Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
259 views
I have a template field on my RadGrid which contains a RadComboBox.  The reason I have the combobox in a template field is so that users can select values without having to go into editmode (i.e. the combox box is in the Item template section not in the edit item template section  for my column)

However I need to be able to programmatically bind the datasource of the combobox in the template column at runtime to a datatable and I can't work out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
162 views
Hi,
I'm having trouble to preserve grid state on client side hierarchy on a post back. current state is lost and it collapses all levels . I have noticed the same problem in one of your examples.my grid structure is similar to yours with master table and 2 details tables ( 3 level hierarchy). problem occurs for example when i try to change page number in the lowest level detail table . Then i loose the state of the grid .  how can i prevent this ?

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Grid/Examples/Hierarchy/HierarchyLoadModeClient/DefaultCS.aspx
in your example if you select
customer id = ANTON , order id = 10535 and select page 2 for example ,
you can replicate my problem.

Thanks in advance
Nadeetha
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
2 answers
135 views
When i view 300 rows or more in one page, scrolling get's really slow.
Page load time is very fast though.

Is this normal behavioour? I would like to display 2000 rows in one page...

Cheers
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
213 views
Hi there all,

I used the GridDateTimeColumn and want to try to only display the time element of the (DateTime) DateField. I thought that I could use DataFormatString="{t}"

but that gives me a formatting exception. anyone ?

That was a bit stupid of me .... DataFormatString="{0:t}"   :-(
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
138 views
I have a webgrid with custom edit template just like this example:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Grid/Examples/DataEditing/TemplateFormUpdate/DefaultCS.aspx

I'd like to use javascript on some controls on the edit form, but I have a hard time accessing the controls on the client. I already tried <%= RadGrid1.FindControls().ClientID %> but no luck.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
54 views
Maybe it's my browser (IE7), but I can't get any PanelBarItems to select when doing an ALT-[AccessKey].  Even the one's in the demo here don't work for me.  Anyone tackle this issue already and know the solution?  It does seem to work fine in Firefox, just not IE7...

Thanks,

Eddie
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
4 answers
237 views
I am trying to add RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax into MOSS07

I have added the Telerik.Web.UI.dll to the GAC

but when I add
<SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.20 Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" /> 

to web config I receive a parse error on any page I visit as shown below.

Server Error in '/' Application. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
Parser Error  
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.  
 
Parser Error Message: This page has encountered a critical error. Contact your system administrator if this problem persists. 
 
Source Error:  
 
 
Line 1:  <%@ Page Inherits="Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.TemplateRedirectionPage,Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing,Version=12.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %> <%@ Reference VirtualPath="~TemplatePageUrl" %> <%@ Reference VirtualPath="~masterurl/custom.master" %> 
Line 2:  <html xmlns:mso="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:msdt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882"><head> 
Line 3:  <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> 
  
 
Source File: /Pages/default.aspx    Line: 1  
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433 

I'd be grateful for any help you can provide.. I am have .net3 and 3.5 installed on the server.

Ian

IanH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
3 answers
110 views
Hi,
I have Radmenu, When i click on the menu ,it pops up menu items and allows to select any item from it and the menu closes. But still the focus is on the menu.So the next time when i move the mouse over the menu, it pops up again but it should pop up menu items only on click.

Could you please help me to resolve this.

Dhana.

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
123 views

I seem to have run into a problem when using the new PopUp Edit box in a radGrid.

My auto generated edit form has three columns in it, however the edit box popups title bar does not extend to be the full width of the popup form.

Is there a solution to this problem?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
1 answer
142 views
Hi, I'm having a problem similar to the one described here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bcgkem.aspx. I'm creating a ComboBox dynamically, like below:

protected void Page_Load( object sender, EventArgs e )
{
  RadComboBox cb = new RadComboBox();
  cb.Items.Add( new RadComboBoxItem( "abc" ) );
  cb.Items.Add( new RadComboBoxItem( "def" ) );
  this.Controls.Add( cb );
}

Clicking the down arrow doesn't do anything. If I add the combobox to a Placeholder which is declaratively defined on the page, it works fine. Unfortunately, I can't have any declarative controls on the page.

I tried giving a unique ID as mentioned in that thread, but that didn't work (I've only got 1 combobox anyways). Any ideas?

Thanks.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?