Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
164 views
Hi

i have gridview that bind to database
in database there are bit filed in UI i want to display it as YES or NO
how can do this ? or eny samples like that
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
142 views

My environment includes DNN v4.8.2 and VS.NET 2008.  My goal is to make a Web User Control with your RadGrid enclosed within the object and distribute it as a DNN module.

According to the documentation I have read and also viewed, to make a module for DNN v4.8.2 requires me to make a directory within the DesktopModules and include the Web User Control within this directory.  Also copy my DLL built by the project into the BIN directory.  I tested this process and it works great.

Now I want to include your RadGrid in this Web User Control.  I plan to make changes to the web.config file for the connection string and then add your control to the Web User Control.  Well I need to know what I need to distribute with your product in the BIN directory.  Do I include the XML files with the DLL files?  Do I have to register anything extra?  Do I need to in my code behind insert the connection string or is your object already aware since I setup the properties?

A reference to documents that can help me in this endeavor would help a bunch, especially about DNN which is the reason I chose your product over DevExpress.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
184 views
We use a tool from the Microsoft ASP.NET Futures (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5189bcb-ef81-4c12-9733-e294d13a58e6&displaylang=en) to extract JS files from an assembly and this tool fails to get all the JS files from Telerik.Web.UI.dll because of the following error:

Can't find resource stream Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Navigation.AttributeCollection.js

Could you fix all references to missing resource files?

Thanks, Mark
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
107 views
I just downloaded the latest version. I am a little confused about what I need on the server. I only see a few dlls and I no longer see the RadControls Directory
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
8 answers
824 views
Hey guys, I'm hoping you can help clear up my ScriptManager issues.  What I have are pages utilizing the RadControls and now a newer set of pages that are going to use Prometheus.

I realized I was approaching the ScriptManager scenario in the wrong way when I would place one in each of the pages.  I soon figured out that it's best to just place it in the Master Page, especially in my case where all the inherit pages will be utilizing AJAX in some capacity.

Anyway, the problem is that using the ASP.NET ScriptManager seems to work fine with the older RadControls but the newer Prometheus controls bark, saying "control with id blah blah requires a script manager".

Now I guess ideally I would rather use the Prometheus ScriptManager, however then the older controls get upset.  Can someone kindly straighten this out for me?

Thanks.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
97 views
Hi,

When I use the FormDecorator along with RadGrid, the checkboxes (gridclientselectcolumn) cannot be checked and the bottom side of each checkbox is cut (IE), whereas in FF they are totaly invisible.

Can you check it, please?

Nir.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
6 answers
306 views
Hi there,

When using a RadGrid in a form decorated with the RadFormDecorator, if the grid contains a column with centered radiobuttons, the alignment of the column changes to left aligned. In addition, the radiobuttons are cut off.

Any ideas?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hello!

I have upgraded to the new ajax controls in our project and an existing grid has stopped working properly...

On the ItemDataBound it grabs the value out of column 3 and then runs it through a function to display a new value in column 4 which is a template column.. this is the existing code..


 
            if( e.Item is GridDataItem ) {                  
                GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;  
                if (item.OwnerTableView.Name == "ControlFields")  
                {  
                    CultureInfo ci = new CultureInfo(selectedEditCulture);  
 
                    string controlName = item.OwnerTableView.ParentItem["Name"].Text;  
 
                    string culture = ci.Name;  
                    string parentCulture = ci.TwoLetterISOLanguageName;  
 
                    string key = item.Cells[4].Text;  //<THIS LINE
                    string value = string.Empty;  
 
                    value = doFunction(key);  
                    if (item.IsInEditMode)  
                    {  
                        
                        TextBox tb = (TextBox)item.FindControl("txtValue");  
 
                        if (tb != null)  
                            tb.Text = value;  
                    } else {  
                        Label lb = (Label)item.FindControl("lblValue");  
                        if (lb != null)  
                            lb.Text = value;  
                    }                  
                }  
            } 

This was working fine before we upgraded (altho possibly not the best way of doing it), but now the line
string key = item.Cells[4].Text;  

brings back a value of "&nbsp;" when in editmode.

Why would this have stopped working?

Thanks

Bex
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
285 views
do you have example how to use 

get_masterTableView().get_selectedItems() to retrieve data?

I use ItemTemplate, I dont' know how to retrieve data out from clientside?

please see the grid as following:

<

telerik:RadPane ID="RadPaneGrid" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%">

 

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None"

 

Width="99%" Height="586px" OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound"

OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource1"

Skin="Office2007" AllowSorting="True" AllowPaging="True">

 

<MasterTableView Width="100%">

 

<Columns>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Severity" SortExpression="Severity" UniqueName="Severity">

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<asp:Image ID="imgSeverity" runat="server" />

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSeverity" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Severity") %>'></asp:Label>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Error Code" SortExpression="ErrorCode" UniqueName="ErrorCode">

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblErrorCode" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ErrorCode") %>'></asp:Label>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Occured" SortExpression="Time_Stamp" UniqueName="Time_Stamp">

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblTimeStamp" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Time_Stamp") %>'></asp:Label>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Server/EDU" SortExpression="EDU" UniqueName="EDU">

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblEdu" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("EDU") %>'></asp:Label>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Message" SortExpression="Message" UniqueName="Message">

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblMessage" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Message") %>'></asp:Label>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Received" SortExpression="UpDate_Time" UniqueName="UpDate_Time">

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblUpdateTime" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Update_Time") %>'></asp:Label>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

</Columns>

 

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

 

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

 

</RowIndicatorColumn>

 

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">

 

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

 

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

 

<EditFormSettings>

 

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" />

 

</EditFormSettings>

 

</MasterTableView>

 

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

 

<ClientSettings ReorderColumnsOnClient="True">

 

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

 

<Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" />

 

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" ScrollHeight="99.9%" />

 

<ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu="RowContextMenu" />

 

</ClientSettings>

 

</telerik:RadGrid>


any help will be appreciated!

Thank you very much!


Zhengmao,

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
97 views
I have some code that will keep the grid open on a rebind, but it is only on the first level of a hierachical grid.  I have a grid that had 3 layers to it and on an insert, the grid gets rebound, how can I keep the 2nd and 3rd level open.  Then code I use for the first level is:

Private

Sub SelectInsertedRecord(ByVal ID As String)

Dim item As GridDataItem

For Each item In Me.dgBuilderProject.Items

If item.Item("ProjectId").Text = ID Then

item.Selected =

True

item.Expanded =

True

Exit For

End If

Next

End Sub 'SelectInsertedRecord


Any help would be appreciated!!!
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?