Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
148 views
Hi,

I have a grid with several columns, I setup the grid to NOT wrap any column, but what is appening is that it doesn't work for datatime columns, all other work fine!

How can I correct this?

Thanks,
Pedro Camacho
Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
4 answers
450 views
I have a RadGrid wich use a popup form.
I have disabled 'EnableEmbeddedSkins' and so using my own style.  What I can not seam to do is change the close (x) button at the top right of the popup box.

I have tried setting the EditColumn-CancelImageUrl to a differet img but not nothing had changed.

 <EditFormSettings CaptionFormatString="Edit Business Unit: {0}" EditFormType="Template"  EditColumn-CancelImageUrl="../img/grid/Cancel.gif" CaptionDataField="BusinessUnit" > 
                <FormStyle BackColor="#eef1ba" BorderColor="#3b3b3a"   BorderWidth="1" BorderStyle="Solid"  /> 
                <FormTemplate> 
                    <div class="Editform"> 
                        <!-- Business unit --> 
                        <div> 
                            <label> 
                                <asp:Label ID="lblBusinessUnit" runat="server" Text="Business Unit: "></asp:Label></label> 
                            <asp:TextBox ID="txtBusinessUnit" runat="server" CssClass="textInput" Width="200" 
                                TabIndex="1" Text='<%# Bind( "BusinessUnit") %>'></asp:TextBox> 
                        </div> 
                        <br style="clear: both;" /> 
                        <!-- Archive --> 
                        <div> 
                            <label> 
                                <asp:Label ID="lblArchive" runat="server" Text="Archive"></asp:Label> 
                            </label> 
                            <asp:CheckBox ID="chkArchive" runat="server" Checked='<%# (DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Archive").ToString()!="False"?true:false) %>' /> 
                            <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumnEditor ID="GridCheckBoxColumnEditor1" runat="server"> 
                            </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumnEditor> 
                        </div> 
                        <br style="clear: both;" /> 
                        <div> 
                            <label> 
                            </label> 
                            <asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" Text='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "Insert" : "Update" %>' 
                                runat="server" CommandName='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "PerformInsert" : "Update" %>'> 
                            </asp:Button>&nbsp; 
                            <asp:Button ID="btnCancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server" CausesValidation="False" 
                                CommandName="Cancel"></asp:Button> 
                        </div> 
                    </div> 
                </FormTemplate> 
                <PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" Height="150" Width="400"></PopUpSettings> 
            </EditFormSettings> 

Thanks
Paul
pbarron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
7 answers
176 views
I have recently begun implementing the RadPanelBar in place of the Ajax Accordion control (which is quite limited in features).

On the "expand" event of a panel I populate it's content via ajax.
However, once the data is returned I get a couple of script errors from Telerik's WebResource file:

Error: 'this.get_element().offsetHeight' is null or not an object
Error: '_getAnimationContainer().style' is null or not an object

My RadPanelBar is within a splitter pane.

I'm getting close to go-live date so I'd appreciate a speedy response.

Cheers,
Daron
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi

I'm trying to use three cascading combo boxes in my EditTemplate for a radGrid (cboCountry, cboProvince, cboCity).  They populate properly when I choose to Edit a record in the grid, and I am able to select different values in cboCity.  However, when I try to change cboCountry or cboProvince the following error occurs:

Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control

I guess that after the SelectedIndexChanged event the combo box does not re-bind and instead tries to populate itself from the saved ViewState? Not too sure about this...

I have looked through the videos and documentation and not found an sample that addresses this scenario...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
105 views
Hi, I have a grid with tree hierarchy levels. How to access ItemCreated event handler for items in second level?
Thanks, Ana
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
302 views
I have a regular radWindow used for data entry.  I need to run a data verification check when the window is closed to validate the data (that will do an ajax callback to the server).  If the close button is clicked, I need to run the validation check and abort the close request if necessary (prevent the window from closing).

Is this possible?

Alternatively, is is possible to modify the radWindow's title bar to add a custom button (design or runtime)?.

Best Regards,

Etienne
EM
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
325 views
Is there any way to detect the actual click event of the RadUpload Select button on the client side?  In other words when the user clicks Select to browse for a file, I want to immediately call a javascript function.  I understand that the control has to do a postback, but can call a javascript function before it does the postback?

Also, is there a way to detect, on the client side, that a file was actually selected?

Thanks
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
488 views
Hi

I want to pass parameters in the url to a radWindow, I'm trying to put this, NavigateUrl="Configuracion.aspx?cliente='<%=me.Label1.Text %>'", but it doesn't send the label1 value.

Also, I have tried to put navigate url in button click, but the application doesn't entry to my code, because it execute the client code first.

How can I pass this parameter to my url, if my parameter is will loaded from a label?

Best regards.
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
3 answers
117 views
I've noticed that when I change the rad window Skin the appearance doesn't change.  Oddly when I look at the online demo I see the same behavior?

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Window/Examples/Skinning/DefaultCS.aspx
david
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi All,

I'm currently using Telerik.Web.UI.dll 2008.1.415.35.  I've problem with sef reference grid when the line below is called:

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.FilterExpression =

"ParentID = 0";

I never have this problem when using the previous version of the grid.

Please, help.  Below is an example of the seff reference grid


*ASPX

<%

@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="NewSelfRef2.aspx.cs" Inherits="NewSelfRef2" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<div>

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" Skin="" Width= "97%" OnNeedDataSource= "RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" GridLines="None" ShowHeader="False">

<MasterTableView HierarchyDefaultExpanded="True" HierarchyLoadMode="Client" DataKeyNames= "ParentID, ID" Width="100%" AutoGenerateColumns="False">

<SelfHierarchySettings ParentKeyName="ParentID" KeyName="ID"/>

<Columns>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Name" DataField="Name" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="Entity Name" HeaderStyle-Width="200px"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ParentID" DataField="ParentID" ItemStyle-Width="100px" HeaderStyle-Width="100px" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="User Count"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ID" DataField="ID" ReadOnly="true" HeaderText="Type" HeaderStyle-Width="194px"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns>

</MasterTableView>

</telerik:RadGrid>

</div>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>

*ASPX.CS

using

System;

 

using

System.Collections;

 

using

System.Configuration;

 

using

System.Data;

 

using

System.Linq;

 

using

System.Web;

 

using

System.Web.Security;

 

using

System.Web.UI;

 

using

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

 

using

System.Web.UI.WebControls;

 

using

System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;

 

using

System.Xml.Linq;

 

using

Telerik.Web.UI;

 

 

public

partial class NewSelfRef2 : System.Web.UI.Page

 

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (!IsPostBack)

{

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.FilterExpression =

"ParentID = 0";

}

}

private void AddRow(DataTable table, Int32 ID, Int32 ParentID, string Name)

{

DataRow row = table.NewRow();

row[

"ID"] = ID;

row[

"ParentID"] = ParentID;

row[

"Name"] = Name;

table.Rows.Add(row);

}

protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

{

DataTable table = new DataTable();

table.Columns.Add(

"Name", System.Type.GetType("System.String"));

table.Columns.Add(

"ID", System.Type.GetType("System.Int32"));

table.Columns.Add(

"ParentID", System.Type.GetType("System.Int32"));

DataColumn[] PrimaryKeys = new DataColumn[1];

PrimaryKeys[0] = table.Columns[

"ID"];

table.PrimaryKey = PrimaryKeys;

AddRow(table, 1, 0,

"President");

AddRow(table, 2, 1,

"Vice President");

AddRow(table, 3, 2,

"CEO");

AddRow(table, 4, 2,

"CTO");

AddRow(table, 5, 4,

"Group PM");

AddRow(table, 6, 5,

"PM 1");

AddRow(table, 7, 5,

"PM 2");

AddRow(table, 8, 6,

"Team Leader 1");

AddRow(table, 9, 8,

"Software Engineer 1");

AddRow(table, 10, 8,

"Software Engineer 2");

AddRow(table, 11, 6,

"Test Lead 1");

AddRow(table, 12, 11,

"Tester 1");

AddRow(table, 13, 11,

"Tester 2");

AddRow(table, 14, 7,

"Team leader 2");

AddRow(table, 15, 14,

"Software Engineer 3");

AddRow(table, 16, 14,

"Software Engineer 4");

AddRow(table, 17, 7,

"Test Lead 2");

AddRow(table, 18, 17,

"Tester 3");

AddRow(table, 19, 17,

"Tester 4");

AddRow(table, 20, 17,

"Tester 5");

table.AcceptChanges();

RadGrid1.DataSource = table;

}

}

 

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?