC and both the 1.0 and 3.5 versions of System.Web.Extensions.dll are in there. Also, I've verified that web.config contains the correct BindingRedirect directives:

<runtime> 
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> 
            <dependentAssembly> 
                <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/> 
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/></dependentAssembly> 
            <dependentAssembly> 
                <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/> 
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding></runtime></configuration> 
 
 


The code for the sample .aspx page follows. Note that if all of the RadWindow code is commented out but the UpdatePanel is left in, the error doesn't occur. If the RadWindow code is present with or without the UpdatePanel, the error always occurs.

<%@ Page Language="C#"   AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="calvintestradwindowiframe.aspx.cs" Inherits="Test_calvintestradwindowiframe" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
 
<html> 
<head> 
 
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 
        var oWnd; 
        function Test(wizardID) 
        { 
            oWnd = $find( '<%= TestPopupWindow.ClientID %>' ); 
             
            oWnd.setUrl('http://www.yahoo.com'); 
            oWnd.show();   
        }     
         
        function TestClientCallBack(radWindow, returnParameters) 
        { 
         
        } 
               
    </script>  
</head> 
 
<body> 
<form name="form1" runat="server"> 
    <telerik:RadWindowManager id="Singleton" runat="server" Skin="Vista"> 
        <windows> 
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="TestPopupWindow" runat="server" Height="300" Width="300"  
                DestroyOnclose="false"     
                Modal="true" 
                VisibleStatusbar="false" 
                VisibleTitlebar = "true" 
                NavigateUrl=""     
                Title = "Test"          
                Behaviors="Close,Move" 
                ClientCallBackFunction="TestClientCallBack" 
            /> 
        </windows> 
         
         </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
          
         <a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:Test(0)">Test(0)</a>   
          
         <asp:UpdatePanel ID="TestUpdatePanel" runat="server"> 
            <ContentTemplate> 
                <p>hello</p> 
            </ContentTemplate> 
         </asp:UpdatePanel> 
 
     
 
 
 
    <p>Test Page</p> 
</form> 
</body> 
</html> 


Anything else I might be missing?



Mark DeMichele
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
1 answer
265 views
I have taken a look at the RadWindow and RadDock to solve a very simple problem of flying out some controls (may be wrapped in user control but does not have to be) within an aspx and these are is just not cutting it.

The behavior I am looking for is just like MSDN's feedback 
see this page, top right corner to see the "feedback" flyout.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e2h7fzkw.aspx

Another good example is from Obout (offers Flyout for free but it does not play nicely with Telerik controls, esp. ScriptManager). http://www.obout.com/flyout/flyout.aspx

I don't want callbacks or commands or anything else fancy, I just want a page to be able to flyout some controls and have these controls accessible just like they were on the page normally (i.e. wire up to events, etc.)

with all these fancy features this has to be something a lot of people want.

thanks.

Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
2 answers
130 views
hi

i recently upgraded from radcontrols sp1 to sp2, since then every time i click a node on the tree the treeview.nodeclick event is not firing,

my tree is on a user control, it was all working fine before upgrading to sp2

whats is wrong

Thanks
Feizal Amlani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
3 answers
172 views
I have a dropdown column within the template column 

<

telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Device Type" SortExpression="DeviceDisplayValue" UniqueName="DeviceType" EditFormColumnIndex="1">

<ItemTemplate><asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDevice" Text='<%# Bind("DeviceDisplayValue") %>'></asp:Label></ItemTemplate>

<EditItemTemplate><telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlDeviceAW" runat="server" LoadingMessage="Loading Device..." MarkFirstMatch="True" ToolTip="Select a Device"></telerik:RadComboBox></EditItemTemplate>

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

I am populating the dropdowns on my ItemCommand event .
If my grid is in edit mode I want to pre select the grid value in the combo box.
I am unable to set that value.

 How can i do that?

Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
3 answers
193 views
when adding an editor to a site that runs in medium trust u get a security exception

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.]
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +59
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) +65

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
1 answer
103 views
The page validates as long as there is no content, but when content exists the validation breaks.
  • end tag for "img" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified (/> missing)
  • end tag for "br" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified (<br> instead of <br />)
In presentation mode it all look OK.




George
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
1 answer
114 views
I downloaded the documentation, and every .chm file contains nothing but broken links. What is the obvious thing I am missing here?
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
4 answers
199 views

I want to apply my own custom skin to the Grid.

I have gone through the following articles:
http://www.telerik.com/help/radcontrols/prometheus/ -> controlling Visual Appearance.

I tried registering my skin and also by putting my skin under App_themes.
but my grid doesn't load properly.

When i don't specify anything the grid is fine.
I just copied the Default skin and renamed it to MySkin.

Now when I specify this - 

EnableEmbeddedSkins

="false" Skin="MySkin" ImagesPath="~App_Themes\MySkin\Grid"
 
my grid does not show any images and borders and does not have proper alignment.  Please tell me what am i doing wrong. I haven't yet changed anything in the skin files, just renamed it and specified the custom skin.


newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
2 answers
224 views
A simple WebForm contains a user control with a RadAjaxPanel.
The user control contains a button that is supposed to fire the ajaxRequest method of the RadAjaxPanel and update a simple label... but it doesn't!

The function ajaxRequest is indeed called, but the label is never updated.

Source code:

Test.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Test.aspx.cs" Inherits="Test" %> 
 
<%@ Register src="AjaxControl.ascx" tagname="AjaxControl" tagprefix="uc1" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Test</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Click on the button..."></asp:Label><br /> 
        <uc1:AjaxControl ID="AjaxControl1" runat="server" /> 
          
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

AjaxControl.aspx:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="AjaxControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="AjaxControl" %> 
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %> 
 
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">  
    <script type="text/javascript">  
    function InitiateAsyncRequest(argument)  
    {  
        var ajaxPanel = $find("<%=RadAjaxPanel1.ClientID%>");  
 
        ajaxPanel.ajaxRequest(argument);  
    }  
    </script> 
</telerik:RadCodeBlock> 
 
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClientClick="InitiateAsyncRequest('New Text')" /> 
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" 
    runat="server" Height="200px" Width="300px" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxPanel1_AjaxRequest">  
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="...and this text will change!"></asp:Label> 
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
 

AjaxControl.aspx.cs:

using System;  
using System.Collections;  
using System.Configuration;  
using System.Data;  
using System.Linq;  
using System.Web;  
using System.Web.Security;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Xml.Linq;  
 
public partial class AjaxControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl  
{  
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
 
    }  
 
    protected void RadAjaxPanel1_AjaxRequest(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs e)  
    {  
        Label1.Text = e.Argument;  
    }  
}  
 

Francois MARTIN
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
3 answers
300 views
I keep getting the following error to popup whenever I display a user control I created that contains a RadUpload, RadProgressArea, and RadProgressManager control on the control (RadUpload Ajax callback error. Source url  returned error:12029  Unknown  Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx?RadUrid...).  The upload and progress areas work properly but I still keep getting an alert with the error, no matter whether I upload a file or not.

The RadUploadProgressHandler and RadUploadModule are registered in the web.config

User control

<telerik:RadUpload ID="UploadControl" runat="server" ControlObjectsVisibility="Default" Skin="WebBlue" />
<telerik:RadProgressManager ID="RadprogressManager1" runat="server" />
<telerik:RadProgressArea ID="RadProgressArea1" runat="server" class="module">
<ProgressTemplate>
<div class="header">
<span class="contentsmallbold">File Name:</span>&nbsp;<span runat="server" id="CurrentOperation" class="contentsmallbold"></span><br />
<span class="contentsmallbold">Progress:</span>&nbsp;<span runat="server" id="PrimaryValue" class="contentsmallbold"></span>&nbsp;<span class="contentsmallbold">(</span><span runat="server" id="PrimaryPercent" class="contentsmallbold"></span>&nbsp;<span class="contentsmallbold">%)</span>
<span class="contentsmallbold">Elapsed:</span>&nbsp;<span runat="server" id="TimeElapsed" class="contentsmallbold"></span>&nbsp;<span class="contentsmallbold">Remaining:</span><span runat="server" id="TimeEstimated" class="contentsmallbold"></span><br />
<span class="contentsmallbold">Transfer Speed: </span> <span runat="server" id="Speed" class="contentsmallbold"></span>
</div>
</ProgressTemplate>
</telerik:RadProgressArea>

Web.config

<

httpHandlers>
<

add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
</httpHandlers>

<
httpModules>
<add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
</
httpModules>


Any ideas on why I still see the message.

Thanks.

Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?