Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
158 views
Hi,  im having trouble finding my radeditor inside a EditItemTemplate.  I get the Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  I am trying to change the ViewPaths inside the imagemanager during Item.  Am I missing something?

   protected void RG1_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode) 
        { 
            GridEditableItem item = e.Item as GridEditableItem; 
 
            RadEditor theEditor = item["mainContent"].Controls[0] as RadEditor; 
            theEditor.ImageManager.ViewPaths[0] = "~/SIsites/ClientFiles/ClientUploads/Images/"; 
            theEditor.ImageManager.UploadPaths[0] = "~/SIsites/ClientFiles/ClientUploads/Images/"; 
            theEditor.ImageManager.DeletePaths[0] = "~/SIsites/ClientFiles/ClientUploads/Images/"; 
        } 
 
 
    } 


<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="mainContent" HeaderText="Main Content" SortExpression="mainContent" 
                    UniqueName="mainContent" Display="false"> 
                    <EditItemTemplate> 
                        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RE1" runat="server" Content='<%# Bind("mainContent") %>' ToolsFile="~/SIadmin/editors/ToolsFile.xml" 
                            Height="200px" Width="600px" Skin="Telerik"> 
                        </telerik:RadEditor> 
                    </EditItemTemplate> 
                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
154 views
I use Vista as skin for the radcombobox. However, on disabling the control, the text is hard to see. Therefore, I wish to change the look by modifying the skin as follows:

.RadComboBoxDropDown_Vista .rcbDisabled
{
 color:#000;
 cursor:no-drop;
}

.RadComboBox_Vista .rcbDisabled
{
}


Then I change EnableEmbeddedSkin to false and register the link in one of stylesheet under head section.  But it still does not work.

Any advice to make text to be black on disable. In addition are there any place I can learn for each style in the css file provided for each control. I have browse through the documentation without avail.

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
122 views
Hi,

How do I get the container of RadMenu? eg

The code below removes the Menu not its container as well:
function OnClicking(sender, eventArgs)
{
var proceed = confirm("Are you sure you want to delete?");
if (!proceed)
{
return false;
}
else
{
alert(eventArgs.Item.Parent.LinkElement.id);
var ctrl = document.getElementById(eventArgs.Item.Parent.LinkElement.id);
ctrl.parentNode.removeChild(ctrl);
}


I want it to be:
ctrl.parentNode.PARENT.removeChild(ctrl);




More info:
My page consists of UserControls that users can reposition in the page.

Each UserControl has a Rad Menu. When a user swaps around 2 UserControls the radmenu.parent.parent result is incorrect because jquery modified the client-side html but the server-side isn't aware.Therefore using server-side code doesn't work,eg:

RadMenu_ItemClick(object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e)
{
 RadMenu radmenu = (RadMenu)sender;

MyUserControl myusercontrol = (MyUserControl)radmenu.Parent.Parent;


when 2 modules swap each others place on a page the myusercontrol is the wrong control.

Hence I'm trying to get the client side method to work, but for the life of me I cant work out how to detect the UserControl that a RadMenu's sits it.

Any help would be much appreciated
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
2 answers
172 views
Hello,

I'm working on a site for a photographer who will need to upload images to the web server. When the photographer uploads his initial files it could include many files so, I was wondering if I could use an FTP "type" of control of some sort which will allow the user to select an entire folder and upload the images without having to browse and select each individual file.

I understand that FTP is a different protocol and not HTTP but I thought perhaps someone might have an idea of how to solve this scenario.

Please let me know and many thanks in advance,

Dave
Dave Navarro
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
109 views
Telerik,

What's the replacement for the client-side method of 'RootElement' (in classic RadTreeView) ?

Rgds,
John
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
113 views
I'm using DNN 4.8.2 and have added a FormDecorator to the skin I'm using. Worked great until I went to add a new page and my permission grid check boxes didn't show up.

I've tested this with the skin I was using and with the DNN default skin (blue-horz-fixed). I have applied web20 and webblue and the permission grid check boxes don't show up. They do without the FormDecorator.

I also noticed that on the Module Install page the Browse button isn't getting skinned. I'm pretty sure it's a HTML File Input, I don't know the types for the permission grid.

Has anyone noticed any issues skinning HTML elements? (as apposed to ASP - The login button gets skinned )

Any advice on how to have the Form Decorator not make my permissions check boxes remain go invisible? I'm pretty sure they are still there... I think I can tab through them, but no outline or anything shows, it just doesn't JUMP around the page.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
2 answers
201 views
I get this ajax error when I click on a header column to sort, and while the ajax is processing, I deliberately click on another column to sort again.

description: "Sys.InvalidOperationException: ScriptLoader.loadScripts cannot be called while the ScriptLoader is already loading scripts."

In normal situations, the ajax request will be aborted when it is interrupted by another ajax request, but during grid sorting, things seem to behave differently.

I tried the method described in the FAQ -> Disable controls during AJAX, where I use a RequestStart(sender, args)
 script during Ajax request start, but it cannot work because args.EventTargetElement is null.

Ruben Sutcliffe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
160 views
I went through other messages in this thread but did not find similar question.

I am using Q1 2008 and I want to cancel the row-selecting event in some cases. here I have put a sample js method to call onrowselecting. looks like args.set_cancel(true) does not work at all. It should uncheck the checkbox that is being checked - but it does not do that. Also, if I click back on the checkbox which is already checked - it still calls - OnRowSelecting and OnRowSelected - instead of calling the Deselecting and DeSelected methods.

                <ClientEvents OnRowSelecting="onRowSelecting" />
                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />

        function onRowSelecting(sender, args)
        {
            if (confirm("Do you want to cancel this?") == true)            args.set_cancel(true);
        }
Brandon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
3 answers
252 views

Is there a simple way to bind a GridDropDownColumn to an enum?

By the way, the "Automatic operations"sample does not work for me when In-line edit is selected. I try to change any dropdown and then update the row and I get redirected to an un-existing page.
khetto
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
2 answers
339 views
I want to create a radgrid in the code-behind and then add it to a place holder which is easy enough but is there any documentation on creating template columns in this scenario? Having a tough time figuring this out...
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?