Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
110 views
The file could not be uploaded because the application did not have enough permissions. Please, contact the administrator.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
6 answers
302 views
Hi,

I am trying to bind a RadTreeView to a SPDataSource.

The SPDataSource points to a SharePoint List which has the following columns :

  • ID
  • ParentID
  • Title
My list contains the following items :
ID  ParentID  Title
1                    News
2    1              Politics
3    1              Sports
4    1              Events


Here's the code for the RadTreeView inside my page :

<rad:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server"  
  DataSourceID="spdatasource1"  
  DataFieldID="ID"  
  DataFieldParentID="ParentID"  
  DataTextField="Title"> 
</rad:RadTreeView> 
 

But instead of displaying my nodes in the proper hierarchy, they are all on the same level.

Thanks for your help,

Eric
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
122 views

Hi,

As stated in the links below, the Ribbonbar toolbar mode should be release with the first version of the RadEditor:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bcmkaa.aspx#503304
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-hhthb.aspx#468137

Is it there? I can't find it in the samples..

Thanks..

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
6 answers
128 views
Using the window.radopen() to return the window object and having it display is very limiting.

The problem is setting the size, status, title and all the options after the window has already been displayed.

Is there a way to get the object back in a hidden state, so the window can be initialized properly before displaying.  Nothing in the docs seem to suggest this is possible.

Thanks.

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
16 answers
325 views
The process I was told to use for this with 'classic' controls was to use something like this ...
    void Grid_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) { 
      if(e.Item is GridCommandItem) { 
        GridCommandItem ci = e.Item as GridCommandItem; 
        ci.Controls.Clear(); 
        ci.Controls.Add(new TableCell()); 
        ci.Cells[0].Controls.Add(CreateCommandItemTemplate()); 
      } 
    } 
Is this still the preferred mechanism for doing with when using AJAX Grid and ToolBar?

--
Stuart

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
127 views

I have added a new item to the toolsfile.xml:

    <tool name="InsertAbbr" />

If I want to add a custom icon to the tool using the iconurl property, where is the best place to store the icon?

George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
153 views
Heres the scenario..

I have a RadEditor placed inside a ModalPopupExtender. When I call the script to popup the control with the editor inside it, everything works fine. However, the standard problem with ModalPopupExtender, is if I close the popup and then reopen it, the previous contents will not be cleared. Even if I did a server side clear, the nature of the extender does not refresh the contents, unless its placed inside an UpdatePanel.

Heres where the problem arises. Only in Firefox, under these circumstances (Editor inside an UpdatePanel inside a ModalPopupExtender), the editor stays in ReadOnly mode and I cant type anything. It works fine in IE. I'm not sure whats the cause or how to fix this. Has anyone else faced this problem?


George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
91 views
List with column type multi line and Rich Text Editor option selected not showing Rad Editor.

Deployed Rad Editor solution at the Site Collection level and the Rad Editors features are active at the site collection level.

Content Pages are showing Rad Editor Tool bar and on teh same site the list are not showing Rad Editor Toolbar.

Any clues why or what I can check?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
3 answers
89 views
Hi,
I have 8 RadDockableObject in a RadDockingZone in a same page. The  RadDockingZone are causing errors on my layout. They are creating a IFRAME with these atributes:
display: inline;
frameborder:0;
left:-10000px;
overflow:hidden;
position:absolute;
scrolling:no;
src:javascript:'';
top:-10000px;

These 8 IFRAMES are only displayed on Internet Explorer (I had tested on v6.0 and v7.0) but don't appear on Mozilla Firefox.
What I'll have to do to don't appear these IFRAMES?
My code of the RadDockableObject is:

<cc1:RadDockableObject ID="rdoEnquete" runat="server" Text="&nbsp;"  BorderStyle="None" Width="150px" DockingMode="Disabled" Behavior="None" BorderWidth="0px" >
    <ContentTemplate>
        <table class="texto" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%" align="center" border="0">
            <tr>
                <td align="center">
                    <uc17:UCEnquetes ID="UCEnquetes1" runat="server" />
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>                                            
    </ContentTemplate>
    <Commands>
        <cc1:RadDockableObjectCommand Enabled="False" Name="Expand" ToolTip="Mostrar" />
        <cc1:RadDockableObjectCommand Name="Collapse" ToolTip="Esconder" Enabled="False" />
        </Commands>                        
</cc1:RadDockableObject>                                    

And my code of RadDockingZone is:

<cc1:RadDockingZone ID="rdzEsquerdaPrincipal" runat="server" BackColor="Transparent" BorderColor="Transparent" Width="150px" MinimumHeight="0px" MinimumWidth="1px" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="0px" Height="0px">
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
97 views
Oops, I opened this thread in the General section, sorry for that.

Hi,

I am looking for a way to browse a document library in SharePoint in order to create a link from a selected document to a field in a Wiki article. So within a wiki article I'd like the user to open TreeView, locate the document, and select it to paste a link of that document into the specified field. Is that possible with TreeView?

I know I can do this via copy and paste into the link dialogue box but I want to make the process as seamless as possible with as few clicks as possible. 

Thanks very much in advance.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?