Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
78 views
I need to use Asp.net Linkbuttons in the place of the default Update/Cancel/Insert link buttons in  GridEditCommandColumn.
 
I am using the In Place editing mode  of the  Rad Grid.

Please address this issue asap.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
212 views
Hi,

May i know what is the function calling by InitInsertButton when we click on it?

if(e.Item is GridCommandItem)
{
    LinkButton LinkButton1 = e.Item.FindControl("InitInsertButton");
    LinkButton1.Enabled = false;
    LinkButton LinkButton2 = e.Item.FindControl("RebindGridButton");
    LinkButton2.Enabled = false;
}

I want to know its function name so that i can call it again after i successful inserted a new row, and allows me to insert new item again wihout click on the "add new record" link.

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards,
Soo
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
135 views
Hi,

In a particular case, I cannot set the columns of the grid on design time.
The grid column names are stored in an XML in the database. On run time this XML is fetched from the database and have to create the grid columns from this XML.
 Then in another XML, I will have the data to populate the grid.

What is the best way to do it.

I guess there is no otherway but to create the grid on run time.

Thanks
Viji
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
105 views

I have a form with a single RadGrid, RadStyleSheetManager, and RadScriptManager. I set my Skin to Office 2007.

When I run my program I'm missing the neat bar that shows up when you run your mouse curser over the items listed in the grid (see here) and run your mouse over the Grid). It seems to do this with any skin that I pick though.

Anyone have any ideas on what I may have done to cause this?

Thanks,

Brett

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
137 views
hi

Is there any property ,that returns the current calendar view ? (if no date was selected) ?
Or there is any way I can get the current month shown in the calendar ?

thanks,
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
4 answers
199 views
Hi I'm using the beta version of the menu and I'm getting a "{"Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenu' to type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuItem'."}" error whenever I try to access the Level property. I don't know where to reprot beta issues, so here it is. This is what my code looks like...

If

Not e.Item.Level = 0 Then

No way it's me right?


Luke Edwards
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
149 views
Hi
I have dynamic docking zones and objects which work fine in IE, but in firefox i'm encountering an error.

On my dynamic raddockableObject i'm adding a command and setting it to autopostback = true.
Its reaching my Javascript on the page which does 

__doPostBack(

'onClientClose', '');

However, the DockableObject_Command does not get triggered in firefox, but it does in IE.

Please can you point out where there might be a difference.

I can see other people have had this problem but have been answered in a support ticket - So here i'm repeating what i could have found out already!

Thanks
John

John Horlock
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
116 views
Does the Prometheus version of RAD controls support Json Data binding capablity,

I have a requirement to dynamically populate the grid on click of a button(not post back), through UI service,

Can any one please tell is this possible at all in RAD if so how?

Regards
Santosh Hegde
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
2 answers
134 views
The file could not be uploaded because the application did not have enough permissions. Please, contact the administrator.
Support ATT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
151 views
Hiya

I've been looking at the RadScriptManager control and the way it combines javascript into a single file. Im concerned about the way it effects browser caching but am not sure im understanding it correctly.

For example if I have:
    page1.aspx
        -RadGrid
        -RadCalendar
        -RadEditor
     page2.aspx
         -RadCalendar
    page3.aspx
        -RadGrid

Am i correct in thinking that every page will generate a unique .axd file based on the controls within that page (looking at my IE cache this seems to be the case) and therefore the browser will never (or rarely) have a cached copy of the script when it hits a page for the first time.

Without RadScriptManager, once a user has visited page1.aspx they will have all the scripts they need in browser cache for page2 and page3.

I hope that makes sense. Have I understood this correctly and if so will this not impact performance for those with slow connections as it downloads a script file for every single page they hit?

Many thanks

Andrew Jones
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?