Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
180 views
Is there a way to suppress the horizontal scroll bar?  I'm using Prometheus, and no matter how wide I make the DropDownListWidth, the horizontal scrollbar is still visible.

Thanks,
Jim
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
168 views
I would like the drop down width to be as large as it needs to be to show the data without wrapping and horizontal scroll.  Is it possible for the Combo to determine on it's own how wide it needs to be?

I could count the character of the largest item - but that's not a very good solution since a change in styles will change how much space you need.

Thanks
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
102 views
First of all, this is what I have.

<RadPanelBar>
    <Items>
        <PanelItem Expanded ="true" Value="ReadContent">
            Read only controls
        </PanelItem>
        <PanelItem Expanded ="false" Value="EditContent">
            Writable controls
        </PanelItem>
    </Items>
</RadPanelBar>

and then expand/collapse is strictly controlled by a javascript automatically.
so you don't get to click anywhere to either expand or collapse panels.

Now my question is, is there any way to remove the height of the collapsed panel ? I see a little bit of height left within it. is there any way to remove it completely using a style or something ?

I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks,


I'd apprecaite it if you could help me.
Thanks.


Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
130 views
I have a grid that is always in EditMode for all rows. 
(what happend to attachment's?  I would add a picture but... can't)

I need to be able to do an autopostback for the Quantity Column which works fine by setting it in ItemCreated like this:

 

Private Sub ItemsGrid_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, _  
                                  ByVal e As GridItemEventArgs) _  
                                  Handles ItemsGrid.ItemCreated  
    If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditableItem AndAlso _  
               e.Item.IsInEditMode) Then  
        Dim item As GridEditableItem = CType(e.Item, GridEditableItem)  
        Dim editor As GridTextBoxColumnEditor = _ 
            CType(item.EditManager.GetColumnEditor("Quantity"),  _  
                  GridTextBoxColumnEditor)  
        With editor.TextBoxControl  
            .AutoPostBack = True 
            .EnableViewState = True 
        End With  
    End If  
End Sub  
 

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
4 answers
233 views
I am completely new to the Telerik suite of controls.

I found that I was having a great deal of trouble with configuring toolbars for SpellCheck. I could see that the demo code worked, and that if I used the default set of tools, it worked fine.

But adding my own EditorTool for "SpellCheck" yielded only "The command SpellCheck is not implemented yet", which is obviously not true.

I think the documentation should be amended to make it clear that the tool is now actually "AjaxSpellCheck".

Tomica
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
138 views
Hi All

This is my first play with your controls, and whisle I got it all working with no problem, I'm having a problem with modifying a skin. I've read all the docs I can and tied several different configs , all to no eval.

I want to take the Default Slin and modify it. The docs say copy it from the install folder, register the CSS and use the new skin name.

The menu works, but has no styling, only the text of the menu (from a sitemapdatasource)

What is the destination of the copied files, currently I have copied then to my App-Themes folder under my app name, and how do I configure the control?

Andy
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
223 views
Hello,

I'm currently trying to get the RadAjaxLoadingPanel to show up when the OnClientTimeSlotClick event is fired.  Currently the LoadingPanel shows up when insert, update and delete events are fired.  But anytime I call a javascript function it doesn't show up.  Since OnClientTimeSlotClick is a client side event related to the scheduler shouldn't the loading ClientEvents OnRequestStart execute?

Is there any way for me to get the Loading Panel to show when the OnClientTimeSlotClick is executed from the Scheduler?

function RequestStart(sender, eventArgs)

{

currentLoadingPanel = $find(

"<%=this.RadAjaxLoadingPanel1.ClientID%>");

currentUpdatedControl =

"<%=this.RadScheduler1.ClientID%>";

//show the loading panel over the updated control

currentLoadingPanel.show(currentUpdatedControl);

}

function ResponseEnd(sender, eventArgs)

{

//hide the loading panel and clean up the global variables

if (currentLoadingPanel != null)

currentLoadingPanel.hide(currentUpdatedControl);

currentUpdatedControl =

null;

currentLoadingPanel =

null;

}


function OnClientTimeSlotClick(sender, eventArgs)

{

var eventTimeSlotClicked = eventArgs.get_time();

var hdnCalendarStartDate = document.getElementById("<%=this.hdnCalendarStartDate.ClientID%>");

hdnCalendarStartDate.value = eventTimeSlotClicked;

__doPostBack(

"<%=this.hdnCalendarStartDate.ClientID%>", eventTimeSlotClicked);

}


On the ASP Page I have

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadScheduler1">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadScheduler1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

<ClientEvents OnRequestStart="RequestStart" OnResponseEnd="ResponseEnd" />

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Thanks,
David

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
183 views
the image editor is great- a number of my clients have been waiting anxiously for this.
i found a problem when resizing very large images-  the quality is shot.  is there a way to maintain 95% jpeg compression and use some of the more advanced imaging components in .net to achieve the thumb?
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

Can I bind content into a RadEditor when using it in a RadGrid in edit mode?  If so, how?

Thanks.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
208 views
Hi,

Is it possible to implement the exact same behavior that the one we have with the 

GridClientDeleteColumn

in an Image OnClick client event in a template column?

I mean the same behavior in the same order. The GridClientDeleteColumn make the row disapear before doing any custom ajaxrequest.

That gives a pretty nice user interaction, but i want it in a image in a template column if it can be possible.

So the real question is, can i delete a row from a client event other that the one on the GridClientDeleteColumn  so that the OnRowDeleted client event is raised.

Thanks,
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?