Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
166 views
Hi all,

I have a radGrid with a MasterTableView and also a child GridTableView.  In the MasterTableView, I have the edit property set like this:

EditFormSettings-EditFormType

="WebUserControl"

This causes my user control to display when the Edit linkbutton is clicked and I can update my MasterTable data.  This all works fine.  I also have a small image button that when clicked, displays my child GridTableView.  This works fine also.

But now I want the GridTableView to be full-screen editable.  That is, every column on every row should be a RadNumertextBox or RadTextBox when rendered.  I cannot find any good examples of this.

Thanks,
Bob

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
232 views
Hi,

I can use a Linq Data Source for the scheduler without a problem withour resources.

However if I have one linq datasource for the scheduler and another for a resource I get the following error:

Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'DataContext accessed after Dispose.'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'DataContext accessed after Dispose.'.


This is Linq to Sql untouched just pointing to a table and related table with the following aspx:

<

telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" Skin="Web20"

DataEndField="End" DataKeyField="CourseId" DataRecurrenceField="RecurrenceRule"

DataRecurrenceParentKeyField="RecurrenceReferenceId"

DataSourceID="LinqDataSource1" DataStartField="Start"

DataSubjectField="Subject">

<ResourceTypes>

<telerik:ResourceType DataSourceID="LinqDataSource2" ForeignKeyField="CentreId"

KeyField="CentreId" Name="Resource Type 0" TextField="Name" />

</ResourceTypes>

</telerik:RadScheduler>

<asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqDataSource1" runat="server"

ContextTypeName="BcNetAppLogic.BcNetDataContext" EnableDelete="True"

EnableInsert="True" EnableUpdate="True" TableName="Courses">

</asp:LinqDataSource>

<asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqDataSource2" runat="server"

ContextTypeName="BcNetAppLogic.BcNetDataContext" EnableDelete="True"

EnableInsert="True" EnableUpdate="True" TableName="Centres">

</asp:LinqDataSource>

Any ideas if this should be possible?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
433 views
hi,
i'm trying to copy this demo:

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Scheduler/Examples/RadToolTip/DefaultCS.aspx

how do you use this ToolTipManager and RadScheduler and AjaxManager together?

If in ajaxmanager i set the RadScheduler, to update the ToolTipManager
the page keeps update and refreshing.

If i don't set the RadScheduler to update to the tooltip, then when i click on the Scheduler to load new appointments, i'm not getting the tips for the new days.

The tips show up for the first time the calendar loads, but when i navigate to a new month view (for example), i'm not getting new tool tips.
here's some key Sub from the code behind.
I'm not sure if i'm firing the right events or configuring the ajaxmanager properly.
I think it has something to do with after the Scheduler is updated, i'm not getting
When i'm debugging, after moving to another month, the: RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate
never gets fired.
It gets fired on first time in and looking at the scheduler, once i move to another month on the scheduler, it does not.


Thanks.


    Protected Sub RadScheduler1_AppointmentCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AppointmentCreatedEventArgs) Handles RadScheduler1.AppointmentCreated 
        If (e.Appointment.Visible AndAlso Not IsAppointmentRegisteredForTooltip(e.Appointment)) Then 
            RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(e.Appointment.ClientID, True) 
        End If 
 
    End Sub 
    Private Function IsAppointmentRegisteredForTooltip(ByVal apt As Appointment) As Boolean 
        For Each targetControl As ToolTipTargetControl In RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls 
            If (targetControl.TargetControlID = apt.ClientID) Then 
                Return True 
            End If 
        Next 
        Return False 
    End Function 
 
    Protected Sub RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As ToolTipUpdateEventArgs) 
        Dim aptId As IntegerInteger = Integer.Parse(e.TargetControlID.Split("_")(3)) 
        Dim apt As Appointment = RadScheduler1.Appointments(aptId) 
        Dim toolTip As controls_AppointmentToolTip = CType(LoadControl("../controls/AppointmentToolTip.ascx"), controls_AppointmentToolTip) 
        toolTip.apt = apt 
        e.UpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(toolTip) 
 
    End Sub 
 
    Protected Sub RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs) Handles RadAjaxManager1.AjaxRequest 
        If e.Argument = "RebindScheduler" Then 
            RadScheduler1.Rebind() 
 
        End If 
    End Sub 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
3 answers
209 views
Greetings All,
 
We got a problem with RowSelection in RadGrid. We are using version 5.1 of RadGrid.
 
Problem:
 
I have a check box in the first column and other columns are non editable text only.
 
At the time of selecting more than one row by clicking on the row instead of check box, the above selection is going away.
 
We have seen few instruction like, we should hold "Ctrl" key or Draging for more than one row selection [Link is given below].
 
 

 But If we need to select more than one row just by clicking on row can't we accomplish the same? Pls help me out. Its urgent.


awaiting for your reply
Nagireddy T
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
105 views
I just installed RadControls for AJAX Q1 2008 and am trying to use the Rad:Editor. However, I cannot find the App_GlobalResources folder they reference in the instructions. The instructions for using the Editor are as follows:

Configure the Web Application for RadEditor

  1. Navigate to the Solution Explorer within an AJAX Enabled Web Application.
  2. Right-click the project and select Add | Add ASP.NET Folder | App_GlobalResources.
  3. Copy the contents of the files located in the directory \<RadControls "Prometheus" installation folder>\App_GlobalResources files to your project App_GlobalResources folder.
  4. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the project and select Add | Add ASP.NET Folder | App_Data.
  5. Copy the \RadSpell directory to your project App_Data folder. The files are located in the <RadControls "Prometheus" installation folder>\App_Data

The problem is I don't have the "App_GlobalResources" in my install directory. The only folders I have in the install directory are DeploymentActions, Help, NET1, and NET2. I used the RadControls_Q1_2008_dev.exe to install.

Please help, thanks.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
135 views
I am using the Web20 skin for the Tabstrip control and would like to add a defined right side border to the tabs.  Any idea on how I would accomplish this?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
126 views

I want my custom images to be standard throughout the web site so I do not want to duplicate them and put them in multiple skins folders.
(If this is a bad idea let me know.)

This is the web site folder:
D:\wwwSVN\BalancedFlow.WebSite3.5

My custom images are here:
D:\wwwSVN\BalancedFlow.WebSite3.5\Images

I have:
  <rad:RadToolbar runat="server" ID="RadtoolbarCutoff" Skin="Outlook" UseFadeEffect="True">
...
 <rad:RadToolbarButton ToolTip="minus" ButtonImage="~/Images/minus.gif" CommandName="minus" />

I want the image url to be:

/Images/minus.gif

But I get:

/RadControls/Toolbar/Skins/outlook/img/~/Images/minus.gif

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
4 answers
183 views
Hello,

Is it possible to maintain radcombobox selectedvalue on postback if items are being added by calling requestitems on clientside? because i've seen the adding, removing items client side functionality and i was wondering if it is possible to track changes made on callback..
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
72 views
Hi,

I'm using a RadScheduler in ResourceView with GroupBy specified.
Regardless if ShowFooter is set to true or false, the Footer does not show. So the user cannot change between 24h and Business Hours View.

Is this a bug or do I miss something?

Thanks
Philipp
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
221 views
I bind the RadGrid to a SqlDataSource.
How to I set the first row of RadGrid as selected?
Many thanks for your replying.
Vinix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?