Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
137 views
Hi,
Few questions here!... (VB)
I have a grid that is used to display tasks. These tasks have a date/time that may or may not be 'overdue' (past current time)..
What i would like to do is..
1) Show rows with red background colour for overdue rows
2) Not have a 'description' column, but show the description as tooltip when hover over row
3) auto-size the columns to column content

Are these possible ? (i'm sure they are, just need help !)

Also, i have used (below), but how do i change the column header etc.. I seem to have 0 columns in collection

Many Thanks In Advance
Mark

Protected Sub grdTasks_NeedDataSource(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles grdTasks.NeedDataSource

grdTasks.DataSource = GetDataTable(query)

End Sub

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
146 views
I have a toolbar button which cancels the postback to the server and then updates an AJAX panel on the page. When this completes the toolbar button is still highlighted. I have to click somewhere else for the highlight to go away.

This is not a major bug I know, but since the button's action has been completed it really shouldn't be highlighted anymore. I have multiple buttons with this behavior too. Is there a way I can fix this? I made a guess and tried setting button.set_focused(false); after canceling the event propagation, but this doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't blow up either, so I'm guessing the set_focused method is there.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Terry

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
175 views
Is this not implemented in RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX? Was in the ASP.NET one.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
128 views

I'm running Visual Studio 2008 with the RadControls ASP.NET AJAX.

More often than not, when I make a change in the source of my ASPX I lose ALL the controls on my form when I switch back to design mode.

What I've figured out is, if I make an error in my source, for example if it says:
telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" blah blah blah I delete the "I" in ID, then it'll say: "Design view is out of sync with Source view. Click here to synchronize views." I click that, then I go and put the "I" back in ID, then the "Design view is out of sync with source view" comes up again, I click that and then the control reappears in the design view.

If I do that for each of the controls that are missing it comes back. Then at some point they'll all disappear and then if I go through the process they'll come back again.

It also seems to come up the most when I put in a table or edit a table, then VS adds in some Style markup, if I delete the style markup, then go through the above process the controls will come back.

It's more of an annoyance than anything else, everything works, and I saw that there was a hotfix for something similar for VS2008, but that didn't help.

Perhaps a bug in VS2008? It only does it for my Telerik Controls though, the MS ones don't disappear. 

I'm just curious to see if anyone else has run into this?

Brett

Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
6 answers
323 views
Hi, All:

I have a question.  Under normal mode, I need to hide a column; but in Edit mode, I have to display the column for editing.  Please help.

here is a portion of RadGrid:

<rad:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Billed" >
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:TextBox ID="tbBilled" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Billed", "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}") %>'></asp:TextBox>
</EditItemTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="lblBilled" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Billed", "{0:MM/dd/yyyy}") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</rad:GridTemplateColumn>

Stanley Huang
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hello,

I'm having a Problem with the RadDatePicker Control when it resides in a dynamically loaded UserControl. On other pages it works but in dynamically loaded UserControls a javascript error pops up.

Is this a known Bug?

I'm running the latest version of Radcontrols for ASP.NET AJAX

I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Best regards
Jakob Mandery
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
89 views
Hi,

I have grid with 2 columns. There are textbox in the first column footer cell and textbox with button in the second and I'd like to have possibility add new item via footer. But my controls always have read only state. Is it possible to use footer for this feature?

Thanks.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
169 views
I have an issue with RadComboBox. After postback the drop down list no longer visible. The postback is redirected to a new window. I know it worked in previous version but it does not work in new version.
Thank you.

ASP CODE

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"> 
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server"> 
        </telerik:RadStyleSheetManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server"> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <div> 
            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmbState" runat="server" CausesValidation="True" Height="140px" 
                MarkFirstMatch="True" Skin="Vista" ToolTip="Select a State" Width="150px"> 
                <Items> 
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem1" /> 
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem2" /> 
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem3" /> 
                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem4" /> 
                </Items> 
                <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" /> 
                <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" /> 
            </telerik:RadComboBox> 
            <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" PostBackUrl="~/Default2.aspx" Text="Button" 
                UseSubmitBehavior="False" /> 
        </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 


Code:
using System; 
using System.Data; 
using System.Configuration; 
using System.Web; 
using System.Web.Security; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 
using System.Text; 
 
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page  
{ 
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (!IsPostBack) 
        { 
            //Form.Target = "_blank"; 
        } 
    } 
 
    protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        RegisterResetPostback(Button1); 
    } 
 
    static PostBackOptions GetPostBackOptions(Button button) 
    { 
        PostBackOptions options = new PostBackOptions(button, string.Empty); 
        options.ClientSubmit = false; 
        if (button.Page != null) 
        { 
            if (button.CausesValidation && (button.Page.GetValidators(button.ValidationGroup).Count > 0)) 
            { 
                options.PerformValidation = true; 
                options.ValidationGroup = button.ValidationGroup; 
            } 
            if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(button.PostBackUrl)) 
            { 
                options.ActionUrl = HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(button.ResolveClientUrl(button.PostBackUrl)); 
            } 
            options.ClientSubmit = !button.UseSubmitBehavior; 
        } 
        return options; 
    } 
 
    static void RegisterResetPostback(Button button) 
    { 
        if (button == null || button.Page == null) 
        { 
            return; 
        } 
 
        string postBackEventReference = button.Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(GetPostBackOptions(button), false); 
        if (postBackEventReference != null) 
        { 
            if (!postBackEventReference.EndsWith(";")) 
            { postBackEventReference += ";"; } 
            button.OnClientClick = string.Format("return {0}_OnPostBack(this);", button.UniqueID); 
            if (!button.Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered(button.GetType(), button.UniqueID)) 
            { 
                StringBuilder buffer = new StringBuilder(2000); 
                buffer.AppendLine(); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\tfunction " + button.UniqueID + "_OnPostBack(sender) {"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\tif(sender!=null && sender.form !=null) {"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\tvar action = sender.form.action;"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\tvar target = sender.form.target;"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\tsender.form.target = \"_blank\";"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\t"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\t" + postBackEventReference); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\t"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\tsender.form.action=action;"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t\tsender.form.target=target;"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\t}"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t\treturn true;"); 
                buffer.AppendLine("\t}"); 
                buffer.AppendLine(); 
                button.Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(button.GetType(), button.UniqueID, buffer.ToString(), true); 
            } 
        } 
    } 
} 




Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
289 views
greetings, I've got a scheduler control which I'm using as an events calendar (read only). so far it's working very well, except I tried to optimize the queries using the VisibleRangeStart and VisibleRangeEnd properties of the control. The problem is that sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't.

I added a Response.Write() of these two values so I can track what is changing on postback.

my page starts out with month view, and the output shows that it's reading from 3/30/2008 - 5/4/2008, which is great that's what I need. But then I click the Week view button, and the date range still shows the same range instead of the smaller week view from 4/20/2008 - 4/26/2008. If I then click to the previous week, I then SEE the date range 4/13 - 4/19, however the variables I'm outputting show that the range NOW is 4/20-4/27.

it looks like the visible range properties are not being updated until AFTER the page posts back, so how am I supposed to properly bind to the datasource?

I should add that I'm binding to a custom object on Page_Load, not using the datasource.

any help is appreciated!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
291 views
Is it possible to close a modal tooltip from server-side (using RegisterClientScriptBlock I guess) in VB?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?