Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
115 views
Hi

I am using the RadTreeNode, where I can have a "NavigateUrl" and also an "ImageUrl" (and "ImageExpandedUrl").

The NavigateUrl works as I want when the user clicks on the name of the node, but it appears that the image is also clickable - is that correct? The problem is that when the user clicks on the image they get a javascript error. Is there anyone who has an idea about why this happens? (I don't really need the image to be clickable, but if it is then I would like it to go to NavigateUrl as well).

Thanks, Peter
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
154 views
Hello!
I have a RadTree that contains a bunch of root element. I manage to refresh the whole tree (Load is onDemand), but I can't refresh the root elements.
Is there a sensible way to remove them an re add them ?

I didn't find a way to insert root elements into the tree either?

like treeView.insertNode....


thx in advance
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
367 views
Hi,
This one had me on the run for a while; a little drawn out to explain it I'm afraid...

The product I am placing radeditor in is a comprehensive system. One of its existing features (nothing to do with radeditor) is the need for the following 2 lines in the html head tag.

<base target="Agency" />
<script>window.name = "Agency";</script>

Our users typically have our "Agency" IE window open all day long, but receive emails to alert them, if they click on the email it redirects their current window to a new page related to the email alert.

This feature works fine, but here’s the catch.  Go to a page with a radeditor control on, open any dialog box (image, table properties, etc) click cancel and them select a hyperlink i.e. <a href=”default.aspx?menu=22” target=”_self”> to navigate to a new page.  You get an empty white screen and if you view source it is <html></html>.

On first load my radeditor is hidden and using ajax the placeholder is set visible (i.e. the scenario that causes forum article “Problem With Image Manager And UpdatePanel” 4/19/2008 11:45:34AM – could do with a forum article id)

Is a bug/limitation or fixable item?

Many thanks Adrian

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
97 views
I have a grid bound to a custom business object, for one of the columns I need to show obj.Value1 if it is there otherwise obj.Value2. I'm assuming I can use a template field to do this with an eval statement, but my knowledge of eval is pretty limited. Can someone either point me in the right direction for a site that will show me how to do this, or if it is simple enough just post an example. Or best yet would be both :)

Thanks,

Bill
wdudek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
92 views
I have a RadGrid whose datasource is controlled by the particular tab that is clicked on a tabstrip. When a user clicks a tab that results in more than one page worth of data, the pager displays as expected. However, when they switch to a tab that results in only one page of data, the pager still displays and reflects the same number of pages as was previously displayed. Shouldn't the pager auto-hide itself or is there something I must do programmatically to force the hide?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
161 views

for the example FileBrowser I have few question about RadContextMenu associate with GridView,

I'd like to use the client event handle 

OnClientItemClicked

="GridContextMenu"

<script type="text/javascript">

function GridContextMenu(sender, args)

{

//sender.hide();

alert(

"create") ;

alert(args.get_Item()) ;

if (args.get_menuItem().get_text() == "Create Ticket")

{

alert(

"Create Ticket") ;

}

}

<script type="text/javascript">

 

function GridContextMenu(sender, args)

{

//sender.hide();

 

alert(

"create") ;

alert(args.get_Item()) ;

if (args.get_menuItem().get_text() == "Create Ticket")

{

alert(

"Create Ticket") ;

}

}

</

script>

how can I retrive which menu item is selected and how to get grid Row and data fro gridview from client, I used <ItemTemplate> in gridview, how can I get data from it?


Thanks,

Zhengmao,

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
251 views
We are upgrading our internal control library to use the Prometheus Futures. With the RadGrid (Ver 2008.1.325.35) we have place a level of abstraction around it so that it will natively talk to our ORM framework.

We have found a problem when we click the 'Add new row' icon.  When the databinding occurs and calls our custom column editors that inherit from GridTextColumnEditor the value of the Text property is set to string "Telerik.Web.UI.GridInsertionObject" rather than the empty string.

This used to work with RadControl ASP.NET

I have attempted to simulate the problem using a statically loaded grid and a custom column editor but I could not reproduce the problem.  In order to properly reproduce the problem I may have to spend some time (ie days) carefully unpeeling our abstraction layer until I isloate the problem. 

Do you have any ideas about where the problem may lay?

Regards
Dave A


[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]  
   System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +2755599  
   System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) +117  
   System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +189  
   System.Double.Parse(String s) +20  
   Signmanager.Web.UI.WebControls.FloatingPointEditor.set_Text(String value) +153  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn.OnDataBindColumn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +825  
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +99  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +206  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216  
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormItem.SetupItem(Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, GridColumn[] columns, ControlCollection rows) +477  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateInsertItem(Boolean useDataSource, GridEnumerableBase resolvedDataSource, ControlCollection rows) +468  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateTopInsertItem(Boolean useDataSource, GridEnumerableBase resolvedDataSource, GridTHead tHead) +114  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +1483  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +638  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +59  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +111  
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +29  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() +42  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() +461  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.Rebind() +130  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.InsertItem(IDictionary newValues) +255  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.InsertItem() +47  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs.ExecuteCommand(Object source) +5023  
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +233  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +95  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35  
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +198  
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163  
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7  
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11  
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33  
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746  
 

Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
7 answers
221 views
Hi,
i am using radEditor Lite and have the problem that the imagemanger can only show images in the current website :-(

I know that i can change the config.xml but isn't it posible to browse the directories from the root or show the site collection images?

Thank you for your support
greetings from germany
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
6 answers
228 views
When I right click an image and select image properties i get the following error:
Cannot find a string resource with key 'SetImageProperties_Tab3HeaderText' in App_GlobalResources/RadEditor.Dialogs.resx.

Adding the "SetImageProperties_Tab3HeaderText" to the resourcefile fixes the problem.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
91 views
Hi all,

In my development, everything looks good for the menu, displays sub menus, etc. When I deploy it, it only shows the top level and when I click, no drop down or sub menus appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?