Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
197 views
I am looking for best practices and the answer to where I am going wrong.  I am creating the grid with bound columns (not autogenerated).  I have enabled paging.  I am querying an Oracle database and returning about 18,000 rows.

I placing these returing rows into a datatable.  I am setting that datatable to the grid datasource in the NeedDataSource Event. 

Here is my problem with the grid:

1.  The paging and sorting are not working.  The grid blanks out when I attempt to goto the next page or sort a column.

Here is my questions:

1.  Is there a better way to handle this than the datatable route that I am using...It takes too long to fill the datatable with 18,000 records... While I know this is not an issue with the Telerik controls, is there a best-practice that I can use to increase performance.

<EDIT>
<update>  I made a datasource for my data (5 of them since I have 5 grids).  The grid paging works.  However, the page initially takes 45 seconds to load.  and takes another 45 seconds everytime the user goes to the next page on the grid.

New Questions:

1.  Why is paging taking so long... What can I do to optimize it so it does not take 45 seconds to change grid pages.

2.  Is there a pre-load splash screen that I can display while the page initially loads.  My users are ok with an initial wait but, I have to do something about the grid pages.
</EDIT>

Thanks in advance

- Adam
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
1 answer
192 views
Hi

If you have a radgrid inside an update panel and the grid is not initially visible you find that when you set the grid to be visible on postback the control's skin doesnt display properly, presumably because the css file did not load the first time the page was loaded. Please can you tell me how to fix this.

I'm using radgrid 5.1.2. I dont want to upgrade top prometheus because i'm using the windows skin which isn't supported

tahnks
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
1 answer
145 views
I have a grid bound to a dataset.
I am displaying one of the values in the grid as a GridButtonColumn.
When I click on this button, I would like to fetch the value from the
grid and load an object from the database.

Now in my ItemCommand handler I am trying to do:
RadGrid.MasterTableView.Items(e.Item.ItemIndex).Item("OpportunityIDColumn").Text

What I am expecting is the value that I see in the grid (which is 2534, let's say)
but what this returns is '$nbsp;' .
The strange thing is that I had this working yesterday, and today when I added a column, this problem showed up and now I can't get it to work again.  Has anyone seen this?

Thank you for you attention everyone,
Filip
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
1 answer
77 views
hi

I noticed that when i drag the radwindow in modal mode around the page. The surrounding page becomes black. Did i missed out something? Thanks
L
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
5 answers
233 views
Hi there,

I must be missing something very basic, but I cannot figure it out.

check this picture:
http://pierrecormier.com/sharing/err1.JPG

I dont know why I got the BROWSE and SELECT button. I supposed its style related. I should have only the SELECT button.

Let me know what to do :) thanks!

here is my aspx code definition for this object:

<div style="float: left;width:100%">dfgdfgdfgdgdf&nbsp;

<telerik:RadUpload ID="RadUpload1" runat="server" Skin="Vista" ControlObjectsVisibility="None"/>

</div>

Frédéric Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
98 views
I have a web page with a Mastertableview and gridtableview.  When I expand to see the gridtableview, everything is fine except half the headings have a horizontal red  line going all the way across the page.  It is like a half an inch thick.  I cannot figure out what is causing this.  I do not change any colors anywhere in my code.  Very strange!  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Bob
Demon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
155 views
I have a datagrid with InPlace editing.

I want to populate the values in a dataset on update or add new record.
How do i get the values of the grid row?
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
115 views
Is there a way to add a Toolbar as a commandmenu item in the Grid?

thanks
david
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
6 answers
193 views
I am recieving a flicker in firefox when i click to expand the parent item.  The sub menu items show for a split second at the bottom of the panel bar and then it expands.  Has anyone else ran into this.  I am populating the whole menu from code behind.  Also in safari, the text is not clickable, only the little white area in front of the text is clickable.  I appreciate all your help in advance.

Joshua
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
319 views
hi

I have a master page that has a content placehoder. In the content placeholder, I place a RADAjaxPanel width 100%.

I also created a userControl that has a RADMenu items from A to Z.

I also created a Default.aspx that uses the master page. In the Default.aspx I place the userComtrol and also a RADGrid. 

Now the thing is that when i  click for example C on the menu, it refreshes the page and show me all products name that starts with C. But when I do a sort in the grid, it ajax seems to apply. How do I make sure that when I click on any item from the menu, it does not refreshes? Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?