Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
150 views
I'm putting a RadGrid into the RadPanelItem in a RadPanel and when I select the RadPanelItem nothing shows up.  I tried implementing the exact code that's used in your "Templates" example, which DOES work, but as soon as I replace the items in the "Support" panel, for example, with my RadGrid, nothing displays in that Panel when it's activated.  If I take the RadGrid out of the PanelBar it displays fine.  Any idea what I'm missing here?

Thanks!
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
246 views
Hi,

I am binding RadGrid to an ObjectDataSource.  I have a table in the database which controls who can make edits in the data (rather than using SQL security and pass though authentication).

How can I remove the Edit button based on some logic - which event do I have to capture.

Imagine I have a function called CheckAccess which returns true or false....

PseudoCode

Before DataGrid Renders
    Is CheckAccess returning False Then
        Hide Edit Buttons and Edit Columns
    Else
        Show Edit Buttons and Edit Columns

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi everyone

I am trying to update/delete data from the child/details Table of the hierarchical grid. I am able to open the pop-up with the related fields but not able to get the primary key value/datakeys value for the selected row in the Child table.
Kindly let me know how to retrieve the same.

Thanks and Regards
Paromita

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
9 answers
459 views
Hello,
I am using Prometheus radgrids in a business grid/details grid scenario.  Before inserting a new item, I attempt to clear out any preexisting items to ensure that the user only sees one item at a time.  In the BusinessGrid_ItemCommand event when e.CommandName="AddDetail" I attemp to clear any existing items to accomplish this.  However, when I debug I find that detailsGrid.Items.Count = 1 before and after calling detailsGrid.MasterTableView.ClearEditItems so it doesn't seem to work.  This causes multiple items to show in the detailsGrid which is not the behavior I want.  There doesn't seem to be another way to clear the detailsgrid items. (I tried detailsGrid.EditIndexes.Clear, detailsGrid.MasterTableView.ClearSelectedItems(), etc but nothing works.)  The code where I attempt to clear the items is below.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Erin

protected void BusinessGrid_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
    switch (e.CommandName)
    {
        
case "AddDetail":
            de
tailsGrid.EditIndexes.Clear();
            detailsGrid.MasterTableView.ClearEditItems();
            //detailsGrid.MasterTableView.Items.Count still equals 1 here...
            detailsGrid.MasterTableView.IsItemInserted = true;
            detailsGrid.MasterTableView.Visible =
true;
            
detailsGrid.Rebind();
    
         break;
    }
}

Erin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Apr 2008
0 answers
97 views
Hi,
I was looking into the demo of the tree view and discovered that when I add or rename a node in the tree, the entire page reloads.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this supposed to be in an "ajax" fashion, without reloading the entire page?
Is it possible to perform the "new folder" and "rename" operations without reloading the entire page?

Thank you!
Nir.
Nir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Apr 2008
1 answer
97 views
-How do i remove maximize/minimize/pin options from the top of rad window. I only want to show close option .
-Also modal=true property is not working. whenever window showup  it does not grey out background page.


please advice
Rhyss
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Apr 2008
1 answer
173 views
Hello,

I have a problem with RadContols used in ASP.NET 2.0 web site. I get the following compilation error:

Assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'   

How can I fix this?   
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
20 answers
470 views
Hello, I'm trying to localize a RadGrid control with paging using resource files. The paging mode is "Next, Previous and Pages". In my resource file I have an entry called PagerTextFormat whos value is: "Change page: {4} &nbsp;Displaying page {0} of {1}, items {2} to {3} of {5}.", when I run it my page I have no values on parameter {4}, but in the others parameters  the values are there.  For explaning better, I'd like to view something like "Change page: < 1 2 >    Displaying page 1 of 2, items 1 to 3 of 4", instead of "Change page: <  >    Displaying page 1 of 2, items 1 to 3 of 4". The cuestion is, has the text  "Change page: {4} &nbsp;Displaying page {0} of {1}, items {2} to {3} of {5}." a format well formed to the localization? Someone had the same problem?
Thanks in advance

Alvaro
Antoine
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hello,

I have an issue with arrows on slide bar when CollapseMode is set to something other than None. The problem is that this arrow (or both if mode set to Both) is displayed not in the middle of slide bar, but on top of it like this:

|<|
|  |
|  |
|  |
|  |
|  |

How can I treat this?
QualiWareUA
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
1 answer
137 views
Is it possible to create an input form using RADgrid and Linq. Do not want to display any records from the table that is having data input.

Brad
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?