Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
160 views
Grouping works fine in the normal condition. (i.e) When i drag a column and drop it in the group panel the columns are grouped perfectly.

But the problem is, when i refresh the page in the above said conditon the grouped columns comes to the normal state. (ie) Groping is undone.

When i refresh the page, the grouped elements in the page come back to the ungrouped state. What should i do so that the Grouped elemets remains in the same state, even if i refresh the page.


Here is the code snippet which i have used:

 <rad:RadGrid ID="rGrid" Width="100%" RadControlsDir="~/_controltemplates/OrganiceTeam/RadControls"
                AutoGenerateColumns="false" Skin="none" GroupingEnabled="true" ShowGroupPanel="true"
                EnableAJAX="true" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="10" EnableOutsideScripts="true"
                runat="server" MasterTableView-TableLayout="Auto" AllowFilteringByColumn="True">
                <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Bottom" CellPadding="2" CellSpacing="2" GroupLoadMode="Client">
                 <CommandItemStyle CssClass="ms-menutoolbar" />
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                    <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                    </RowIndicatorColumn>
                    <NoRecordsTemplate>
                        <div class="ms-toolbar">
                            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblNoRecords">No site creation request exists.</asp:Label>
                            <br />
                        </div>
                    </NoRecordsTemplate>
                </MasterTableView>
             
                <ClientSettings ReorderColumnsOnClient="True" AllowColumnsReorder="True" AllowDragToGroup="True"
                    AllowGroupExpandCollapse="True" AllowExpandCollapse="True">
                    <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" EnableRealTimeResize="True" ResizeGridOnColumnResize="True" />
                </ClientSettings>
                <GroupPanel Font-Names="Tahoma">
                    <PanelStyle Font-Names="Tahoma" CssClass="ms-toolbar" Height="25" Font-Bold="true" Width="100%"  />
                </GroupPanel>
            </rad:RadGrid>
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
0 answers
86 views
sorry just realised this is in the wrong forum

Bexm
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Apr 2008
3 answers
214 views
Hello,

I have some Rad controls on my form. Interacting with them does not perform form post back, but AJAX request. Nevertheless I may use RegisterClientScript to do some JavaScript after post back. But as post back is not performed, JavaScript is never executed. How can I overcome this?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
148 views
I am trying to follow the Self-Paced Tutorial (which has not been updated for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2008) in the section "Lab: An AJAX Web Service".

I thought this Q1 2008 release was a direct replacement for the ASP.NET controls.  However, I can't find the RadAjaxServiceManager control.  This control is not provided in the Q1 2008 release.  In fact, I can't find any documentation that talks about web services in the Q1 2008 release.

Does the Q1 2008 release support web services?  Do I need to also install the ASP.NET Q3 2007 release to implement web services?  Can you point me to some documentation on this subject?  Thanks.
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
128 views
Is there any way to have the menu scroll back around to the start as opposed to being only able to scroll to the end and then having to scroll back to the beginning?  If not, is this a feature that might be added in the future?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
7 answers
375 views
Hi to all, I have been building cms websites for now well over a year using your controls, prometheus was built on the concept of sleek, fast and responsive controls. One website in particular I have been keeping up to date with your controls and completely rewrote it at a stage to build it on the prometheus suite, initially the speed tests were very good and I saw a nice performance boost,

At that time I was using the asp.net panelbar for nav and the rotator on 2 other pages that will be nested in a iframe in my page. then I used this up onto the Prometheus 2007 Q3 sp2 version then came the release of 2008 Q1 prometheus I built it in recoded the panelbar and what happened this added a 4+ second load time to my website.

Then Coded the same site page back to 2007 Q3 sp2 and it was slightly faster, but then i found that the there is a very long time the browser waits before it transfers data.

The I took that website, stripped all the prometheus stuff from the front end page used asp.net ajax, and panelbar remove the telerik script manager and took out the Telerik.web.ui.webresource.axd from the web.config file . My admin app for the site still uses the prometheus stuff witout a hitch but I found that the front application loads faster than ever, even though the document size is bigger.

Here are the tests so you can see for yourself, clear your cache before each check.

http://www.nwcf.com <- built on 2008 Q1 Prometheus
http://speedup.nwcf.pcwnewmedia.co.za/default.aspx <- built on 2007 Q3 sp2 prometheus
http://speedup.nwcf.pcwnewmedia.co.za/default2.aspx <-Built entirely on 2007 Q3 sp2 Controls for Asp.net
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
268 views
hi,
     I want to save changes made to treeview to database after adding/deleting/rearranging nodes.

I tried to loop through the XML which i got from TreeView.GetXml();

This is the XML i got :

<Tree>
<Node Text=\"Hierarchy1\" Value=\"100269\" Expanded=\"True\">
 <Node Text=\"ChildHierarchy1\" Value=\"100270\" Selected=\"True\" Expanded=\"True\">
  <Node Text=\"UNITED ARAB EMIRATES\" Value=\"1136\" ImageUrl=\"../Images/ic_connect.gif\" Category=\"Country\" />
  <Node Text=\"UNITED KINGDOM\" Value=\"1136\" ImageUrl=\"../Images/ic_connect.gif\" Category=\"Country\" />
  <Node Text=\"UNITED STATES OF AMERICA\" Value=\"1136\" ImageUrl=\"../Images/ic_connect.gif\" Category=\"Country\" />
 </Node>
</Node>
<Node Text=\"BIG ROOT - Cambridge\" Value=\"1\">
<Node Text=\"UNITED STATES OF AMERICA\" Value=\"1139\" ImageUrl=\"../Images/ic_connect.gif\" Category=\"Country\">
<Node Text=\"CALIFORNIA\" Value=\"1522938\" Category=\"State\">
<Node Text=\"BURBANK\" Value=\"1572835\" Category=\"City\" />
<Node Text=\"SAN DIEGO\" Value=\"1572835\" Category=\"City\" />
</Node></Node></Node>
</Tree>"

From this XML string i want to update the database.
Chinna
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
93 views
Hello!

I would like to have it so that if my item ID="rmDelete" onItem Clicked, it pops up a prompt and confirms whether or not to execute the code. I have written code in my code-behind doing this:

    Protected Sub RadMenu1_ItemClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WebControls.RadMenuEventArgs) Handles RadMenu1.ItemClick  
        Dim ItemClicked As Telerik.WebControls.RadMenuItem = e.Item  
 
        If ItemClicked.Text = "Delete" Then  
          'Delete if popup result = yes.
        End If  
    End Sub 

Can the Rad Window, or javascript be used to complete this?

Thanks!
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
4 answers
199 views

Hi,

I am coding a calendar that has to color code the days depending on their state. A day can have five possible states.

The way I am doing this is by overriding the DayRender method on serverside and adding the css style to the cell's CssClass collection like this:

c.CssClass = registeredHours >= capasity 
                        ? 
"Calendar_Day_CapacityReached" 
                        : 
"Calendar_Day_CapacityNotReached"; 

 The result in HTML is this:

<td class="radCalDefault_SSN Calendar_Day_NoCapacity" ...> 

My problem is that when I select one day the calendar empties the class attribute of the cell with a client side script and puts the "radCalSelect_SSN" css class instead. The result is this:

<td class="radCalSelect_SSN" ...> 

And because my css class gets removed, the day loses its color coding when it is selected.
Henning
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
88 views
Where can I download the Photoshop source files for Office2007 skin. It's not available from this link http://www.telerik.com/support/product-skins-downloads.aspx

Thanks, Kris.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?