Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
462 views
I have a date picker that I don't show (dateinput hidden with CSS display:none, popup button visible=false) initially.  I show the popup via java script on the client side when an ASP.NET image button is clicked.

That all works fine EXCEPT for the calendar shows in the upper left hand of the window, rather than when it's put on the page.

How can I find it's position and show the calendar there?

Here's the declaration for the control:

<telerik:RadDatePicker runat="server" MinDate="1/1/2000" ID="ScheduleDatePicker"
    AutoPostBack="true" DateInput-ShowButton="false" UseEmbeddedScripts="false">
    <DateInput CssClass="none"  />
    <DatePopupButton Visible="false" />
    <Calendar ShowRowHeaders="false" skin="Web20" />
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

Here's the javascript to show it:

        function TogglePopup() {
            var picker = $find("<%= ScheduleDatePicker.ClientID %>");
            picker.showPopup();           
            return false;
        }

I know I can pass x/y coordinates to the showPopup function.  How can I get the x/y coordinates of the (not visible) date picker OR a related ASP.NET image button on the page?
DonKitchen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
4 answers
428 views
Hi, I have one probably very simple question, but I have to ask for help because of a lack of time.
Using literal controls in radgrid (something like 
RadGrid1.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(string.Format("<span style='color:yellow;font-weight:bolder;'>{0}</span>", text)));),
how's it possible to place that literal control on the top instead of the bottom of the grid?
Thanks, Ana
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
3 answers
90 views
can anyone give me an example of how to use the FastNavigationStep property for a datetime picker. I want it to move every 12 months.

Thanks.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
118 views
Hi

I'm trying to use three cascading combo boxes in my EditTemplate for a radGrid (cboCountry, cboProvince, cboCity).  They populate properly when I choose to Edit a record in the grid, and I am able to select different values in cboCity.  However, when I try to change cboCountry or cboProvince the following error occurs:

Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control

I have working templates using just one combo box, but am unable to get anything working with the cascading combos.  I have looked through the videos and documentation and not found an sample that addresses this scenario...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
109 views
Hello,

Was the issue with the DOCTYPE of HTML 4.0 and positioning of ToolTip addressed? I am still having problems with it after upgrade to the new version, but not sure what it is - old bug or a new one.

Regards,
Konstantin
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
56 views
How do I go about creating a slide effect when a user executes the DockExpandCollapseCommand??
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
3 answers
128 views
What Controls Support RadMultiPage Control?

So far all I see is RadTabStrip.  Does any other control support it?

I would like to switch between pages without posting back.

RadMenu and RadPanelBar requires you to post back.

Thanks,
Roger

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
94 views
Hi,

I have a aspx page using raddock, everything is fine, user can add/delete stuff in individual rad window, dock window will automatically increase its size if user put more and more stuffs in, however if user delete stuff in a dock window, it will not automatically resize to a smaller window so user can see a lot of blank space in there...

I guess this is something only javascript can fix it?


Many thanks
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
74 views

Hello,

I'm trying to open a modal RadWindow from within one, but it just doesn't behave like one would expect it to. The following example used to work in "old" RadControls. I assumed this would be fixed when "Prometheus" was out of beta, but I guess this one slipped through.

Perhaps, I'm not doing this the right way?

Default.aspx:

    <script> 
        function OpenWin()    
        {  
          var oWnd = window.top.radopen("WebForm1.aspx", null);  
        }     
    </script> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Modal="true"></telerik:RadWindowManager> 
          
        <asp:Button ID="ButtonWindowOpen" runat="server" Text="Open Window" OnClientClick="OpenWin(); return false;" /> 
    </form> 

WebForm1.aspx
    <script> 
        function OpenWin()    
        {  
          var oWnd = window.top.radopen("WebForm1.aspx", null);  
        }     
    </script> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <asp:Button ID="ButtonWindowOpen" runat="server" Text="Open Window" OnClientClick="OpenWin(); return false;" /> 
    </form> 
Sasa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
9 answers
201 views
Hi,

I need to apply conditional formatting of items, but based on values in the row which arent being bound.  How do I do this, which event is it I can capture which gives me access to the underlying row, not just the cells being bound - and how do I get a reference to a cell in this method so I can apply my formatting.

Regards

Indy
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?