Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
495 views
I want to select a particular tab (together with the multipage) on PageLoad on client side. Selecting the tab is no problem but I failed to get a reference to the radMultiPage to also select the correct PageView. On page load or TabOnLoad it seems that the control is not available the "$find" returns "null". When I select a tab by mouse the reference is available but there it is to late. Any ideas how to accomplish this task?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
9 answers
139 views
Hi

I am trying to find out upon which page a particular data row falls.

In order to do this I need to cycle through each row in the grid in the current order of the grid.

Please can you tell me how I might retreive a collection showing all items in the Grid in it's current order.

Kind Regards

David
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
206 views

I loaded the treeview from SQL on code behind and add custom attributes there, 

<

telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" OnNodeClick="RadTreeView1_NodeClick"

 

Skin="Default" Width="99%" Height="550px" OnClientContextMenuItemClicking="ContextMenuClick"

 

AllowNodeEditing="True" OnNodeEdit="RadTreeView1_NodeEdit" AccessKey="T" EnableDragAndDrop="True"

 

OnNodeDrop="RadTreeView1_NodeDrop" OnNodeExpand="RadTreeView1_NodeExpand" OnContextMenuItemClick="RadTreeView1_ContextMenuItemClick">

 

<ContextMenus>

 

<telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu ID="treContextMenu" Skin="Vista" runat="server" CollapseAnimation-Duration="100">

 

<Items>

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Remote Desktop to Server" ImageUrl="Img/new.gif" ></telerik:RadMenuItem>

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem IsSeparator=true></telerik:RadMenuItem>

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="New Node" ImageUrl="Img/new.gif" />

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Delete Node" ImageUrl="Img/delete.gif" />

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Rename Node" ImageUrl="Img/rename.gif" PostBack="false" />

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Copy Node" ImageUrl="Img/copy.gif" />

 

<telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Paste Node" ImageUrl="Img/paste.gif" />

 

</Items>

 

</telerik:RadTreeViewContextMenu>

 

</ContextMenus>

 

<NodeTemplate>

 

<asp:Image ID="imgSeverity" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/greenfla.bmp" />

 

<asp:Image ID="ImgNode" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/city.bmp" />

 

<asp:Label ID="lblNodeName" runat="server"></asp:Label>

 

<%

# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "NodeName")%>

</NodeTemplate>

 

</telerik:RadTreeView>

serverNode.Attributes[

"Current_Severity"] = serverRow["Current_Severity"].ToString();

serverNode.Attributes[

"IP_Address"] = serverRow["IP_Address"].ToString();

when I tried to retrieve attrbitue from context menu client function, 

function ContextMenuClick(sender, eventArgs)

{

var node = eventArgs.get_node() ;

alert(node.get_text()) ;

var ip_Address = node.get_attributes().getAttribute("IP_Address");

var NodeType = node.get_attributes().getAttribute("NoteType");


if
(eventArgs.get_menuItem().get_text() == "Remote Desktop to Server")

{

runApp(ip_Address) ;

}

}


it told me that ip_address is undefined.

any Idea about it?

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
124 views
With FormDecorator added in the page with a RadUpload, the RadUpload lost the button "Add" "Remove" but if we click where the button suppose to be the add work OK. I set the FormDecorator Control to :

<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="Buttons" Skin="Web20" />

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
245 views
I'm working on a project where I'd like the RadEditor to query the insertion of a flash file and if it has a .swf extension to embed the flash movie in the page using custom code where as if the extentsion is .flv to use a different embed code and just pass the filename in the querystring to the a Flash Video player we'll create.
 
I've read the below post but had a couple of queries.

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-mke-b454T-bgh-b454c-bgh.aspx

1) Why are the above changes be made to the MediaManger.ascx file and not the FlashManager.ascx file?

2) Can anyone offer a demo or more guidance who's done this before? I'm suprised more people haven't posted regarding this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
4 answers
124 views

I have been recently working with Sliding panes and have noticed two issues.

1)When a sliding pane has a flash object and it is docked, it will overlap everything especially other sliding panes. 

2) The next issue seems to only effect certain screen resolutions. Basically when I have three panes. The right pane has the sliding panes and the middle pane has the populated grid and the left pane has the menu. When docking the right pane the grid in the middle pane appears distorted. Viewing the same app on a higher resolution is much better and all looks like its supposed to.

Any ideas? 

Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
3 answers
192 views
hi

Recently, I downloaded the trial version of ASP.net Ajax 2007 Q3 SP2 and I tried some on the controls.

I like the tutorial that tells you to copy the skins in the RADControl folder to the  project directory. But i copy to App_Themes folder and I change the skinpath of the control to App_Themes folder.

One thing i like about this old  method is that i can just change the CSS and save and refresh my web app and that I would immediately reflect the changes.

Now, I just bought the ASP.net Ajax 2008 Q1 and it seems that all has changes and I am totally lost.

How do I copy some of the skins into the App_Themes and make changes to some of the CSS in 2008 Q1 like those in 2007 Q3 SP2? Thanks
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
108 views
I have a prometheus Menu in a Master Page. The menu is in a div with a z-index set. In Internet Explorer 6, the entire menu is invisible. Works fine in IE 7 and Firefox. Any ideas?
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
2 answers
161 views

Hi,
I'm using RadControls 2008 Q1 and I'm trying to create a custom skin for the RADGRID.
According the papers "Basic of TELERIK RAD CONTROLS SKINNING" and "Create Skinning for Radstrip",
I follow the steps

  • Copy the sunset Skin of Grid into my website folder: <SiteRoot>/RadControls/Grid/Skins/MySkin
    • Copy sunset CSS : Styles.css into this folder : <SiteRoot>/RadControls/Grid/Skins/MySkin/Styles.css
  •             (or Style.css, I tried both)
    • Copy sunset images :  into IMG folder : <SiteRoot>/RadControls/Grid/Skins/MySkin/Img/*.gif
    • Rename all _SunSet by _MySkin in the Styles.css
  • Setting EnableEmbeddedSkins property to False for my grid control
  • Setting Skin to MySkin property for my grid control

    but it doesn't work and  the skin is not applie

    Thank for your help

Jéremie Pasquier

BERTRAND SCHWEISGUTH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
3 answers
230 views
I am trying to upgrade my TabStrips and Tabs from RadControls for ASP.NET to RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX but I am having trouble since the ID property has been removed.  I used the ID on the server side and the client side for working with the tabs since it was a unique identifier but that property has been removed in the new version and I can't find an adequate replacement since the other properties such as Text and Value are all localizable and change depending on that language you are viewing the site in.  I understand why Text is localizable, but I am not sure why Value is and if it weren't localizable I could possibly use it as a replacement for the ID property.

Can you please tell me why the ID has been removed, why Value is localizable and how I am supposed to refer to the tabs on the client side with a multi-language website?
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?