Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
192 views
Is it possible to apply tooltips to grid content.  For example to header cells - to provide an explanation of data in the column, or even in data cells so additional information can be presented against cells where needed?

Thanks

Indy
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
4 answers
160 views
I dont think people praise the hard work and excellent controls you guys churn out enough. After years of being a Infragistics customer I have been stuck with terrible support, horrid documentation and lack lustre releases. Its just amazing seeing the difference between the two companies. I will never go back to IG and I for one am a very happy customer. Well done fellas, thanks to you guys my small company is churning out good looking, responsive and innovative code.

Just one thing though, the Prometheus or now AJAX window controls seems to really operate worse than the pre prometheus suite. This is with regards to dragging the window around. The old version was slick and fast whilst this version appears to chug a little. Just something i've noticed.

Thanks again for the great toolset.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
3 answers
160 views
Hi!

I would like to change edit mode depending on what the user would like to do. If the user want to make a insert then I would like to use GridEditMode.EditForms, but if the user want to edit a row I would like to use GridEditMode.InPlace.

I tested the following method without any luck. Do you any other solution for me?
void MeterReading_GridMeterDetails_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.InitInsertCommandName)
            {
                MeterReading_GridMeter.MasterTableView.EditMode = GridEditMode.EditForms;
                e.Item.OwnerTableView.EditFormSettings.UserControlName = TemplateSourceUrl + "/EditForm/MeterReadingEdit.ascx";
            }
            else if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.EditCommandName)
            {
                MeterReading_GridMeter.MasterTableView.EditMode = GridEditMode.InPlace;
            }           
        }
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
138 views
I'm trying to figure out how I can databind a radTreeView that is inside of a radComboBox.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="radComboBox" runat="server" >
    <ItemTemplate>
        <div id="div1">
            <telerik:RadTreeView runat="server" ID="radTreeView" />
        </div>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadComboBox>


I have tried the following ServerSide code to no avail:

Dim radTreeView As RadTreeView = CType(radComboSource.FindControl("radTreeSource"
), RadTreeView)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
radBrad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
116 views
Hi,
by converting the TabStrip from the "old" Control, I run into the following problem:
I created dynamically a RadEditor Control in a dynamically created PageView:
In the event PageViewItemCreated(PageView view, int ViewIndex) the RadEditor gets the ID "editor"+ViewIndex. That worked great.
Now in the new event PageViewCreated(object sender, RadMultiPageEventArgs e), I tried the same with e.PageView.Index.
But the following error occurs: "There are several Controls with ID editor0..." (I tried to translate from german ;-)
What's here the difference to the "old" event handler?

Thanks for answering,
Andreas
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
157 views
Hi,
I'm struggling a bit to select, update, delete my scheduler from SQL database.
I want to create my datasource from within the vb code file, not like this...(see bottom)
I have looked at you dbproviders but not had much joy (as in c).
I have a RadWindow that i would like to enable the user to change the scheduler layout (resources visible etc.), so this is why i am trying to create datasource.

Can you please help me ?
Thanks
Mark

<telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server"

DataEndField="EndDateTime" DataKeyField="SchedulerTaskID"

DataSourceID="EventsDataSource" DataStartField="StartDateTime"

DataSubjectField="JobDescription" DayEndTime="19:00:00" DayStartTime="08:00:00"

EnableEmbeddedSkins="True" GroupBy="Resource" GroupingDirection="Horizontal"

Height="450px" SelectedDate="2008-05-30" SelectedView="DayView" Skin="Sunset"

TimeZoneOffset="03:00:00" Width="1000px">

<TimelineView UserSelectable="false" />

<ResourceTypes>

<telerik:ResourceType DataSourceID="ResourceDataSource"

ForeignKeyField="ResourceName" KeyField="ResourceName" Name="Resource"

TextField="ResourceName" />

</ResourceTypes>

</telerik:RadScheduler>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="EventsDataSource" runat="server"

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:myConnectionString %>"

SelectCommand="SELECT Clerk as ResourceName, [SchedulerTaskID], [JobDescription], [StartDateTime], [EndDateTime] FROM [SchedulerEvent]">

</asp:SqlDataSource>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="ResourceDataSource" runat="server"

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:myConnectionString %>"

SelectCommand="SELECT ResourceName FROM Calendar_Resource">

</asp:SqlDataSource>

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
3 answers
187 views
in grid for asp.net I used to use the rollover methods here:
ms-help://telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/grdSetStyleOnMouseOver.html

but as I read it now, all one has to do is use a style like

.GridRowOver_Default td
{
background-color: #f29536;
cursor:pointer;
}

which ive added to my \radcontrols\office2007\Grid.Office2007.css file and ensure that the client events are enabled:

<

ClientSettings>

<

ClientEvents OnRowMouseOver="Dummy"></ClientEvents>

</

ClientSettings>

function Dummy(index)

{

}

but to no avail, what am I missing ?

thank you

david
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
7 answers
259 views
Hello,

I have command item template with a link in it. This link fires InsertCommand command. Server-side handler is triggered. And I have e.Item of type GridCommandItem instead of GridEditableItem. Thus I cannot extract values from it. What might be the problem and how can I fix it?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
3 answers
66 views
Hi,

I have a panelbar with two level items located on the lefft side of master page. Each panelbar item opens a web page in content pane. The web pages contain controls with validators trigger by a save button. When I click on the child item (second level) in the panelbar, it posts a roundtrip to the server and loads a new web page. However, when I click on the parent item (first level) in the panelbar, it didn't go to the server which is expected but it triggers the validators in the web page cuases the error messages to display. How can I configure panelbar so that it doesn't trigger validators in other web pages?

Thanks.

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
121 views
I would like to change the skin of the dropdown to the one which resembles the skin in the sharepoint.

The default skins which were provided in the RadDropdown does not suit the Sharepoint skin.

What should i do convert to change the RadDropdown skin
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?