Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
126 views
Hello,

I posted my problem in the community forum, not realizing there was a support forum as well at the time (this is my first post on here).  Here is a link to the post:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bdeagh.aspx

I did receive a quick reply from Vlad, but the very code he attached to the post that he tested from is still giving the issue on my machine.  The person may not have understood the problem, so I gave a detailed step by step recap of how to recreate my issue, which in some way is related the the AjaxSettings in the AjaxManager.

Thanks!

~ Jeff
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
4 answers
249 views
Hello,

I have implemented the Google-like filtering that is demonstrated here.

The problem is that the itemsRequested events of the RadComboBoxes are triggering the RadGrid.NeedDataSource event. 

I usually use the following logic to prevent rebinding the RadGrid :

Protected Sub RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WebControls.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.NeedDataSource 
        If Not RadComboBox1.IsCallBack Then 
            ' rebind radgrid 
        End If 
End Sub 

I would like to do something similar in this case, but I do not know how to get a reference to the RadComboBoxes.

Thanks
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
160 views
Nevermind. I figured this out. I need to delete this if I can find a way.
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
312 views
I am attempting to move an app to RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax.  I need to duplicate the functionality described in this thread:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-gkdkg.aspx

It works well with the previous version of RadControls but, with this new release, I don't see the RadAjaxTimer.

1.  Am I missing something and it is there somewhere.
2.  If it is not there, how can I aproximate this functionality with the new release.

Thanks,

- Adam
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
219 views
Hello Telerik,
Here is the problem for today:
I have a telerik grid which is setup like this:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Width="1100px" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"  
            AutoGenerateColumns="False" AutoGenerateEditColumn="True" DataSourceID="ODS" 
            GridLines="None" Skin="Hay" OnItemCommand="RadGrid1_ItemCommand" OnItemCreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated"> 
            <MasterTableView DataSourceID="ODS" DataKeyNames="ID,CUST_ID,ACCOUNT_ID"> 
                <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False"> 
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                <ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False"> 
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                <Columns> 
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ID" DataType="System.Int32" 
                        ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="ID" UniqueName="ID"> 
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CUST_ID" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText="CUST_ID" 
                        SortExpression="CUST_ID" UniqueName="CUST_ID"> 
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="DATE" DataType="System.DateTime" HeaderText="DATE" 
                        SortExpression="DATE" UniqueName="DATE"> 
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="AMOUNT" DataType="System.Decimal" HeaderText="AMOUNT" 
                        SortExpression="AMOUNT" UniqueName="AMOUNT"> 
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                </Columns> 
                <EditFormSettings EditFormType="WebUserControl" UserControlName="~/UserControls/Controls_Container.ascx"  >              
                </EditFormSettings> 
            </MasterTableView> 
        </telerik:RadGrid> 

Data source is ObjectDataSource.
The ~/UserControls/Controls_Container.ascx contains 3 controls:
DetailsView, ASP.net gridview and Telerik grid.

Everything works ok until i add this:

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="MasterAjaxManager" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

If you click "edit" and then sort 3 times you will get:
Validation of view state MAC failed. If this app is hosted by web farm.....

Tried to add mashine key to config, tried to add ajaxmanagerproxy to each control, then to just controls container, tried this post:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bbtahh.aspx,
and already spent more then 10 hours trying figure out what to do and my boss is getting nervous.
If i do this it works:
EnableViewStateMac="false"
EnableEventValidation="false"
ViewStateEncryptionMode="false"
ValidateRequest="false"

It even works if controls are ajaxified and grid is not. Does anybody have a solution for this or should I just remove ajax?
Thank you,
Mario








Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
84 views
My problem is a simple one.  When using RadEditor and editing a wiki page I came across a problem when I would on accident or intentionally combine 2 paragraphs into 1 and then seperate them again using the enter key the formatting would get messed up.  So, let's say I accidentally backspaced one indented paragraph into the paragraph above it when I hit enter to seperate the 2 paragraphs and try to indent the paragraph further or unindent it, the editor treates these 2 seperate paragraphs as one and indents or unindents both.  Looking at the html the tags appear to become <br /> instead of <p> tags.  I saw in one of the forum posts I found while searching here that this is an issue only with IE7.  I am curious if there is some fix for this behavior since IE7 is what is most widely used when our users are making changes to the wiki.



-Jared
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
5 answers
181 views

It seems asp.net validation controls do not work because references to controls that are inside RadToolbar do not work.

Included is my example, for which I get the error:

Unable to find control id 'lblNumSKU' referenced by the 'ControlToCompare' property of 'CompareValidator2'. 

<%

@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Report_Graph_ViewControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="BalancedFlow.WebSite3._5.Controls.Reports.Report_Graph_ViewControl" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="ChartFX.WebForms" Namespace="ChartFX.WebForms" TagPrefix="chartfx7" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="rad" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadToolbar.NET2" %>

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadComboBox.Net2" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="RadInput.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments" namespace="ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments" tagprefix="chartfxadornments" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="ChartFX.WebForms" namespace="ChartFX.WebForms.Galleries" tagprefix="chartfx7galleries" %>

<style type="text/css">

.style1

{

width: 872%;

}

.style3

{

font-size: small;

}

.style7

 

{

width: 95%;

}

.style9

{

height: 23px;

}

.style10

 {

height: 23px;

width: 156px;

}

.style11

{

height: 23px;

width: 55px;

}

.style12

 {

height: 23px;

width: 85px;

}

.style13

 {

height: 23px;

width: 60px;

}

.style15

 {

font-size: 12pt;

font-family: "Times New Roman", serif;

color: #3399FF;

}

 </style>

<

asp:Label ID="lblError" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="Red" Width="616px"></asp:Label>

<

table border="0" style="width: 856px">

 <tr>

 <td style="width: 99px; height: 20px">

<chartfx7:Chart ID="Chart1" runat="server" Width="856px" Height="461px">

 <series>

 <chartfx7:SeriesAttributes />

 <chartfx7:SeriesAttributes />

<chartfx7:SeriesAttributes />

</series>

<allseries gallery="Bar">

 

</allseries>

 

<specialobjects>

 

<chartfx.webforms.galleries.bar></chartfx.webforms.galleries.bar>

 

</specialobjects>

 

</chartfx7:Chart>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td style="width: 99px">

 

<table class="style1">

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

</td>

 

<td style="width: 45px">

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style3">

 

Y:

</td>

 

<td>

 

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="26px" Width="580px">

 

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="style4">

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

<div>

 

<rad:RadToolbar runat="server" ID="Ybasis" Skin="Outlook" UseFadeEffect="True">

 

<Items>

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton AccessKey="l" Toggled="True" ToolTip="DOS (Alt+L)" ButtonGroup="Basis"

 

DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName="DOS" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton AccessKey="c" ToolTip="Qty (Alt+C)" ButtonGroup="Basis"

 

DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName="Qty" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton AccessKey="r" ToolTip="Cost (Alt+R)" ButtonGroup="Basis"

 

DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName="Cost" />

 

</Items>

 

</rad:RadToolbar>

 

</div>

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

<div>

 

<rad:RadToolbar runat="server" ID="RadtoolbarCutoff" Skin="Outlook" UseFadeEffect="True">

 

<Items>

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton Enabled="false" Width="5px" DisplayType="TextOnly" ButtonText=" " CommandName="b1" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:CheckBox ID="chkCutoff" runat="server" Width="12px" Font-Size="Smaller" />

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton Width="29px" DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName="Cutoff: " />

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton Enabled="false" Width="5px" DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName=" " />

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton ToolTip="minus" ButtonImage="minus.gif" CommandName="minus" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<rad:RadNumericTextBox Skin="Default" ShowSpinButtons="false" ButtonsPosition="Right"

 

Type="Number" MaxLength="9" MinValue="0" MaxValue="99999" Width="50" ID="txtCutoffLow"

 

runat="server" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0">

 

</rad:RadNumericTextBox>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton Enabled="false" Width="5px" DisplayType="TextOnly" ToolTip=" "

 

CommandName=" " />

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton ToolTip="plus" ButtonImage="plus.gif" CommandName="plus" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<rad:RadNumericTextBox Skin="Default" ShowSpinButtons="false" ButtonsPosition="Right"

 

Type="Number" MaxLength="9" MinValue="0" MaxValue="99999" Width="50" ID="txtCutoffHigh"

 

runat="server">

 

</rad:RadNumericTextBox>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

</Items>

 

</rad:RadToolbar>

 

</div>

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</asp:Panel>

 

</td>

 

<td style="width: 45px">

 

<div>

 

<rad:RadToolbar ID="RadtoolbarRefresh" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" Skin="Outlook"

 

UseFadeEffect="True">

 

<Items>

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton AccessKey="r" ButtonImage="Refresh.gif" CommandName="Refresh"

 

DisplayType="TextImage" ToolTip="Refresh (Alt+R)" Width="67px" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarButton AccessKey="w" ButtonImage="Download.gif" CommandName="Download"

 

DisplayType="TextImage" ToolTip="Download (Alt+W)" Width="67px" />

 

</Items>

 

</rad:RadToolbar>

 

</div>

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

<table width="100px" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="style7">

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</td>

 

<td style="width: 45px">

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style3">

 

X:

</td>

 

<td colspan="3">

 

<rad:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBarAllX" runat="server" Skin="Outlook">

 

<items>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSort" Width="30px" runat="server" Text="Sort: " Font-Bold="true" Font-Size="Smaller" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarSeparator />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton Width="30px" Toggled="True" ToolTip="DOSb" ButtonGroup="Sort"

 

DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName="DOSb" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton Width="30px" ToolTip="Dmd" ButtonGroup="Sort" DisplayType="TextOnly"

 

CommandName="Dmd" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton Width="30px" ToolTip="SKU" ButtonGroup="Sort" DisplayType="TextOnly"

 

CommandName="SKU" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton Width="30px" ToolTip="NetOnHand" ButtonGroup="Sort" DisplayType="TextOnly"

 

CommandName="Net" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton Width="30px" ToolTip="Cost (Alt+Q)" ButtonGroup="Sort"

 

DisplayType="TextOnly" CommandName="Cost" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarSeparator />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSort" Width="35px" runat="server" Text="Basis: " Font-Bold="true"

 

Font-Size="Smaller" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarSeparator />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton Toggled="True" ToolTip="SKU#" ButtonGroup="Basis" DisplayType="TextOnly"

 

CommandName="SKUno" ButtonText="SKU#" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarToggleButton ToolTip="SKU" ButtonGroup="Basis" DisplayType="TextOnly"

 

CommandName="SKUbasis" ButtonText="SKU" />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBoxPGC" runat="server" Skin="Web20" Height="12px">

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarSeparator />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSort" Width="35px" runat="server" Text="Range: " Font-Bold="true"

 

Font-Size="Smaller" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<rad:RadNumericTextBox Skin="Default" ShowSpinButtons="false" ButtonsPosition="Right"

 

Type="Number" MaxLength="9" MinValue="0" MaxValue="99999" Width="45px" ID="txtLowNum"

 

runat="server" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0">

 

</rad:RadNumericTextBox>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSort" Width="15px" runat="server" Text="to: "

 

Font-Size="Smaller" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<rad:RadNumericTextBox Skin="Default" ShowSpinButtons="false" ButtonsPosition="Right"

 

Type="Number" MaxLength="9" MinValue="0" MaxValue="99999" Width="45" ID="txtHighNum"

 

runat="server" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0">

 

</rad:RadNumericTextBox>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSort" Width="15px" runat="server" Text="of: " Font-Size="Smaller"

 

EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblNumSKU" Width="30px" runat="server"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton AccessKey="s">

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblNumEOD" Width="50px" runat="server"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarSeparator />

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:CheckBox ID="chkScroll" runat="server" Width="19px" Font-Size="Smaller" />

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

<ButtonTemplate>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSort" Width="35px" runat="server" Text="Scroll" Font-Bold="true"

 

Font-Size="Smaller" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

 

</ButtonTemplate>

 

</rad:RadToolbarTemplateButton>

 

</items>

 

</rad:RadToolBar>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

&nbsp;

 

</td>

 

<td colspan="3">

 

<asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator2" runat="server" ControlToCompare="lblNumSKU"

 

ControlToValidate="txtHighNum" ErrorMessage="Hi &lt;= max" Height="13px" Operator="LessThanEqual"

 

Type="Integer" Width="65px"></asp:CompareValidator>

 

<asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator1" runat="server" ControlToCompare="txtLowNum"

 

ControlToValidate="txtHighNum" ErrorMessage="Hi &gt; Lo" Height="16px" Operator="GreaterThan"

 

Type="Integer" Width="55px"></asp:CompareValidator>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style3" colspan="4">

 

<table class="style1">

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style10">

 

<asp:Label ID="Label6" runat="server" EnableViewState="False"

Text="Initial Capacity (ACAP):" Width="174px" Font-Size="Smaller"></asp:Label>

 

</td>

 

<td class="style11">

 

<asp:Label ID="lblAvail" runat="server" Width="73px"></asp:Label>

 

</td>

 

<td class="style12">

 

<asp:Label ID="lblUseAll" runat="server"></asp:Label>

 

</td>

 

<td class="style13">

 

Units:

</td>

 

<td class="style9">

 

<asp:Label ID="lblCapacityUnits" runat="server" Width="107px"

Font-Size="Smaller"></asp:Label>

 

</td>

 

<td class="style9">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style10">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

<td class="style11">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

<td class="style12">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

<td class="style13">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

<td class="style9">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

<td class="style9">

 

&nbsp;</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style15" colspan="4">

 

If forecast days have been set to zero,

&nbsp;DOS values are not accurate.</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td class="style3" colspan="4">

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSCS_ID" runat="server" Height="16px" Visible="False" Width="96px"></asp:Label>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblPreviousBasis" runat="server" Height="16px" Visible="False" Width="96px"></asp:Label>

 

<asp:Label ID="lblSCS_Name" runat="server" Height="16px" Visible="False" Width="96px"></asp:Label>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

</

table>

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
147 views
I have an ASPX page witha RadAjaxManager, Inside that page I load a WebUserControl(ASCX). On that use control I also have ued RadAjax Manager with ASP.NET PadioButton List. On selection of Radio buttons I change the contents of the controls. But sometimes the local RadAjaxManager of the webUser Control do not work instead Main radAjaxManager works by showing Loading... on main page.  what is the problem?

Please help me regarding the issue.

Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
179 views
I'm working through the self-paced tutorial.  The web services lab references the RadAjaxServiceManager to wrap client-side calls to a web service.  The control is not in the toolbox and there is nothing in the documentation files.  Where did it go or is there a substitute control for it?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
132 views
I need to prompt the user if they would like to save changes when they navigate off the page without clicking save. Is there a js property on radeditor that returns if a change has been made in the content since the content was set serverside on first load? An example would be useful, thanks Adrian
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?