Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
170 views
Hi,

I noticed that we can actually limit the file type being uploaded when using the RAD Upload. But, I think it's funny that the tool will "upload" the entire file, then only prompt user the file is not supported. Means that let say, the user is uploading a 500MB file, they need to wait until the file fully uploaded, then only they could realized the format is not supported.

Is that any possible way to prompt the user before it start the uploading? and Direct skip it if it's not valid?

Please advice.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
4 answers
75 views
It would be nice if the Skin for a Grid include a style specifically for frozen columns.

Just a thought.

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
4 answers
154 views

In my scenario I want to add thousands of links in custom links. i have noticed then when i add 5000 links in it and click on drop down it is not responding. So please let me know, should i have to use custom links? Or other control for it, if other control then what and how.

So please let me know your suggestion/solution/approach.




Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
4 answers
203 views
I'm using the Office2007 skin for RadGrid, and the Filter menu items are way too tall in my view - the menu is very hard to use.

So can I use a different skin just for the filter menu while keeping the Office2007 skin for the grid itself? I read that the filter menu is in fact RadMenu, so it would seem possible?

Otherwise, how can I customise just the filter menu skin? With the old ASP.NET version this was easy - but with the new AJAX version it's not so clear.

Thanks, Steve
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
356 views
I have a RadToolTip with special content defined for a target control. It turns out I'm going to have to use the same the RadToolTip for several target controls. I know I would have to use the RadToolTipManager for this, but how do I put my content in there like I did with the RadToolTip? Here's what my current ToolTip looks like:

<telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server"  
    TargetControlID="pageActionsLink" 
    Position="BottomLeft" 
    OffsetX="-20" 
    OffsetY="-2" 
    ManualClose="false" 
    Sticky="true"   
    RelativeTo="Element" 
    Animation="Resize" 
    Skin="WebBlue">    
        <asp:LinkButton ID="pageEditLink" runat="server"  
            Text="Edit" 
            CommandName="Edit" 
            CommandArgument="mainpage" 
            OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
            CssClass="pageToolsEdit"  
            CausesValidation="false" /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:LinkButton ID="pageCreateLink" runat="server"  
            Text="Create" 
            CommandName="Create" 
            CommandArgument="mainpage" 
            OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
            CssClass="pageToolsCreate"  
            CausesValidation="false" /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:LinkButton ID="pageCopyLink" runat="server" 
            Text="Copy" 
            CommandName="Copy" 
            CommandArgument="mainpage" 
            OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
            CssClass="pageToolsCopy"  
            CausesValidation="false" /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:LinkButton ID="pageRenameLink" runat="server"  
            Text="Rename"  
            CommandName="Rename" 
            CommandArgument="mainpage" 
            OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
            CssClass="pageToolsRename" 
            CausesValidation="false" /> 
</telerik:RadToolTip> 

I tried doing this but it gave a compile error saying it doesn't recognize my content:
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager1" runat="server" 
    Position="BottomLeft" 
    OffsetX="-20" 
    OffsetY="-2" 
    ManualClose="false" 
    Sticky="true"   
    RelativeTo="Element" 
    Animation="Resize" 
    Skin="WebBlue"> 
    <TargetControls> 
        <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="control1" /> 
        <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="control2" /> 
        <telerik:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="control3" />         
    </TargetControls> 
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"  
        Text="Edit" 
        CommandName="Edit" 
        CommandArgument="mainpage" 
        OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
        CssClass="pageToolsEdit"  
        CausesValidation="false" /> 
    <br /> 
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton2" runat="server"  
        Text="Create" 
        CommandName="Create" 
        CommandArgument="mainpage" 
        OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
        CssClass="pageToolsCreate"  
        CausesValidation="false" /> 
    <br /> 
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton3" runat="server" 
        Text="Copy" 
        CommandName="Copy" 
        CommandArgument="mainpage" 
        OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
        CssClass="pageToolsCopy"  
        CausesValidation="false" /> 
    <br /> 
    <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton4" runat="server"  
        Text="Rename"  
        CommandName="Rename" 
        CommandArgument="mainpage" 
        OnCommand="PageTools_Click" 
        CssClass="pageToolsRename" 
        CausesValidation="false" /> 
</telerik:RadToolTipManager> 

Can I add content to the RadToolTipManager like the RadToolTip?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hello,

I have a line series chart that is populated by a SQL data source.  There is a large number of values returned for the queries I'm using to populate the chart.  I have been able to set the LabelStep property for the Axis labels and that works well, but I can't seem to find an equivalent of this for the Series labels on the actual lines.

The end result is that I have way too many labels on my line chart that are all compressed and writing over top of each other.  Is there some way I can control this (stepping for series labels, etc...)

Thanks!

Chris
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
2 answers
153 views
Would like your advice on how to implement the following functionality.

We would like to have an image in a column which, when the user clicks it, opens a RadWindow with additional information on the item in that row.  We would like the user to be able to click on several rows and open multiple windows at a time. 

Once these windows are open, we would like them to survive postbacks (for example, when the user sorts or groups the grid). 

First, it seems like we need to create the windows dynamically, since we don't know how many row icons the user may click in advance.  And we must do it server-side, since the windows must be created there, I believe, to survive postbacks. 

If we create windows dynamically in a gridbuttoncolumn itemcommand event, how do we know how to create them again in a postback, so they can apply viewstate back to themselves (the Url's, etc)?  And when someone clicks Close for a window client side, and our close handler removes it from window manager client-side, do we need to do something server-side to follow this up?

Is it possible to do this?  I don't quite see how it fits all together.  Do you have an example?

Regards,
Bob Reader
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
3 answers
270 views
I am using a RadGrid and I am having problems setting the value of a checkbox.
It seam to deafult to checked and I am not sure how to set it to unchecked.

This works for the update but not for the insert

 <asp:CheckBox ID="chkArchive" runat="server" Checked='<%# (DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"Archive").ToString()!="False"?true:false) %>' /> 

Thanks
Paul
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
110 views
I have a senerio where the user requests that after an item is updated, to show a message for like 5 seconds and then disapear.  I noticed on the samples there is one tool tip showing number of items in a mailbox but how can i make this work by after updating an item per say, change a message inside the tooltip and then display it lets say in the lower left hand corner.  Any samples would be greatly apreciated or a guidance to how i can complete this task.

Thanks in advance.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
1 answer
116 views
What do I need to do to have the new value of an edited node persist for a postback?

Jorge
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?